Cadillac Owners Forum banner
196K views 357 replies 154 participants last post by  gogmgo 
#1 ·
What options? How was the dealer experience?

Post pics too.

#172 ·
Hi all, I picked up mine earlier this month. Sorry about contributing to your decline in resale for those of you that bought new. I did'nt want the black or silver so my options were really limited. I live in Buffalo so haven't had a chance to really get on it for any extended period of time, or even really drive it, been using my Trailblazer SS, but interior and exterior are flawless! 42k miles, under GMPP warranty until 2013 or 66k. Owned by an older guy and delivered to me from Nebraska. Even came with OnStar and XM paid ahead.
First mod planned is the Spectre intake. I also have a Nitrous Express wet kit that's currently on my truck that I'd love to throw on for S&G, if it will take it.

EDIT: Won't let me post pics/link. Picture a stock 06 Stealth Gray with cashmere interior.

#175 ·
haha, you really have to pick your spots when you want to open it up. Especially in the winter since the car pulls like a freight train but can't get traction til 3rd-4th gear and you have to keep an eye out for black ice.
I have some sneaky spots for summer though.

G
#179 ·
UPDATE:

Performance Modifications:

ZZP Smaller 2.55" Upper Pulley
58lb Steigmeier Injectors
Full Stage 1 & 2 Spectre Intake
160 Degree Thermostat
Magnaflow exhaust w/ Resonated X-Pipe
All Amsoil Fluids
D3 Torquemaster spark plugs
Upgraded Flex-A-Lite Heat Exchanger
Frozenboost Front mount heat exchanger w/ 50/50 Water Wetter
Factory Intercooler pump w/ additional 8 GPM Intercooler Pump ran Inline
Wait4Me Performance Dyno Tune

Appearance Modifications:

20" 3 Piece Asanti AF104a Custom Painted Wheels
Custom 10th Anniversary Cobra Painted Calipers w/ Brembo Stickers
Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
2" Drop D3 Lowering Kit
White LED Interior/Exterior Conversion Kit
8K HID High Beams/ Low Beams
3k HID Fog Lights
Chrome Amber Turn Signals
Custom Clear Fog Light Housing Assembly
VHT Niteshaded Reverse, Side, And marker Lights
2011 CTS-V Front Emblem
2011 CTS-V Suede Shifter
Front license plate mount holes filled & repainted
Navigation Lockpick Installed
Intercooler Lid Painted VHT Wrinkle Red
Airbrushed V Logo on Front Mount Heat Exchanger
35% Tinted Glass, 50% tinted windshield

#181 ·
So I had hoped to post different images of my new to me 2008 sts v but apparently the deer in the middle of road at 2 am had different ideas. Goes in to the body shop on Monday. I'm bummed, had it just over a week and only driven it a few times.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#189 ·
#191 ·
#193 ·
A continuation of the Rome adventure... sorry it has taken me a few days to respond. I actually do not own a house or apartment in Rome. I live in the UK and Rome is only a two hour flight away. I keep the car in a friend's garage - he owns 150 cars - mostly GM vehicles from the 20s through the noughties. I am looking to buy a CTS-V - I agree that dynamically it is the better car but when I bought my STS-V if I remember correctly the CTS-V was not yet available. My Roman friend has a CTS-V and I have gotten it up to its European-restricted top speed of 304 km/h (188 mph) on one of the highways leading into Rome ("all roads lead to Rome"). This summer we are going to take both the STS-V and the CTS-V to Germany and meet up with some BMW M5 owners for a showdown. There are some lightly travelled highways in Southern Germany that are propitious grounds for high-speed travel - but on the weekends and early in the morning. BTW, if the bug grabs you it is very easy to ship your Cadillac over for a few weeks of European driving - approximately $2k for the shipping plus your own flight. I can promise you the adventure of a lifetime.

#195 ·
Well you make a very good point but since my friend is Italian and I, although born in Detroit, grew up in Italy we have never been impressed with Maserati, Ferrari and Lamborghini. Firstly, they are all very unreliable and high-maintenance and secondly and most importantly they are driven by people that you would not want to associate with. These cars, and especially Ferrari and Lamborghini do not have a good reputation in Italy and are extremely rare. You can drive the length and the breadth of the boot without ever seeing a Ferrari. It is for the same reason that any elegant man would not be caught dead in a suit made by Armani - in Italy it is just not cool. Ferraris are for people with more money than sense in the Middle East, China and the USA. The most aspirational car brands for Italians are Audis on the sedan and station wagon side and Porsche on the sports car side. Cadillac is, judging from the reactions I always get, the coolest brand in Italy - unfortunately there are just not that many Cadillacs in circulation. But that is a marketing and pricing problem that Cadillac can and needs to resolve.

#196 ·
Well I'm Italian but I don't speak Italian. lol. I was born in the USA. Just can't believe you guys don't like Italian cars. Just really amazing. What do you guys think of Shelbys or Corvettes? lol

Or how about Mercedes Benz or BMW?

Wow that's actually inspiring actually and makes me proud to own and drive a Cadillac. :)

So if I was to go to Italy what suits would you recommend? French I assume? lol

I always thought the best suits made were Italian.

#198 ·
Italians love Corvettes and I personally have owned and kept in Italy an '87 C4, an '89 C4, a '92 ZR-1, an '00 C5 and just recently an '08 C6. I will probably buy another yellow Vette in the not too distant future. Shelbys are basically unknown in Italy, but Italy is one of GM's biggest export markets for the Corvette in Europe after Germany, Switzerland and Sweden. FIAT dominated Italy's car market for the thirty years after WWII but Italians have long since realised that the Germans and the Asians make better cars and FIAT's market share has been declining inexorably. The Ferrari and Maserati divisions perform well but like I said previously their sales are concentrated in China, the US, the Middle East and northern Europe. Italy probably ranks fifteenth in terms of sales and it is very rare to see a Ferrari in Italy. Italians are proud of the brand and especially its F1 successes but well educated Italians find the cars too flashy. Pimps and Albanian drug dealers are more likely to drive a Ferrari in Italy.

Mercedes in Italy suffers from the same problem it has in Germany - too many Mercedes taxis. This cheapens the brand quite considerably. BMW is well regarded and sells right alongside Audi. As to your sartorial question no right thinking Italian would ever be caught dead in a French suit - the French do not make good male haberdashery. Most Italians of a certain socio-economic background go to their tailors to have their suits made - much cheaper than buying an off the rack Armani and looks better too. Armani, like Ferrari, is for the Chinese, the Americans and the Arabs.

Cadillacs and Italy were made for each other. If you ever see the movie Dolce Vita you will notice that Cadillacs and Corvettes were the most desirable cars in Italy during the 50s and 60s. GM lost its way in the US in the 70s, 80s and 90s and Italian interest waned alongside it. But they have come back strongly and there is nothing more enjoyable than caning the accelerator pedal on a big torquey Cadillac V8 up an autostrada incline at 140 mph and passing all of these little four-pot Asian and Fiat cars as they labor up the hill. Italy, Germany, Spain and Belgium are four countries in Western Europe where speed limits are not really an issue and you can drive to your hearts content. But its not about furtively reaching the top speed and decelerating quickly. It is about looking at the map and seeing that Naples is 200 kilometers (120 miles) away from Rome and realising that you can get there in a little over an hour door-to-door, head for Da Michele for the best pizza in the world and be back in Rome in time for your afternoon cocktail. That is what it is all about.

#201 ·
You givin' orders now? :crowded:

Reactions: Forgoten214