Cadillac Owners Forum banner
196K views 357 replies 154 participants last post by  gogmgo 
#1 ·
What options? How was the dealer experience?

Post pics too.

#103 ·
Spent a few days reading thru the differnt post's here before I made the leap .
Purchased an 07 with just under 25K miles as a Christmas gift :highfive:, the car still has a few miles left on the original tires , and is pretty close to new condition. Black on Black with sunroof ,doesn't appear there was really any option choices from new.
Hard to say what we paid since we traded in a car, but the starting price was 35K... gave my 02 Ram Air Trans AM and 20k .
Was getting a little tired of shifting the manual transmission in our Trans am.
Pretty sure this V-car would smoke the TA off the line , at least with me shifting the TA.
Ordered a set of Corsa's as soon as I bought the car and found a Stage 1 intake kit from D3 on ebay. Waiting to see if the wife notices the difference in sound :thepan:... installed them on the day she went shopping.
The muffler shop only charged $100 and saved the original just in case.

#105 ·
Hey Everybody... i have a 1994 cadillac concours right now.. i bought it cheap for 2 grands with 167k on it.. by now ive put on 200ks on it and ive put in 8 grands easy on it, car came wit lots of problems... im done fixing one and the other just pops up.... i found a 2006 STS-V on auto trader (im in toronto,Canada).. im planning to trade the concours in for it.. dealers asking for $39k, it has 48k's on it and is an american car.. im hoping to pay $33k with the trade in love this car and i havent even seen it.. im 21 by the way..

#106 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I just picked up my blk/blk '06. I love this car. I Paid $30,500 + ttl on this car with only 25,000, Plus the dealer put new tires on the car before he closed the deal. The only problems I've Found so far is the ashtray won't open and every time i use the blutooth to make a call i get a really loud buzz like a fire alarm right before the call starts to dial. if it make any difference Im using a 3g iPhone.

#107 ·
Congrats! :highfive:

Ashtray = Warranty Repair.. I don't even consider that an ashtray with felt in it though.. more likely a change holder :) :thepan:

There is a TSB for the NAV/Voice Recognition software; I just had it completed recently on my car (first one my dealer had done and had to order the firmware upgrade CD's) that should square away any Bluetooth issues and help the VR.. I've only driven mine home since having the updates done but played around with it while in the garage and was pleased.

#108 ·
Thanks the voice req. is fine its' just the bluetooth. If I dial a number then push send there is this loud buzz right before it dials, then its fine. I wouldn't think it is a normal sound but it happens every-time, like it is a design flaw.

also I don't care about the ashtray but I would like to use the 12v

#109 ·
Ashtray is definatly warranty, make sure it works properly too. When I bought mine both front and rear ashtrays did not work, they replaced the front ashtray (thats how I found out it was an ashtray and how i figured out the rear was an ashtray) then abotu 2 weeks after my front one broke again.

#111 ·
Hello Everybody.. I just picked up my first V on saturday... 06 with 13k... black raven with the black/red interior.... All i can say is WOW, the wife and i decided we needed another vehicle, but from going from our lifted 03 chevy 1/2 ton 5.3l to this bad boy is stepping into another world. I like the forum, seems like LOTS of good info. Thanks to everybody for providing that!

Just wanted to say hi :D

#112 ·
Welcome to the group, Ben! You and I have the same taste in vehicles. I have a lifted Chevy 1/2 ton (2001 though) and an 06 STS-V black with black/red interior (the fastest color combination:duck:)

The fun thing is if you go back and drive your Chevy for a few days, you get back into the V and it feels even sweeter than before. It is truly the only car I have ever owned that I never get tired of and that seems to get better and better every time I drive it.

Congrats on your purchase! You'll be enjoying this car for a long time.

#113 ·
LOL.. what are the chances of that? I do have to say it's a nice combo.. i might also mention that my truck is all blacked out... well not smoked tail/headlights or anything.. but black wheels :D. Thanks for the welcome.. i'm hoping i'll be able to add my 2c to the forum.. that is after i figure more out about this car. I keep telling my wife i'm going to forget to use the brights, leave the keys in it and forget to lock my truck now that i'm getting used to this car LOL... Dang thing is too smart for MY own good.

I'm looking to upgrade the car sometime in the near future.. looking at doing the following (not for sure in this order)
Intake/Exhaust
Wheels/tires
Lowering springs

I'm not sure if i can run the 1.5 drop and still tuck 22's all around.. if not i'll probably just go with a 19-20 combo... i'm not sure how black wheels will look if they are not as big as possible.. lol. Any mods done to your STS-V?

#114 ·
Well, we differ there at least. My truck is bright red with a good amount of chrome and tinted windows. One of my friends refers to it as a "showboat".

I tend to gravitate toward red vehicles, or at least vehicles with red on them somewhere. I was already leaning toward something like the STS-V as I wanted a really powerful American luxury car (preferably a GM), but the original model CTS-V was too small for me and I wasn't so keen on the interior. When I saw you could get the larger, more luxurious, and better looking STS-V with red interior, I was in love. It was like Cadillac came up with this car exactly for me. I had one of those "Oh yes.... it will be mine." moments.

The only non-stock modifications to my car are tinted windows and chromed factory wheels (the original dealer took the painted factory wheels and has them stripped and chromed).

I am very pleased with the way my STS-V is right now, so I highly doubt I will make any further modifications to it. I'm not so much into lowering and installation of non-factory wheels on such a high end car, but I certainly don't fault those who are.

I may go for the upgraded ECM, though, as all the discussion about more low end power and driveability has gotten me intrigued.

#116 ·
I just bought a 2006 STS-V Black/Black & wow does it move!!! I traded in a BMW 745i Sport for this car. The BMW handles better and has a better sound system but the power from the STS-V more than makes up for it.

#117 ·
HI
I have a 2007 sts-v.
I love the car.
I am having a problem with the front tires cupping. The noise is so loud on some roads you can not hear the radio.
The first set was the orginal Pirelli run flat, They were noisey at 4500 miles and we put up with them until 15,000. I replaced them with Dunlap road racers. At 4000 miles they are as bad as the Pirelli.
I met a 2006 sts v owner and he is having the same problem within 15,000 miles and two sets of tires.
We both have had 3 alignments at $100.00 each.
Maybe Cadillac needs to address this.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Otherwise i love the car

#119 ·
Hey all-
I just joined the STS-V family. I now have an '06 V car, it's silver, with the black/red interior combo. Got with 15,000 miles on it. So far so good, it's super fun! I would say super fast, but I'm a little biased when it comes to that. I have a mustang that runs in the low 8's in the 1/4. But for a street car, it pretty slick!

I have a question though.. How common or uncommon are ventilated seats? Mine doesn't have them, it would have been nice, but not a deal breaker..

Where can I get info on putting in a back up camera?

Where is a good place to get some nice cross drilled rotors for the car?

#120 ·
As far as I know NO 06 has ventilated seats. Personally it seems like a gimmicky feature to me. My BMW 745i had them and I honestly did not notice a huge difference with them on or off. You are luck to have the red/black interior i wanted so bad but could not find one in my area.

#128 ·
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum so I thought this would be a good place to introduce myself. I'm a "good 'ol boy" from Suffolk Virgina, (used to be the peanut capitol of the world) hence my username vapnut. I inherited my 2008 platinum STS V from a friend. He bought it from Dukes Oldsmobile/Cadillac in Suffolk VA last June. He wanted one that was fully loaded with every option they could put on it, so they found one in NJ and had it delivered. When the car was ready at the dealership, he asked me if I would go with him to the "orientation" of the vehicle because when he died he was leaving me his car. The last new vehicle I ever owned was a 1978 Ford E150 van, which I still use today.I also own a 1985 Oldsmobile cutlass ciera with only 60k origional miles (I don't drive much) Every time I had to take my friend to the hospital he would tell me how much I was going to enjoy his new car, which is not what I wanted to hear at that time. He parked the car at his home and being in very bad health, he drove it very little. (it only had 800 miles on it when I got it)Sadly, my friend passed away in December and I inherited his new car that has barely been driven. Now I have to take the time to learn about it which brings me to this forum.

I, like everyone else, seem to have a problem with the voice recognition system. To me it is worthless until GM can find another voice recognition program vendor.

I also noticed recently the LDW (Lane Departure Warning) stopped working. It shows up on the dash momentarily at start up, but is not functional when rolling. It also cannot be enabled from the congiguration menu. (Blacked out) Its due for it's first state inspection this month so I will ask the dealer to check it out.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a custom cover for this car that will be kept outside? There seems to be so many to choose from. When I learn how to post pictures here I will. Again, greetings from Suffolk VA and I would like to dedicate my first post here in honor of my dear departed friend that was a really classy guy.

In Memory: GHM 1947 - 2008

#131 ·
Hey again,

I've been around for a while. Lost my beloved '05 STS to a total loss accident. After a ton of shopping to replace it, the V-series kept looking better and better..... I couldn't resist. I got an '06 STS-V, Black on Black (16k miles). It made it here before my "welcome packet" so I'm stuck looking at it, unable to register yet. So... what better to do than snap pictures?!?

I've restrained from getting ecstatic (yet), not being able to (legally) take it out on the road.... it's killing me, but I'm boiling on the inside.

.... pardon the lack of angles or variety of pics, but didn't have much walk around room to play with. I guess all the pics look similar, but heck, it looks so good at all angles, I couldn't just pick one..... could you?!!

----

----

----

----

-----