Cadillac Owners Forum banner
196K views 357 replies 154 participants last post by  gogmgo 
#1 ·
What options? How was the dealer experience?

Post pics too.

#68 ·
Re-checking in, up to 10,800 miles now. The car is starting to get beat up a little with the wife driving it nearly everyday, the front spoiler/spliter on both sides,left side ground effects...she ran over something in the fast lane which damaged that and the drivers door...I touched it up, the rear bumper...someone backed into the car while she was sitting in it and the right rear fender above the wheel well...someone elses door ding.

Other than that, it still runs good, feels good. I have installed Redline water wetter in the engine cooling system and charge cooler while also reducing the antifreeze content to less that 30%. Seems to make it run hard more consistently.

#69 ·
I have a 2006 with all options. I just this week replaced the exhaust system with GM part #19157659 which is a Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System upgrade for the V. The sound is awsome, an agressive growl. The pipes are larger than stock & look impressive. I highly reccomend the upgrade if you want to attract attention. You can hear the power just in the idle.

crazytk

#71 ·
Hello All,

I found these boards and wanted to say hello. I just bought my 2008 STS-V on monday, silver with the black/black interior. I just have to say I love this car and am very happy about the decision to get it. I spent 2 weeks looking at all kinds of cars and playing the dealership game. I think this is the first car I got that I didnt have any remorse after. Anyways, Hello again, and looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Joe C.

#75 ·
Good day,
I purchased a 2007 STS-V online from Chesrown Cadillac who advertised it on this site approximately a month ago. Took awhile to get up here with all the paperwork, shipping and such but it now has a new home in my garage :) Great car and looking forward for the rain to stop so I can put it through it paces.
Cheers,
SS

#79 ·
I wish it were a purchase but even as I car I will have to turn it I am excited. I sat in one in a lobby in the GM Tech Center when the STS-V first came out and was hooked. I just wish the supercharger pulley came off LOL.

Even so I bet it will be a lot easier to get <5s 0-60's out of than the CTS-V was. I loved that car but I was never willing to do the high RPM clutch sidesteps needed to get best acceleration out of it. Watching the traction control kick in on a shift at 90 MPH was entertaining though. We'll see if I end up missing having a stick or not.

#80 ·
Well, I've been roaming around for a couple days.... I just purchased a 06 STSV from ohio but have to wait a couple days before I even get to sit in it! I am from the houston tx area. I previously had a Trailblazer SS that I sold to get this hot mama of a car.(can i say that here, haha...) its a black on black STSV. LEt me just say I am getting very anxious to see this car!!

#83 ·
Hello Everyone!

I have been in the market for sometime looking for the 'perfect' STS-V -- My luck came last week when I located on in Columbia, SC. Manufactured in 04/06 , Stealth Gray, Beige Seats/Gray Trim (Rare I take it), 12k miles on it! MINT MINT MINT! I came home from San Francisco late Friday night and they had it in Greenville SC -- Paid 40k for it.

Questions -- How many Grey were produced? Caddillac can't seem to give me an answer - and how can I allow my passengers to watch DVD's while driving!

Mom has a 2005 1SG STS with 35k (bought new) 2007 Kia Sorento (gas mileage mobile), I have an 00 SSEi - Daily Driver (bought new), 00 WS6 (bought new), everyonce in a while driver, 88 Chevy K1500 was my dads (YEP bought new!)

I'm going to be ready forever I'm sure.. thanks in advance for your help!

#88 ·
Rick from Calgary, CAN. I imported my 2006 STS-V (Light Platinum/Tango Interior) from a dealer in Cleveland this past July. Friend and I drove it over 2000 miles back to Calgary through Chicago, Minneapolis, and a few small towns in North Dakota and Montana. It has just over 24k miles on it and couldn't have been happier with the whole adventure. I have a new set of chrome stock rims and new rubber on the way. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

#92 ·
I just got my 2006 STS-V today. It is Stealth Grey with the black interior and it has 21,600 miles on it (not for long though:stirpot:). I watched it on Auto Trader for like 5-6 months while I was in Iraq and ended up buying it for $32,000:highfive:. Bought it without seeing it in person and so far everything is going pretty well.

Also would like to thank you guys for posting all the info. I checked the forum almost daily while I was deployed and it was very helpful when trying to decide which V i wanted. Pretty entertaining as well.

Micah

#95 ·
Agreed with the other gentleman -- I picked mine up back in June with 12k miles on it for $39k in excellent condition (Stealth Gray with the Light Gray interior which I really like) -- and mine was found locally as well. :thumbsup:

As stated before, this coming from the son of a Navy father, thank you for your service as well!