Cadillac Owners Forum banner
196K views 357 replies 154 participants last post by  gogmgo 
#1 ·
What options? How was the dealer experience?

Post pics too.

#27 ·
Re: STS-V owners, check in!

There is actually a function in the navigation system that will recalibrate the car to your new wheels/tires. Be sure that you have about 10 miles of mostly straight road when you perform this calibration.

Start by pressing the "config" button on the dash, then select the navigation button on the screen, then select the "distance" button on the screen.

#29 ·

We got our Thunder Gray V last Wednesday on November 22. Still beaking it in with only 300 miles on it. I work at the dealer where I purchased it and went on the dealer trade to pick it up. Drove it back to L.A. from San Diego... a nice civilized Hot Rod.

#57 · (Edited)

We got our Thunder Gray V last Wednesday on November 22. Still beaking it in with only 300 miles on it. I work at the dealer where I purchased it and went on the dealer trade to pick it up. Drove it back to L.A. from San Diego... a nice civilized Hot Rod.
It's been 4 months now...with 5,000 miles...I have since moved to another Cadillac dealeship as my employment(I'm a Service Advisor), I have added D3's Stage 1 air intake and computer upgrade, with excellent results, I have changed all my fluids over to Amsoil, except the power steering, which I changed to Redline P/S fluid, since Amsoil does not make a specific P/S fluid as GM cars require, and I had a case left over from my Redline Oil days.

My wife won't let me get the exhaust(Corsa), even though we had one on our previous car, our '99 Seville STS...go figure(it IS primarily her car, though).

#30 ·

Have my Black on Black waiting for me to pick up. Hopefully tomorrow and I'll get some pics up too.

#31 ·

Picked it up yesterday. Black Raven with Ebony interior. Bone stock. First mod, Car Motorsports V mats :thumbsup:

#40 ·

We had a chance to draft Brees and chose Michael Vick instead. We are not happy here in ATL.
Could be worse, you could be a Dolphins fan who signed Dante "I tore every ligament in my leg" Culpepper instead of Brees :banghead:

Since I won't be spending any money traveling to see the Dolphins in the Super Bowl anytime soon, I treated myself to an 07 STS-V! Here are some lame pics I took last night. I'll put some better ones up later this week:

STS-V Pics

Ron

#42 · (Edited)

New member! Had my V for over a year (12-23-2005) but just found this site. Great source of info. I would submit some pics of my ride, but the poor thing is covered in snow (happens here in Chicago). Speaking of snow, I desperately need some new rims so I can mount a set of ADVAN S.4 winter tires. Anything would be better than the set of Euphorias on it now. Great in the summer, but almost worthless in the white stuff! Any links, sources or spots here in Chicago to pick them up would be much appreciated. Also posted my obligatory hello on the new member's lounge.

Bob

#45 ·

Hi gang, I'm a 45 year old STS-V owner in Maryland. I've had the car since last May and it rocks! I have approximately 11K miles on it and love driving it every time I get behind the wheel.
Welcome! Hope to see you around here a bit.

Where in MD? My sister lives near Annapolis.

#47 ·

Hey everyone...I just bought a black on black '06 STS-V here in Portland, OR. My wife had a fender bender with my 2000 GS400...which turned out to be $20k damage...so the car was totalled. lucky me. Local Cadi dealer was selling their '06's pretty cheap and i've wanted one for a while.

I drove it for 3 days and love it. feels considerably quicker than my GS and has way more cool gadgets. The bluetooth works great with my BB pearl.

Unfortunately i had to take it in for a "tire pressure sensor monitor service" ...which won't be fixed until monday, which means 7 days in the shop for what seemed like a simple repair. My GS was never in the shop over night for the 7 years i owned it. Hopefully this is a fluke...and the car is as trouble free as many of the posts indicate. until i get it back, i can barely stand having to use the KEY on my CTS loaner...how quickly we get spoiled.

Couple questions people may be able to help me with:

1) is there a way to set the steering wheel control to scan my presets instead of scanning all stations? scanning all stations is not very useful...

2) anyone know of a "lockpick" or like device to bypass the nav lockdown while moving?

3) anyone notice the driver seat feeling slightly "loose"? like it moves slightly side to side on hard cornering? little clicking sound...

4) does anyone know if the gain on the amp(s) can be turned up a tad. don't need much more, but some of my CD's don't have quite the volume i like.

Good Forum...seems very friendly and helpful.

#48 ·

OK... so I bit the bullet (or bought the bullet so to speak). I put a deposit on my dream STS-V last Friday. I will be picking it up in Dallas when I am there for vacation on March 22nd. I can hardly wait! I'll be driving it back to North Carolina with a few stops along the way to visit some friends and relatives along the way. I think the return trip will be half the fun of the vacation!

She's ebony black with added factory chrome wheels and sports the black and red interior (gotta have the red for an NC State alum).

All the talk from you guys in the forum has gotten me excited to finally get my own STS-V. I've been waiting for this car for a LONG time!

I just wanted to pop in with my first post and say hi to all of the fellow STS-V owners.

Dale Hemrick
Cary, NC

#50 ·

She's ebony black with added factory chrome wheels and sports the black and red interior (gotta have the red for an NC State alum).
Welcome to the club! You are going to love the car!

I am also in Cary and would love to see your chrome wheels in person. I've been seriously considering this option but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Enjoy your vacation!

Ron

#51 ·
Hi, Ron! I think I've seen your car on the road once not too long ago, but it was just a fleeting glimpse but enough for me to identify it as a V and not a regular STS. It's the only STS-V I have ever seen on the road, and it was in Cary and it was black. HAD to have been you! :)

I'll drop you a line when I get back home with the car next week and let you look at the wheels. The chrome wheels are the ones stocked by Sewell Cadillac in Dallas (original dealer for this car) which have been mentioned in previous posts.

Dale

#52 ·
Hello y'all

Bought my black sts-v red and black int. from Ron Carter Cadillac in Houston, Texas in Nov. 06. Drove it until the end of Febuary. After reading an article in Luxery Performance mag. about D3 research and design in Calf., I contacted James Gill at D3. Had some discussion on modifications and performance, loaded her (the sts-v not my wife:tisk: ) on a transport and shipped to L.A. The caddy is to undergo extensive performance enhancements. Cooling, heads, pully on SC, ECU, exhaust, intake, injectors,rotors, pads, wheels, tires, lights, and body. D3 works closely with GM so that the mods will not affect my warrenty.:) James believes this will be one of the top mods that D3 has performed 620 Hp+. I hope to get the cad back by the end of April. Any way I thought that you all might find my adventure entertaining. I will post updates and pics as they are available.

Karlis

#53 ·
Hello y'all

Bought my black sts-v red and black int. from Ron Carter Cadillac in Houston, Texas in Nov. 06. Drove it until the end of Febuary. After reading an article in Luxery Performance mag. about D3 research and design in Calf., I contacted James Gill at D3. Had some discussion on modifications and performance, loaded her (the sts-v not my wife:tisk: ) on a transport and shipped to L.A. The caddy is to undergo extensive performance enhancements. Cooling, heads, pully on SC, ECU, exhaust, intake, injectors,rotors, pads, wheels, tires, lights, and body. D3 works closely with GM so that the mods will not affect my warrenty.:) James believes this will be one of the top mods that D3 has performed 620 Hp+. I hope to get the cad back by the end of April. Any way I thought that you all might find my adventure entertaining. I will post updates and pics as they are available.

Karlis
Karlis, very cool. Of course we are interested, we will all be living vicariously through you. 620hp on this car will be insane. Keep us posted.

#54 ·
Well, I joined the CTS-V upgrade club yesterday when I finished a deal with Sewell Cadillac in Dallas! I am now the proud owner of a 2006 Black Raven STS-V with Light Gray interior. This was a program/demo car driven by a GM exec and has 7800 miles on it. Man, what a great car! We were very sad to see the CTS-V go (espcecially my son), but I had to make a change. Seems I tore my left Achilles Tendon real bad - with physical therapy and recuperation it is supposed to heal within 1 1/2 years. Uh, recuperation means no "clutching" or straining my ankle. At first I was really depressed. But then what a great reason for an upgrade!

#59 ·
First meeting of the Cary, NC STS-V contingent

Since we work rather close to each other, I met up with fellow STS-V owner Ron for lunch today. On the way out, I snapped a picture of the first official meeting of the Cary STS-V Contingent. :cloud9:

Great looking pair, huh? Mine is on the left and Ron's is on the right.

Attachments

#61 ·
We were actually looking to order a 2008 CTS when we saw a STS-V with 3,300 miles on the lot. It was a corporate fleet car. We picked it up this past Sunday. It's stealth gray and does not have a sunroof. I know people don't understand, but I'm not much of a fan of a sunroof. The Denali I traded on the STS-V had one and I hated it. I never used it...noisy, hot. It's all personal preference I guess!

Anyway, so far I love my STS-V! So glad we got it! :thumbsup: