Tell us about your STS-V! - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Tell us about your STS-V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Sorry for the delayed response. I haven't been on there (LS1GTO), or the other LS1 forums for awhile. Was on ...
    PCFool is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 GTO

Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

Sorry for the delayed response. I haven't been on there (LS1GTO), or the other LS1 forums for awhile. Was on some when I had my 98 Z28 too. Not too many folks out there that use the same Screen Name.

Georgie_sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Hello everyone!

I bought, a long time ago, a 2007 Cadillac STS-V and the wheels are original but, instead of chrome/silver, they are darker in color (like graphite but a bit lighter). Also the wheel center cap isn't black as the other 2007-09 models but the same color as the wheel with the colored emblem. Does anyone here have any information about it? I'm just curious about it because I haven't seen another STS-V with rims like this. Are they graphite wheels? (I wish). Thank you in advance for your quick response.

Regards,
    George

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie_sts-v View Post
    Hello everyone!

I bought, a long time ago, a 2007 Cadillac STS-V and the wheels are original but, instead of chrome/silver, they are darker in color (like graphite but a bit lighter). Also the wheel center cap isn't black as the other 2007-09 models but the same color as the wheel with the colored emblem. Does anyone here have any information about it? I'm just curious about it because I haven't seen another STS-V with rims like this. Are they graphite wheels? (I wish). Thank you in advance for your quick response.

Regards,
    George
    Some good pictures would be nice.

Georgie_sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    Some good pictures would be nice.
    I've been trying to post a couple of pictures I took but it is hard for me to get it right. I've been using my iPad trying to post the pictures so I'll try to use my laptop next time I try to see if it works. Thank you in advance.

nrobins is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none yet

Quote Originally Posted by Indyblue98 View Post
    Spent a few days reading thru the differnt post's here before I made the leap .
    Purchased an 07 with just under 25K miles as a Christmas gift , the car still has a few miles left on the original tires , and is pretty close to new condition. Black on Black with sunroof ,doesn't appear there was really any option choices from new.
    Hard to say what we paid since we traded in a car, but the starting price was 35K... gave my 02 Ram Air Trans AM and 20k .
    Was getting a little tired of shifting the manual transmission in our Trans am.
    Pretty sure this V-car would smoke the TA off the line , at least with me shifting the TA.
    Ordered a set of Corsa's as soon as I bought the car and found a Stage 1 intake kit from D3 on ebay. Waiting to see if the wife notices the difference in sound ... installed them on the day she went shopping.
    The muffler shop only charged $100 and saved the original just in case.

I am strongly considering selling my 98 TA WS6 vert and purchasing an 07 STS V. Seeing as you have done the same, can you share your thoughts? Any regrets?

rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nrobins View Post
    I am strongly considering selling my 98 TA WS6 vert and purchasing an 07 STS V. Seeing as you have done the same, can you share your thoughts? Any regrets?
    I bought a 2008 STS-V in the US and shipped it to Europe. No regrets at all other than the fact that the speed limiter kicks in at 250 km/h (155mph in funny money) and this was annoying last summer on a speed run from Frankfurt down to the Swiss border. I was keeping up with a W12 Bentley Coupe' with ZG license plates and I flashed to pass him at around 240 km/h. He let me go by and then he was on my tail and when he realised that I was the one who was at V-max he then flashed me and I had to let him go and he drifted off into the distance at speeds between 250 and 300 km/h. So that was annoying. On another note it took me a year for CadillacEurope to apply a European recall notice to my US-homologated STS-V. On the European recall Cadillac Europe replaced all the hoods because at speeds above 240 km/h there was a possibility that the hood would fly off. Obviously this did not apply to the US because the cabal of insurance companies, NHTSA and other Federal authorities have decided that driving at these speeds is dangerous even though mortality rates on European highways is 1/2 to 1/3rd lower than the US - that is for another discussion. So they kept on saying that mine was US version and I would say fine, but it is being driven in Europe at these speeds so they finally relented and replaced it. Two other issues, minor but I will highlight them just the same: since Europeans turn on their blinker for power runs up the passing lane (to indicate to drivers ahead and behind that they are cognisant of being in the passing lane and are there until they finish their power run) it is annoying to have it flash after a brief period to tell you that your indicator light is on (thank you nanny state); and the second item is that the gas tank is too small at 68 litres. I find myself filling it up every 90 minutes when I am on the autobahn/autostrada/autoroute/autopista.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Couple of things about that. I've read about the hood thing and how it's a recall on Europe cars only which is kind of bs but whatever. What about people who take the car onto a track?? The us car is not limited at 149. I wonder when they learned of this issue and if it was remedied in later years on even US models straight from the factory.

I've also read that the us model is limited at 155 and the export at 175 (249 and 256 km/h respectively) but I've 100% absolutely gone to 156 on mine. Is it one of those things where it'll go 1 or 2 over but stick right around 155? Speed was indicated by HUD and the speedometer.

I've been up at these speeds a couple of times and needless to say I haven't lost my hood but it does make me a little nervous to think I might.

Realistically, it only happens if you drive for a distance at that speed - not brief spurts to touch 155. I agree that it is BS because they are the same hoods - except that the speeds are not. You also may be right about the export model not being limited but mine was a US model so it was capped. And yes the actual speed can oscillate a bit. On my 2013 CTS-V, which is a European model, it does say that it is limited to 275 km/h (175 in funny money) but I got it up to 308 km/h in Germany which is basically the top speed of the manual at 191/192.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

get a tuner to remove / raise the speed limiter for the autobahn use.

That is a good idea. I am trying to get the limiter removed on my Escalade - explain to me why the Escalade has a speedometer that reads to 160 but is limited to 107!!!! And 107 is truly too slow!!!!

Chill64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can't believe the luck we had finding our Platinum Ebony Tango 2008 sts v. Amazing car.
    GizmoQ likes this.

WFOWFO64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 64 Fleetwood, 06 STS,11 Escalade Super Charged,06 STS V

I have just bought a 2006 v. I had owned a 2008 V and thought about buying it back from friend I sold it to. It was a GM executive car I bought it in 2009. It had funny paint markings on several different locations. I'm still not sure what this was about. I bought it in MO. I could not justify buying it back because it still only has 25,000 miles on it. There was a 2009 V at the dealer that I could have bought right also. It was another exect car with 70 miles. It was 50 grand. I sold the 2008 to buy a Bentley. My 2006 STS platinum car was recently Totaled so I replaced it with the 2006 V. The car I just bought has several problems but I will soon have it right. This will be my driver.

Nice. Welcome back into a v. Would love to see some pics of some of your cars. Especially the Fleetwood.

shemp852 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Just bought a 2006 STS-V,60,000 miles ..Stealth Gray,light gray interior,dealer said it was a early build no
    sunroof wich is fine with me ..Bought at a Cadillac dealer ....

Nice congrats. Some pics of the interior?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.