Cadillac Owners Forum banner
196K views 357 replies 154 participants last post by  gogmgo 
#1 ·
What options? How was the dealer experience?

Post pics too.

#3 ·
Re: STS-V owners, check in!

We have one on the showroom floor if anybody is shopping in the DC area.
It's light platinum, not sure about the interior color.
They stuck it in there before I got a chance to road test it.

#4 ·

Hi group: I have a fully loaded 2006 STS V8 4 wheel drive and have had some issues with only 4,000 miles on it.

1. The navi system barely recognizes my words
2. I have had 3 of the 4 wheel bearings replaced.

I assume that the car may be fine mechanically, but does anyone have any ideas on how to get that voice recognition to work better?? :rant2: Does anyone know when the new disc will be out as it has the VR software on it?:worship:

Harvey

#6 ·
STS-V owners, check in!

Bartlett_2 said:
I bought mine on tuesday. BlackRaven/Ebony. I thought they came fully loaded, and there is not options?!?!?!
I only got the gas guzzler removed ($2100USD) which I though was good considering they just came out.
That's the best price I've seen so far.:thumbsup: Where did you find it? :confused:

There's only one option, that being the $100 engine block heater. Found one listed at a dealer in San Francisco.

Of course, one could order the car with no sunroof. Heaven help that person when they try to sell it!:eek:

#7 ·

Green STS-V said:
That's the best price I've seen so far.:thumbsup: Where did you find it? :confused:

There's only one option, that being the $100 engine block heater. Found one listed at a dealer in San Francisco.

Of course, one could order the car with no sunroof. Heaven help that person when they try to sell it!:eek:
No i think you have to have sunroof now.

#8 ·

Picked up my Platinum STS-V this evening. Now parked in the garage next to the SRT8. What to do...over 900 HP in the garage.

Early impressions: GREAT acceleration from stop or roll, very good handling. Lots of luxury amenities. Seems to be a softer ride than srt8, but not quite as good handling. Good brakes (srt8 are best in class). overall, great car to drive...tons of fun and luxury, speed to spare. More to come soon, with Pics!

#9 ·

SRT8/BMW said:
Picked up my Platinum STS-V this evening. Now parked in the garage next to the SRT8. What to do...over 900 HP in the garage.

Early impressions: GREAT acceleration from stop or roll, very good handling. Lots of luxury amenities. Seems to be a softer ride than srt8, but not quite as good handling. Good brakes (srt8 are best in class). overall, great car to drive...tons of fun and luxury, speed to spare. More to come soon, with Pics!
Nice! I knew you were back and forth on this one for a long time, enjoy the ride! I was looking at a silver SRT8 yesterday!

#10 ·

We sold one, but we now have 2 more in stock.
Come on over and check them out.
I know one is Platinum, not sure about the other one.

Lindsay Cadillac
Alexandria VA

#11 · (Edited)

I order an STS-V in late October from King Cadillac in Florence, SC. The car finally arrived on Tuesday March 21 2006 and I just love it. The colors are Platinum with grey interior. Yes the car is very fast and a lot of fun to drive.

David S. Livingston
Columbia, SC

#13 ·

I picked mine up a few weeks ago... Black on Black on Black. Lovin' it so far, it is stupid fast when you push it, but can be civilized when you are. I had to make a high speed maneuver the other day to avoid a road hazard and it was amazing. My 300 (not a C) would have flipped over on the same move.

#14 ·

Got one yesterday: platinum/grey. Drove to the dealership in my 400hp '06 Pontiac GTO (same LS2 V8 as in the current CTS-V). A test drive in the STS-V convinced me. I was particularly impressed at how instantly the car reacts to the accelerator; I would have expected more "lag". The engine just picks the car up and throws it forward. And the car is tight; it feels like you're driving a much smaller, more compact automobile.

On the freeway on the way home, however, I noticed that there is still no such thing as a free lunch: that monster engine is a gas hog [and wants premium fuel]. Reviewed the window sticker: 14 city, 20 highway. The LS2 is 17/25, so for long-distance V-driving, the CTS-V may be an option.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the mpg once the engine gets broken in a bit. Disengaging the DLF (driver lead foot) may also mean for a less thirsty supercharger. But what else is there to do when a Shelby GT500 comes up next to you?

#16 ·

Im a new caddy owner, so hello all! Its a 2006 STS-V I belive it to be fully loaded. It has more things then I could ever want in a car. Think it has me spoiled for life(as well as in debt :eek:) Cant say much about the dealer experience as it was a friend.

#17 ·

Just traded in my black CTS-V for a Black STS-V with the black and red interior. The interior is funky but I said what the hell. They sent the car out to get the windows tinted and I'll get her tomorrow. I am sad not to have a stick anymore but with my 2 year lease I hope to see a LS7 CTS-V when I'm up.

#19 ·

More Pictures:

The mesh grille is like those used on the V-16 Caddy's back in the late 30's. The brake ducts are real too.

Spoiler, LED tail lights, rear parking sensors

14.3" Brembo brakes, 19" wheels, 275-40 run flats

2-1/2" stainless dual exhaust, independant rear suspension, 3.23 gears

Real brake ducts

Built in Michigan by Michiginonions?

The air intake and throttle body are actually on the BACK of the engine. An oil change takes 9 quarts of Mobil1.

4 different traction/stability modes, launch control, and manu-matic shifting on the 6 speed.

#20 · (Edited)

14" Brembos in the front with 255-45-18 run flats

Fiberglass Hood and killer radiator

Real wood, ALL of the doors, dash, console, are leather covered by same crew that does Maybach interiors.

Navigation, 6-speed, memory stuff, and NO KEYS!

MP3 player has turned out to be pretty cool, XM also. 15 speaker Bose system.

Boost set at 12lbs. Dsiplay switches to show tire pressures, oil pressure and temp, trans temp, mileage and trip info.

#22 ·

Looks great.

I'd get out my wrench, ASAP, and take all that plastic covering crap off the engine bay though. That's got to hold a LOT of heat.

-Chris

#23 ·

I bought my platinum STS-V on Tuesday. Went to get my oil changed in my Escalade ESV on Friday, test drove a black STS-V. Took it up to 115mph quickly on the test drive racing a new Jaguar convertible and it was all over after that. Great handling and acceleration for an American sedan.

#24 ·

Boy the black ones look mighty pretty!!!

Looks like you washed it with Dawn dishwashing soap. Then claybar'd the car with a fresh mixture of water and Dawn. Rinsed & dried using a clean new yard blower, and then put a layer of Zaino Z1, let it dry for half an hour and then put a few final coats of Zaino Z2 on it, allowing 12 hours between coats. You then probably bought a California duster and dust it off every morning ;)

I've done that, no better shine on the planet. The STS-V is looking good :)

Peter

#25 ·

Peter,

For a second I thought you may have been watching me from across the street or something.

You were spot on up to the clay bar phase. I was amazed how much trash there was on a new car.

I actually went straight to the Zaino Z-2 with the ZFX activator mixed in. 2 coats of that and finished off with the Z-8 spray.