Tell us about your STS-V! - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Tell us about your STS-V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey All, Just got my 2007 STS-V with 45K miles last week, it was a replacement for a Jaguar STR ...
    Vampyre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V Black over Black!

Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

Hey All,
    Just got my 2007 STS-V with 45K miles last week, it was a replacement for a Jaguar STR that got rear ended.

Love this STS-V, and have not looked back!

Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Nice! Anymore pictures?

What do you think of the Jag as compared to this? I always wanted to see some XJR or XFR comparisons but have been afraid to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyre View Post
    Hey All,
    Just got my 2007 STS-V with 45K miles last week, it was a replacement for a Jaguar STR that got rear ended.

Love this STS-V, and have not looked back!

Vampyre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V Black over Black!

well my Jaguar was a 2005 Jaguar S-Type R, with 400HP supercharged 4.2 liter, brembo brakes, nav, etc etc. I loved it, it was a great car, it was rare and it was fast, but compared to the 2007
    STS-V, I would take the STS-V over the Jaguar, a few reasons, I like the larger trunk, I like the larger back seats, I like the Nav system better, and the ride is a little firmer, which I like.
    Power also goes to the STS-V but not by much.

The Jaguar was great , but the STS-V is just better. Jaguar had a Cats systems for "Computer Active Technology Suspension", this controls the up and down movement of the wheel and can
    limit and/or remove body roll, vs the STS-V's stabilitrak system. Both cars braked very well as both have brembo brakes. Interiors are both very nice, with the STS-V being slightly larger inside.

But I would take either car if I did not have the choice, given a choice I would get the STS-V

What I love about the STS-V, the power and sound of a V8, it is just amazing!
    I am getting about 17.5 to 18.3 to work and back that is mixed highway and city, but I will state, I am gliding as much as possible to pull these numbers, I see a street light and know I am not
    going to make it and I just left of the throttle and watch as this girl just keeps moving ... so I guess you could say I am hyper-mile'ing her.. LOL
    Style of the STS-V is just amazing, I want to tint the windows, but that will come late this year.
    Love the headlights and hood and grill work.

I'll get some better STS-V photos up once I get a chance to detail her this week.... It is a little dirty in these photos..

My Jag
    If this is the wrong thread to put the Jaguar photos, mods please move or delete them, as I am still new here.

A few more Jaguar STR photos. ( don't want to display them all in this thread )
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...R/IMGP3573.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...R/IMGP3622.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...R/IMGP3650.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...R/IMGP3667.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...R/IMGP3595.jpg
    Forgoten214 and Forgoten214 like this.

Wow! Thanks for the pictures and insight on both cars.

Both are very beautiful, I've been considering a 2006 XJR myself. But I'm also kinda afraid of it's repair bill I hear they have electrical issues. I don't know much about Jags but I know some of the older models were really small on the interior side of things. That's a pretty big deciding factor for me, I need to be comfortable while driving to really love a car. Im hoping to test drive a XJR pretty soon the ones I've found are not really local and I definitely want Black/Black. I love the hood mascot as well.

Frescy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Eldorado ETC

Hi

I am from switzerland, zurich!

I pick my Platinium with 15000 mls. is a 2010.

cheers from europe...

sandro

7541081734_65ebac1655_b.jpg
    7541080406_086bd12da7_b.jpg
    7541079040_47669f1028_b.jpg
    7541078574_0d53e2582c_b.jpg

FamofV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

I just picked up a Thunder gray, 2007 STS-V while vacationing in Vegas.
    I had never driven one before but knew that I had to have one. These cars are awesome. Power galore, luxurious and smooth.

After I got it home I detailed it. Here are some pics

I like the Grey. What's it like to drive so far?

I always wondered how these compared to the E55 AMG of same generation. Remarkably similar in terms of performance and price range.

Quote Originally Posted by FamofV View Post
    I just picked up a Thunder gray, 2007 STS-V while vacationing in Vegas.
    I had never driven one before but knew that I had to have one. These cars are awesome. Power galore, luxurious and smooth.

After I got it home I detailed it. Here are some pics

The car is a blast to drive. It feels big yet powerful. The ride is smooth and the brakes are fantastic. Its has some blind spots I'm still getting used to. Other than that, I feel like I'm driving in a personalized office given that it has an abundance of gadgets that can be taylored to your liking.

Nice, I like your saying "Personalized office".

I assume it has a lot of blind spots I haven't driven a STS or CTS from this generation yet myself. It does have a massive C Pillar.

The brakes are standard? I think they are in house Cadillac brakes if I'm not mistaken.

The car is a blast to drive. It feels big yet powerful. The ride is smooth and the brakes are fantastic. Its has some blind spots I'm still getting used to. Other than that, I feel like I'm driving in a personalized office given that it has an abundance of gadgets that can be taylored to your liking.

STS-v's come with Brembo brakes.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if they were or not.

STS-v's come with Brembo brakes.

m1jones is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Another new guy here! Been trying to join the forums for months now but was having registration issues that never got resolved.

Bought my 07 in April with 50k on it. I work in a pre-owned dealer in Massachusetts and we stole this car on a trade and there was no way I was gonna let it pass me by. Can you believe someone traded this car in for an 05 GTO with an Automatic transmission??? I absolutely love this car. The only thing that could make me love it more is if it was black. This is the only car I've ever owned that wasn't. I have the Spectre intake and Euro tails, it's tinted 15% all around , not much else planned except for a Magnaflow setup and a tune. I'm also thinking of painting the roof black. It's in amazing condition inside and out I couldn't ask for any better

Anyways glad to be here. Hope to learn a lot more about this awesome machine!
    Attached Images
    Forgoten214 and Forgoten214 like this.

Beautiful, welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by m1jones View Post
    Another new guy here! Been trying to join the forums for months now but was having registration issues that never got resolved.

Bought my 07 in April with 50k on it. I work in a pre-owned dealer in Massachusetts and we stole this car on a trade and there was no way I was gonna let it pass me by. Can you believe someone traded this car in for an 05 GTO with an Automatic transmission??? I absolutely love this car. The only thing that could make me love it more is if it was black. This is the only car I've ever owned that wasn't. I have the Spectre intake and Euro tails, it's tinted 15% all around , not much else planned except for a Magnaflow setup and a tune. I'm also thinking of painting the roof black. It's in amazing condition inside and out I couldn't ask for any better

Anyways glad to be here. Hope to learn a lot more about this awesome machine!

ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V

New one here! Picked up a Silver 07 with 63k on it from Lake Havasu City Arizona. The car is in near perfect condition. It came with the Euro tails and two sets of keys! I got an extended warranty and everything i wanted! I am planning on an intake and cat-back with this car and thats it. I spent way to much time and money on my GTO and was petrified it wouldn't be taken in as trade due to its lack of cats. (They didn't ask, i didn't tell.)

FourFather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Hi, All,

I'm a recovering Top Fuel driver, and recently bought this Silver '06 STS-V from a fellow Texan, and am absolutely loving it!

It has some sportier stablemates,

but the STS-V is a wonderful daily driver!

Thanks for looking!

Eddie
    AriGold., AriGold. and SuperCPA like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.