Tell us about your STS-V! - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Tell us about your STS-V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So I had hoped to post different images of my new to me 2008 sts v but apparently the deer ...
    bigburban is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sts-v 2008
    So I had hoped to post different images of my new to me 2008 sts v but apparently the deer in the middle of road at 2 am had different ideas. Goes in to the body shop on Monday. I'm bummed, had it just over a week and only driven it a few times.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

ill buy the wheels!

Supercharger Whine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIyTtuL_tc (watch in HD)

rakoom2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    Supercharger Whine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIyTtuL_tc (watch in HD)
    Hey man is your badass supercharger whine attributed to your ZZP Smaller 2.55" Upper Pulley upgrade?

that would be correct. that and the intake and exhaust.

rakoom2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

that would be correct. that and the intake and exhaust.
    Nice, Sounds F'ing amazing!! The supercharger whine was one of my top reasons for buying the V (next to the power and looks of course), lol.
    550HP STSV and 550HP STSV like this.

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

2006 STS-V spectre stage 1 and 2 intake Asanti 3 piece 20' wheels 2 JL audio W3 500/1 so far...

rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V

I own a 2008 STS-V which is garaged in Rome, no not Rome NY but the real Rome - the one in Italy. It is probably one of only 2 or 3 in all of Italy a country of 60 million with the world's best food and among the best roads in the world. It is a joy to drive this car at the speeds at which it was intended. I love taking it out on the autostada and maxing it at its speed limited 250 km/h (155 mph). The most aggressive drivers in Italy all appear to drive Audis and there is nothing more enjoyable than running up their backside and seeing the look on their faces because they do not understand what is behind them - once they move over (usually at speeds above 200 km/h (120 mph)) sweat breaks out on their upper lips as they try to keep up. Any problems? Well yes, at speed this car guzzles and I find myself stopping for gas every two hours - GM - make your cars with 80-liter gas tanks please (>20 gallons). Please contact me if I can give you any more information about driving Cadillacs in Europe.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

.... ? .

Clean up on aisle three!!!!
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Forgoten214 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Sedan DeVille

Sorry everyone for hijacking this thread and for the distasteful comments that has been made in the last few posts. I hope the mods will see them and delete them accordingly.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Forgoten214 View Post
    Sorry everyone for hijacking this thread and for the distasteful comments that has been made in the last few posts. I hope the mods will see them and delete them accordingly.
    DONE!

Off topic posts are sometimes tolerated, but let this serve as a warning. Infractions will follow. We all agreed to the forum rules when we signed up.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Alright.

Thank you. I'm sorry once again.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    DONE!

Off topic posts are sometimes tolerated, but let this serve as a warning. Infractions will follow. We all agreed to the forum rules when we signed up.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

A continuation of the Rome adventure... sorry it has taken me a few days to respond. I actually do not own a house or apartment in Rome. I live in the UK and Rome is only a two hour flight away. I keep the car in a friend's garage - he owns 150 cars - mostly GM vehicles from the 20s through the noughties. I am looking to buy a CTS-V - I agree that dynamically it is the better car but when I bought my STS-V if I remember correctly the CTS-V was not yet available. My Roman friend has a CTS-V and I have gotten it up to its European-restricted top speed of 304 km/h (188 mph) on one of the highways leading into Rome ("all roads lead to Rome"). This summer we are going to take both the STS-V and the CTS-V to Germany and meet up with some BMW M5 owners for a showdown. There are some lightly travelled highways in Southern Germany that are propitious grounds for high-speed travel - but on the weekends and early in the morning. BTW, if the bug grabs you it is very easy to ship your Cadillac over for a few weeks of European driving - approximately $2k for the shipping plus your own flight. I can promise you the adventure of a lifetime.

I have a question.........How come you guys don't drive Italian cars? Like let's say Ferraris or Lamborghinis. I think if I lived in Rome or near Rome that's what I'd be driving. lol.

Well if I could afford the trip I'd go.

Quote Originally Posted by rodinoma View Post
    A continuation of the Rome adventure... sorry it has taken me a few days to respond. I actually do not own a house or apartment in Rome. I live in the UK and Rome is only a two hour flight away. I keep the car in a friend's garage - he owns 150 cars - mostly GM vehicles from the 20s through the noughties. I am looking to buy a CTS-V - I agree that dynamically it is the better car but when I bought my STS-V if I remember correctly the CTS-V was not yet available. My Roman friend has a CTS-V and I have gotten it up to its European-restricted top speed of 304 km/h (188 mph) on one of the highways leading into Rome ("all roads lead to Rome"). This summer we are going to take both the STS-V and the CTS-V to Germany and meet up with some BMW M5 owners for a showdown. There are some lightly travelled highways in Southern Germany that are propitious grounds for high-speed travel - but on the weekends and early in the morning. BTW, if the bug grabs you it is very easy to ship your Cadillac over for a few weeks of European driving - approximately $2k for the shipping plus your own flight. I can promise you the adventure of a lifetime.

Well you make a very good point but since my friend is Italian and I, although born in Detroit, grew up in Italy we have never been impressed with Maserati, Ferrari and Lamborghini. Firstly, they are all very unreliable and high-maintenance and secondly and most importantly they are driven by people that you would not want to associate with. These cars, and especially Ferrari and Lamborghini do not have a good reputation in Italy and are extremely rare. You can drive the length and the breadth of the boot without ever seeing a Ferrari. It is for the same reason that any elegant man would not be caught dead in a suit made by Armani - in Italy it is just not cool. Ferraris are for people with more money than sense in the Middle East, China and the USA. The most aspirational car brands for Italians are Audis on the sedan and station wagon side and Porsche on the sports car side. Cadillac is, judging from the reactions I always get, the coolest brand in Italy - unfortunately there are just not that many Cadillacs in circulation. But that is a marketing and pricing problem that Cadillac can and needs to resolve.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.