Tell us about your STS-V! - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Tell us about your STS-V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello Harry - long time since we last communicated. Thats funny because I just bought a 2009 XLR and like ...
    rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V

Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

Hello Harry - long time since we last communicated. Thats funny because I just bought a 2009 XLR and like you I want to get the CTS-V, but I am keeping my STS-V. I love it too much.

rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V

Hello Harry - good to hear from you again. I just bought an 09 XLR and am looking forward to buying a CTS-V but I will be keeping my STS-V. You are right about the gas tank though. At the speeds we drive the tank empties after 90 mins! Since Cadillac withdrew from the European market (temporarily) where are you getting the Euro homologated CTS-V? The distributor went bust.

06 Mallet V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V Mallet (#5 of 5)

Thumbs up Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

I'm new to the forum, but a have been a STS-V owner since June. Love every bit of it!!! I have #5 of 5 of a STS-V that Mallet Motor Sports (Berea, OH) got their hands on and it is now 505 horse! WOW the heads really turn in this car.

harrysstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS V and 2012 CTS V Sedan BD Corsa

Quote Originally Posted by 06 Mallet V View Post
    I'm new to the forum, but a have been a STS-V owner since June. Love every bit of it!!! I have #5 of 5 of a STS-V that Mallet Motor Sports (Berea, OH) got their hands on and it is now 505 horse! WOW the heads really turn in this car.
    Welcome here
    You can`t believe what kind a head-turner this car is here in Germany. Next month I have it for two years and still love it like day 1 when I bought it.

Too bad, right now we have about 10 inch of snow and temp. around 10 - 25°so my two Cadillac`s have to stay in the garage - but no problems with my wifes Chevy SUV AWD at this weather condition.

My V is black/black hope to get seeing some pics of yours!

Harry

Red Snake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V

Just bought a "NEW" 2008 STS V. Light Platinum in color with Ebony interior.

Car was supposedly demo driven by the dealership owner for 3900 miles and untitled. Obviously bone stock. Got a great deal on it. So far I'm lovin it. Here's a few pics.

STS-VRider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts-v 2002 sts

New to this forum.
    Love my V a lot.
    Great car. Light platinum, ebony interior. Some pics will folow soon.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Quote Originally Posted by STS-VRider View Post
    New to this forum.
    Love my V a lot.
    Great car. Light platinum, ebony interior. Some pics will folow soon.
    Welcome. Lots of good people and good info here.

ozmt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I just purchased mine, sight unseen, from Chicago. 2008, black/black. Vin decoder says it's the only 1 of 459 like it. 1 of only 6 without the sunroof. I'm not a big sunroof fan, especially in the heat of Las Vegas.
    I suppose some of you are wondering why buy an expensive car sight unseen? I had a 3rd party drop by and take a look. I also have the car fax and the vis (i think it's called) from my local dealer and a gmpp extended warranty.
    The price was good enough that i can get out of it pretty easy if i'm not happy with it. After just selling my 04 black/black cts-v, i am really missing the hp. Now i've just got to wait for the transport truck to get here in a week.
    Wish me luck and if you're in Las Vegas or SoCal, look for the black V without a sunroof.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I am here in Orange County CA. I would notice any STS-V on the road since I haven't seen one yet since I got mine last August.

Bob

nsaness is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)

Just picked up a black 2008. I drove 400 miles each way to pick it up, but I am lovin it! Great car!
    Attached Images

Big_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts v

New to the forum, new to Cadillacs.
    Just got an 07 black on black sts-v, 19k miles.
    Have been digging through these forums for a few days now, lots of great info...
    Any important Posts I should know about ?
    cheers

timinfla2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS - V

I bought a 2007 with 31K on the clock this afternoon at Bob Steele Chevrolet here in Cocoa, FL. It's Silver with a Black interior (attached a camera phone pic).

I bought the extended warranty which gets me 5 years from today and 75,000 miles - on a V which I plan on driving pretty aggressively, $3K for the warranty doesn't seem too bad.

I shopped EVERYWHERE for this car and I got some good comps from other dealers across the nation but they were 3 or 4 owner cars, or had been in accidents, etc.

This is a 1 owner, clean carfax, and it's in BEAUTIFUL condition. I plan on getting the windows tinted (legal here in FL) and probably get the headrest DVD's so my kids are entertained - that is the most important thing for a parent on a road trip :-)

I plan on driving this until the wheels fall off. I previously owned a 300C SRT8 and I missed the hell out of that horsepower, so I'm trilled to be back in the game with a 400+ HP car.

I look forward to learning more about the car as I get more familiar with it and I appreciate much of the advice that I have found on here already. This has already proven to be a very informative site.

-Tim
    Attached Images

kbf250 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V

I got my 06 Black on Black 10 months ago. I love the car. Two weeks after I got it, I took my wife to Vegas in it.
    While cruising the strip my wife had an interesting comment about my car: She said
    "I can tell this is a MAN'S car because everytime we stop at a light, all the men on the street look at your car and then they look at who's driving and not one of them looks at me!"
    I said get used to it because they all wish they had this car.
    GizmoQ and GizmoQ like this.

kbf250 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V

Hey jedhead, I got mine last July and I also have not seen another STS-V on the roads fo Orange County. I'm in Santa Ana.

kbf250

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

Haha, love your wife's comment

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.