Tell us about your STS-V! - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Tell us about your STS-V! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by inurok ^ WoW!!! That car sounds amazing!! Post some pics when you can.. Even better, he has ...
    freshchops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '06 STS-V, Blk/Blk

Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

Quote Originally Posted by inurok View Post
    ^ WoW!!! That car sounds amazing!! Post some pics when you can..
    Even better, he has a walk around vid on YouTube. It is WOW indeed!

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

I think he's referring us this video...

never mind, beat me to the utoob post.

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I just picked up my 2006 STS-V a couple weeks ago in Carlsbad. Since then I put 2000 miles on the car so you can say I enjoy driving the car. Last Saturday I drove the STS-V on CA58 from Buttonwillow to US101 and back. A great drive. The car is silver with grey interior.

Bob

Some pics.

Bob

freshchops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '06 STS-V, Blk/Blk

^^^ jedhead:

Silver Bullet!

Quote Originally Posted by freshchops View Post
    ^^^ jedhead:

Silver Bullet!
    I was initially looking for grey, but I love the silver. The chrome stuff doesn't overpower the silver color.

Bob

Tags63 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond

Talking Re: Tell us about your STS-V!

Hey!!! Good Luck with the new ride!!!! I just picked up the same one 2006 silver/grey Certified with 22k miles on her. I bought it last Friday flew in to pick it up on Monday now drove south for road trip & visit some friends before I head back to LI, NY. I already had the windows tinted all around including the front windshield. It really looks awesome now. Got my weather tech stuff ordered so it'll be there when I get back. I'll post pictures when I get back north.

Paul

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tags63 View Post
    Hey!!! Good Luck with the new ride!!!! I just picked up the same one 2006 silver/grey Certified with 22k miles on her. I bought it last Friday flew in to pick it up on Monday now drove south for road trip & visit some friends before I head back to LI, NY. I already had the windows tinted all around including the front windshield. It really looks awesome now. Got my weather tech stuff ordered so it'll be there when I get back. I'll post pictures when I get back north.

Paul
    Wow! You're driving from California to Long Island? I thought I drove my V home a long way when I went from Dallas, TX to Raleigh, NC!

Now THAT's a proper trip for a great road car! Enjoy your trip!

Tags63 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond

Hey!!

Maybe you got me confused with someone else?? I flew into NC drove south to GA & FL then heading back to NY. I'll put about 2k miles on the car before I get back home to my NY house.

Paul

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tags63 View Post
    Hey!!

Maybe you got me confused with someone else?? I flew into NC drove south to GA & FL then heading back to NY. I'll put about 2k miles on the car before I get back home to my NY house.

Paul
    LOL! I did. I mixed up posts between you and jedhead who had picked up silver STS-V in Carlsbad, CA. That's what I get for trying to read the forum at work while doing about 10 other things at the same time!

Where in NC did you buy your V? You didn't happen to buy the Silver one with gray interior from Hendrick Cadillac in Cary, NC, did you?

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I just picked up my V last night from Superior Cadillac in KC, MO. She is Black on Black and chromed factory wheels with 29k on the clock. It was a 1 owner and he was in his 70's. Superior sold it to him and performed all the service on it. His wife made him sell it because she thought it was too much car for him. He traded it for a DTS. Certified so I get the warranty. The salesman has been working with me for almost a year. He called last Friday and said "Good things come to those who wait". I didn't even know who it was at first. Then he told me he had just traded for the V 10 minutes before he called and asked if I was interested. I told him I would be there Saturday morning. My wife and I drove her and it was the first V my wife even liked (we had driven 5). We signed the deal Saturday and picked her up last night. I have waited to own one of these since I first saw one and can say I LOVE IT!! I look forward to being an active member of this forum and share my knowledge of tuning and mods.

rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V

I own a 2008 STS-V - the color is Thundergray, the interior is ebony and the wheels are not chromed - and I have no sunroof. The sunroof decreases the torsional rigidity and at highway speeds of between 120-155 mph along the Ligurian coast every little bit helps. I didn't order the chromed wheels because the intense use of the Brembo brakes causes a lot of brake dust - which looks really cool on the painted wheels but much less so on the chromed wheels.

The car is amazing and the supercharged engine is an absolute joy. At highway speeds of between 100 and a 150 mph the gas tank empties too quickly. An 18-gallon gas tank is too small with a car with these capabilities.

harrysstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS V and 2012 CTS V Sedan BD Corsa

Quote Originally Posted by rodinoma View Post
    I own a 2008 STS-V - the color is Thundergray, the interior is ebony and the wheels are not chromed - and I have no sunroof. The sunroof decreases the torsional rigidity and at highway speeds of between 120-155 mph along the Ligurian coast every little bit helps. I didn't order the chromed wheels because the intense use of the Brembo brakes causes a lot of brake dust - which looks really cool on the painted wheels but much less so on the chromed wheels.

The car is amazing and the supercharged engine is an absolute joy. At highway speeds of between 100 and a 150 mph the gas tank empties too quickly. An 18-gallon gas tank is too small with a car with these capabilities.
    Hi Rodinoma,
    you are right, the gas tank should hold about 25 gallons ( 90 Liters ).

On speeds you talking about I get around 200 miles out of a full gas tank but on the other hand it`s such a great Autobahn runner.

I have an eye on a new CTS V, which now the first export models arrive here in Germany but I surely will keep my STS V and trade my XLR.

Harry

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

Quote Originally Posted by rodinoma View Post
    I didn't order the chromed wheels because the intense use of the Brembo brakes causes a lot of brake dust - which looks really cool on the painted wheels but much less so on the chromed wheels.

I dont know anyone that likes the look of brake dust on their rims of any color. Its an annoyance.

rodinoma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade; 2009 XLR; 2008 STS-V; 2013 CTS-V

Perhaps, but in Europe it is a sign of hard and fast driving, the purpose of a car like the STS-V. It illustrates to pedestrians and other drivers that you have driven you car hard, that you braked repeatedly from high speed, that you used your car as it was intended to be used.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.