Test Drive Impressions - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Test Drive Impressions in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Katshot Secondly, you're showing you have no clue about what goes on at a dealership. Believe me, ...
    silver12r is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Test Drive Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Secondly, you're showing you have no clue about what goes on at a dealership. Believe me, unless you are well connected, your car has been taken out for a thrashing before you ever step foot in it, especially if it's a high-profile car.
    I used to run a car dealership.

I never saw a car get thrashed before the new owner picked one up.

I also never lived in the ghetto, so 'high-profile' cars might get handled differently there. Thanks for the heads-up.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by silver12r
    I used to run a car dealership.
    What, Mayberry Chevy? Gimme a break.

I never saw a car get thrashed before the new owner picked one up.

I also never lived in the ghetto, so 'high-profile' cars might get handled differently there. Thanks for the heads-up.
    I can't believe you're so arrogant.

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV

Actually, I understand Ray's comment. It's not that the car DOESN'T accelerate hard, it doesn FEEL like it's accelerating hard. I've seen this very thing in many of the newer cars I've driven. They are so smooth and refined that they tend to be very deceptive with regard to speed and acceleration... My guess is that's the case with the STS-V.

EXACTLY!! Katshot said it perfectly here. We are talking about a Cadillac here boys. It is supposed to be smooth and refined, creating the deception of speed and power.

And the first poster was right... def not the same as a Grand Prix that happens to have 8 cylinders. (and for good reason )

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

I agree, new cars, especially luxury cars with automatic transmissions are so quite, smooth and refined... the only real indication of how fast you are going is the speedometer as well as stuff passing you by....

no major body lean from acceleration, loud engine/exhaust noise or feedback in general... it just goes.

one of the reasons why a car like m '79 DeVille... a 17.5s 1/4 mi. car can, and does seem so fast... that and the engine power band.... there is alot more to all this stuff then numbers alone...

silver12r is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I can't believe you're so arrogant.
    Me!?!?! Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house, ass.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Me!?!?! Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house, ass.
    Hey Jack, I'm not the one making remarks like:

"If you're driving a Pontiac GXP, who in the world gave you the keys to an STS-V??? Was it Joyride Chevrolet?"

"The idea of having every low-rent Tom, Dick and Harry..."

"I also never lived in the ghetto, so 'high-profile' cars might get handled differently there."

These are rather rude, condescending and arrogant statements made by YOU, and directed toward other member(s) here. You come off like a major snob. Don't try to make ME the bad guy here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.