Spectre intake question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChurchSTSV
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Spectre intake question in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Out of all those of you who have trimmed the engine panel to fit over the intake, can you post ...
    ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V

Spectre intake question

Out of all those of you who have trimmed the engine panel to fit over the intake, can you post a picture? I want to trim mine because it doesn't really fit anywhere in my garage.
    baller95 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Spectre intake question

Do a Google search for it I posted instructions and pics when we developed it. I even gave measurements of how much to cut. Shoot me your email addy. I am pretty sure I still have the pics with measurements.

PM Sent

Rboughne1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V: Spectre intake, Borla exhaust, TC headers, Tune

Are you cutting the driver side cover and front cover, or are you speaking of cutting the gray plastic shroud over the supercharger? If it is the supercharger shroud you're referring to, all that needs to be done is add spacers (washers) to the front pin and rear pins it rides on. Only takes a minute of fitting, and you can still get to the oil fill as if it were almost stock. For the short time I ran it on there for fitment, it did get a black wear line from the insulation under the hood. Then, up on the wall it went, good to go, with no cutting or fitment issues for the next guy someday...why trap more heat?

The driver side piece. While the main engine cover is pretty, it holds waaaaaaaaay too much heat.

Yup! Cut right down the driver side covers lower crease, and bevel the cut with a light grind afterwards. It'll saw through the lines running over the air box if you don't. I also noticed that soon after installation the rubber gasket on the top of the airbox at the curve tended to rise. Set it back in place to the curve exactly and you'll have more than enough room.

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

You don't have to modify any of the plastic engine covers to fit over the Spectre intake. Just the metal heat shield, I cut by trial and error. Couldn't have been more than 3/4" at the most. Once the heat shield was trimmed, fit the rubber molding back on, plastic beauty cover on, and enjoy!

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Quote Originally Posted by Jailtime View Post
    You don't have to modify any of the plastic engine covers to fit over the Spectre intake. Just the metal heat shield, I cut by trial and error. Couldn't have been more than 3/4" at the most. Once the heat shield was trimmed, fit the rubber molding back on, plastic beauty cover on, and enjoy!
    Ahhh, more than one way to skin a cat! I was hesitant to cut the box down because I wanted it to seal tight to both the cover and the hood (when closed), as the driver's side cover doesn't cover the whole box. You're right, he same seal could be achieved cutting the box, but I didn't have the patience. Once I determined that I could make my cuts in the plastic appear stock, the decision was made for me! Looks factory if you cut down the lower edge of the cover's longitudinal seam, and notch the cover in a "u" shape from the bottom to the top of the seam and back down again over the back edge of the airbox, as it tracks towards the inner fender, so that it rides tight on the rubber gasket.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jailtime View Post
    Out of curiosity, how did you get the front cover to fit flat over the nose of the stage 2 intake without cutting?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.