my new to me STS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, my new to me STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey guys, names Frank from toronto. Just picked up an STS-V with 69000 kms for $19.5. Car has 3 piece ...
    T.O STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

my new to me STS-V

Hey guys, names Frank from toronto. Just picked up an STS-V with 69000 kms for $19.5. Car has 3 piece asanti rims and borla exhaust. I've been looking for a nice low km stsv for a couple months but they are extremely hard to find near toronto. A few high km for sale but that wasn't what I was looking for. I'm going with, spectre 1 and 2 intake, timmy c upgraded heat exchanger for now. I'll be picking up pulley and injectors in the next few months. Going to have a local guy Give me a custom tune, just need to find someone I'm comfortable with. Let me know you thoughts and opinions, anyone know a tuner familiar with the sts-v in the toronto area? What problems should I be looking out for and how can I prevent them? Thanks guys.
    baller95 and sts454049 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: my new to me STS-V

Just figured out the photo upload feature, pictures attached. I pick her up on Wed.
    Attached Images
    Jailtime likes this.

baller95 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS, 07 STS-V & 06 ESV Platinum

Welcome to the forum man! Great car! Me and another guy on here (06WhiteDiamond) are from the GTA as well. We should meet up.

I have my Spectra stage 1 & 2 intake here just waiting to be installed. Other future mods are pretty much the same as what you have listed. I've had my car for a few months now and haven't had any problems but it doesn't look like these cars have much problems anyways.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by T.O STSV View Post
    Just figured out the photo upload feature, pictures attached. I pick her up on Wed.
    I knew it was going to be this one when you mentioned the color and rims. I've seen this on autotrader when I was looking for my car!

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    Welcome to the forum man! Great car! Me and another guy on here (06WhiteDiamond) are from the GTA as well. We should meet up.

I have my Spectra stage 1 & 2 intake here just waiting to be installed. Other future mods are pretty much the same as what you have listed. I've had my car for a few months now and haven't had any problems but it doesn't look like these cars have much problems anyways.

----------

I knew it was going to be this one when you mentioned the color and rims. I've seen this on autotrader when I was looking for my car!
    Sweet, I was hoping there would be some other GTA members. I've been looking forever and finally that clean low KM went up for sale. I would of loved the red/black interior but you just don't have the option in the used sts-v market. Seems like those mods are all the standard mods for these cars. Hopefully once all those are done it will be faster then my 2004 v6 grand prix lol (cartuning turbo kit, meth injection, bunch of other goodies). We should definetly meet up, I'd love to check out a couple more STS-Vs as I never see them around me. I live around Don mills and Lawrence.

Haha yeah I would have loved one with a red interior or an 08/09 but nothing good was available. I don't think I've seen another STS-V driving around ever! Have any dyno specs for your Grand Prix? Yeah I'm in Newmarket so not that far.

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    Haha yeah I would have loved one with a red interior or an 08/09 but nothing good was available. I don't think I've seen another STS-V driving around ever! Have any dyno specs for your Grand Prix? Yeah I'm in Newmarket so not that far.
    Car dynod 386 whp on 12 psi, drive it at 15 psi fairly often though. Really fun car but ZERO traction from a dig. It was my year long daily driver for almost 4 years, it will now be moved to winter only car. The 3.8 liter in the grand prix is super reliable. You don't hear of many people daily driving an aftermarket turbod motor for 4 years with no problems lol. I should add it made that power on stock cam and stock heads, they love boost lol.

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

I usually don't like aftermarket wheels, but those look sweet on that car. Those Borla exhaust tips look nice too.

Rboughne1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V: Spectre intake, Borla exhaust, TC Headers, Tune

Man I'd LOVE to put a pulley and injectors on mine, but I've got a two year warranty that installation will void. Once I'm over 2 years or 24k miles, I'm crushing this motor with everything, including the kitchen sink!
    baller95 likes this.

Car dynod 386 whp on 12 psi, drive it at 15 psi fairly often though. Really fun car but ZERO traction from a dig. It was my year long daily driver for almost 4 years, it will now be moved to winter only car. The 3.8 liter in the grand prix is super reliable. You don't hear of many people daily driving an aftermarket turbod motor for 4 years with no problems lol. I should add it made that power on stock cam and stock heads, they love boost lol.
    Yeah those are good number but the V won't dissapoint.

06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V

Sweet, I was hoping there would be some other GTA members. I've been looking forever and finally that clean low KM went up for sale. I would of loved the red/black interior but you just don't have the option in the used sts-v market. Seems like those mods are all the standard mods for these cars. Hopefully once all those are done it will be faster then my 2004 v6 grand prix lol (cartuning turbo kit, meth injection, bunch of other goodies). We should definetly meet up, I'd love to check out a couple more STS-Vs as I never see them around me. I live around Don mills and Lawrence.
    Sweet dude I'm not too far from you! Black 2007 sts-v I bought about 5 months ago with 52,000km. She's a little rough around edges as she was an undercover police vehicle but she's my daily driver so I don't care. I didn't buy this car to be a garage queen. Would love to meet up with you and Jay sometime! That guys been trying to sell that V for two years now. Last year it still had the extended warranty.

FYI I also came from a W body and since you are located in Toronto I bet you are a member of OQCGP. I have a 99 regal that was also modded but is now my winter beater. Sweet ride dude and great price!
    baller95 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteDiamond View Post
    Sweet dude I'm not too far from you! Black 2007 sts-v I bought about 5 months ago with 52,000km. She's a little rough around edges as she was an undercover police vehicle but she's my daily driver so I don't care. I didn't buy this car to be a garage queen. Would love to meet up with you and Jay sometime! That guys been trying to sell that V for two years now. Last year it still had the extended warranty.

FYI I also came from a W body and since you are located in Toronto I bet you are a member of OQCGP. I have a 99 regal that was also modded but is now my winter beater. Sweet ride dude and great price!
    OQCGP decals on both my rear windows lol. My car was custom tuned by will (overkill performance). The turbo prix loves the winter anyway so I figured it keep it and drive it in the winter to keep the kms down on the V. I am for sure down to meet up. We should set something up, maybe all go to a show. Not very often people see 3 sts-vs together lol.

----------

Oh and I tried getting this STS-V about a month ago but he wouldn't go below 21.5k. Bugged him a couple times over the past month and it seems like he just got tired of sitting on it. Then he wanted 19 no rims and 20 with rims, I got him down to 19.5 with rims. They are 3 piece rims and I'm sure around 4k for the set, I wanted them lol.
    baller95 likes this.

06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V

OQCGP decals on both my rear windows lol. My car was custom tuned by will (overkill performance). The turbo prix loves the winter anyway so I figured it keep it and drive it in the winter to keep the kms down on the V. I am for sure down to meet up. We should set something up, maybe all go to a show. Not very often people see 3 sts-vs together lol.

----------

Oh and I tried getting this STS-V about a month ago but he wouldn't go below 21.5k. Bugged him a couple times over the past month and it seems like he just got tired of sitting on it. Then he wanted 19 no rims and 20 with rims, I got him down to 19.5 with rims. They are 3 piece rims and I'm sure around 4k for the set, I wanted them lol.
    I figured Will from overkill tuned you're grand prix since he also tuned my regal. STS-V seems to be the natural upgrade from the 3.8 SC. I actually used to live at donmills and Lawrence for a few years, it's always nice to see members in such close proximity. While lurking these forums for the past two years of rarely if ever came across a member from Toronto, as soon as I bought my V member started showing up! Three V's together is rarer than a solar eclipse!
    baller95 likes this.

Haha many years ago I lived in the Steels and McCowan area but I'm always down in that area in general. The three V's sound like a dope idea.

raiders4u2nv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V Silver/ 2007 Escalade Silver/ 94 Corvette vert

Welcome! Nice looking ride. I just put on the Borla exhaust system also but your rear looks different, does it have a different ground effect? Do you have others pics?

Here is mine.

STS V Borla 3.jpg
    baller95 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by raiders4u2nv View Post
    Welcome! Nice looking ride. I just put on the Borla exhaust system also but your rear looks different, does it have a different ground effect? Do you have others pics?

Here is mine.

Attachment 245962
    I love the borla, nice low rumble. Your back end does look a little different. I'll take some pics today of the back end.
    baller95 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.