tuned by fasterproms.net
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, tuned by fasterproms.net in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I spent last Monday with Jeremy Formato from fasterproms.net and it was an awesome experience. The difference in the performance ...
    OperatorRageous is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

tuned by fasterproms.net

I spent last Monday with Jeremy Formato from fasterproms.net and it was an awesome experience. The difference in the performance of the V is night and day.

It was time and money well spent.
    baller95 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2007blackbty is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts-v

Re: tuned by fasterproms.net

Results
    baller95 likes this.

OperatorRageous is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

I'll get a fresh dyno pull here in the near future and post the numbers. We had to gtfo the dyno and street tune it.

Edward C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2005 Pontiac GTO, 2006 Lincoln Zephyr

I had Jeremy tune by GTO a few years ago. He really is the best GM tuner I've ever encountered.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Him and james short (shortuning in ky) are the best in the nation.

shawnsin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

I am looking for a good tuner in Florida for the V , Anyone have any ideas or experiences ?

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Yea try fasterproms.net

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    Can I get some schooling on the tune situation real quick so say I buy Tim's lower and injectors so then I have to tune it now is a tune something I can do myself like basically just plug and push a few buttons the right way or will I have to take my car to the only shop in town with a dyno and have them put their own tune on it?
    baller95 likes this.

baller95 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS, 07 STS-V & 06 ESV Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cadi509 View Post
    Can I get some schooling on the tune situation real quick so say I buy Tim's lower and injectors so then I have to tune it now is a tune something I can do myself like basically just plug and push a few buttons the right way or will I have to take my car to the only shop in town with a dyno and have them put their own tune on it?
    Good question. I also have no idea what is done during a tune.

Grocery Getter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS v

If you dont mind me asking how much did you get charged?

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

You could get a mail order tune from someone like Wait4Me who will send you a handheld. Your best option is to take the car to a place to let them do it specific to your car, however.

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    Gotcha yea that's what I figured

Rboughne1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V: Spectre intake, Borla exhaust, TC Headers, Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Fierofiend View Post
    You could get a mail order tune from someone like Wait4Me who will send you a handheld. Your best option is to take the car to a place to let them do it specific to your car, however.
    I'm doing vector motorsports tune bc I don't have a tuner nearby. They make a plug for your laptop to the obdII port and provide the software. Do your mods, run the car, download the reading, email it to them. They email back an engine & trans tune based upon how your vehicle is running per the diagnostics sent with the mods installed. You can save the factory engine and trans programs to revert it back to stock for dealer visits if you're still under warranty. They also offer free upgrades as you continue to mod the vehicle, just send them the email with the cars new diagnostics, tell them what mods have been done, and they'll adjust the tune, and email it back for uploading through the obdII. I went this route because my mods are light (all breathing-exhaust, headers, intake), I have a warranty, and I cannot at this time drive to another state to dyno. Vector said that they would rather have the car at their shop to individualize the tune to get the most out of it, but I just cannot do that right now. I imagine the ability to revert between settings would also be useful for those with Tim's interchangeable pulley. Just upload the correct program compatible with the pulley. I know that there are guys on here that are greatwith hp tuner, but I'm just not that good with digital computer engine management setups.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Why you not get Jeremy from fasterproms.net to do your tune your not that far from Gettysburg pa.
    FYI it's not a good idea to go run your car hard after mods to get a reading of the computer that's how you run lean and blow up your 15k 4.4l engine. My car barely even ran well enough to make it to the dyno after the intake I had. And Timmy's is way biger. I would call Jeremy he comes back in October to pa. He tunes every thing I drive. My Tahoe,esclade,c5,and Stsv.. And past cars turbo z28,old Stsv,, and the corvette at I keep modding it gets a new tune every year just it good and safe 175 shot of spray can Go wrong real fast on a stock bottom end 89k miles ls1. But 5 years with that car and still runing 10,s on street tiresso he's doing some thing right.

Rboughne1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V: Spectre intake, Borla exhaust, TC Headers, Tune

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    Why you not get Jeremy from fasterproms.net to do your tune your not that far from Gettysburg pa.
    FYI it's not a good idea to go run your car hard after mods to get a reading of the computer that's how you run lean and blow up your 15k 4.4l engine. My car barely even ran well enough to make it to the dyno after the intake I had. And Timmy's is way biger. I would call Jeremy he comes back in October to pa. He tunes every thing I drive. My Tahoe,esclade,c5,and Stsv.. And past cars turbo z28,old Stsv,, and the corvette at I keep modding it gets a new tune every year just it good and safe 175 shot of spray can Go wrong real fast on a stock bottom end 89k miles ls1. But 5 years with that car and still runing 10,s on street tiresso he's doing some thing right.
    I just emailed him for availability. Awaiting response. Didn't realize he came out this far.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.