Supercharger coolant tubes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Supercharger coolant tubes in Cadillac V-Series Forums; so just kind of curious seem to have some high ass iat's seems like i remember somebody on here posting ...
    theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

Supercharger coolant tubes

so just kind of curious seem to have some high ass iat's seems like i remember somebody on here posting about pulling cooler charge tubes out supercharger lid and having a bunch of gunk on theirs. just was curious maybe thinking mine could be clogged causing the iat's to be so high in the car, have tim c's heat exchanger and bled the system a few times static and using tech 2 to command the pump on manually. thinking may be a air pocket in it just wondering if anybody had ever pulled the tubes out of their supercharger lid due to problem with them being clogged?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

re: Supercharger coolant tubes

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguyssn View Post
    so just kind of curious seem to have some high ass iat's seems like i remember somebody on here posting about pulling cooler charge tubes out supercharger lid and having a bunch of gunk on theirs. just was curious maybe thinking mine could be clogged causing the iat's to be so high in the car, have tim c's heat exchanger and bled the system a few times static and using tech 2 to command the pump on manually. thinking may be a air pocket in it just wondering if anybody had ever pulled the tubes out of their supercharger lid due to problem with them being clogged?
    Never seen one clogged.

The best way to fill my heat exchanger is from the top hose that attaches to it. You need to do this before reinstalling the bumper cover. Just fill it from that hose till water comes out, then connect it to the top nipple on the exchanger. If you didn't do it that way there is a chance that there is a huge air pocket in the exchanger itself.

How much water did you put back in?

It's got about gallon and a half back in the whole system so far I drained and refilled it trying to get some of the dexcool out putting distilled water back in.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Try to pop the cover off the s/c to see if you have coolant. There is a small, square cover on the firewall end of the s/c. I was able to open mine to top off the coolant and put it back on with no issues. Others have complained about it no sealing back up though...

so was just curious its about 50 degrees tonight get home from cruising around been keeping attention on how cool top of supercharger is after been driving seems to be good and cool was kind of running it hard tonight got home front of charger is cool further back you go hotter it gets i realize over the engine but just curious gm has a service procedure for replacing the charger cooling tubes really curious to take mine apart and see if they are gunked up always have had a problem with iat's being high in the car just curious of those cooling tube are clogged up i cant find it for life of me but i swear i remember seeing a vid or thread about somebodies being all gunked up when they removed the tubes? may see how much a new set with the seals in just wondering if anybody has had theirs removed

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon

The intercooler tubes can clogge from oil blow by how many miles are on your car?

100k and coolant pump was broke when I bought car with 80k on it so no telling how long it ran without the coolant pump working

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    My pump failed and the heat destroyed my blower. Lol. Turn car on and check fill tube. That will tell you if air pocket. There should be coolant moving nonstop on the fill tube. If not you can put in overflow and it'll suck it in.

boomys10 did you end up replacing your blower saw you can get a whole new one off ebay factory sealed for 630 shipped. tried to get seals so could pull cooling tubes out since service information gives a procedure to remove and replace them but you cant get all seals and o-rings that si says you need without buying whole charger through gm. tempted to buy new charger I fill the coolant reservoir up but just doesn't seem to flow very well when I command coolant pump on why kind of thinking the tubes maybe be restricted inside it but hell idk

It's very doubtful that you have laminova cores that are clogged on the water side. You can remove the cores without replacing the o rings every time if you want to check.

What is your average IAT2 temp and what is the ambient air?

if your temps are above 160-170 your pump is likely failing. they do go bad. i would replace the pump with a jabsco and start there honestly. i did not replace the blower. i luckily have some very good guys in stl for tuning, computer stuff, fab work and or course rebuilding/porting of blowers. i had him go in and rebuild it. the blower is pretty solid now.

That's a good point. 160-170 is higher than what you will generally see with a 2.4" pulley car at the end of a 3rd gear pull. Lower pulley cars get that hot on a pretty regular basis.

Lower pulley cars cruise around 60 degrees over ambient. It's the nature of the beast with this supercharger.

ahhh ok well just cruising my iats were like 20 to 30 degrees over ambient it was like 50 out they were reading like 75 or so when i was logging the car just brought scan tool home tonight cycled the cac pump on and off several times too didn't really drop any in the coolant reservoir and charger is full of coolant too. so i guess its about average then since i have the lower pulley on mine. just did a 2nd gear pulley on hwy other night soon as went into 3rd sounded like charger was like bogging or pulling power but it was like 40 out sat night here i let out of it so not sure scared me lol. could have been loosing traction idk didn't look down but car was still pulling just felt like it pulled lot of power out. im installing bap pump this week and me and buddy are going to log sat hopefully. tim i'll be in touch i appreciate the help guys!!

IAT1 or IAT2?

Not to be a jerk, but is the shift key on your computer broken?

If its 40 out your car shouldn't pull timing. Maybe you got crap gas? The 20-30 above doesn't sound bad. I'd think something else is up if your only 20-30 above ambient but pulling timing

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.