supercharge coolant tubes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, supercharge coolant tubes in Cadillac V-Series Forums; so just kind of curious seem to have some high ass iat's seems like i remember somebody on here posting ...
    theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

supercharge coolant tubes

so just kind of curious seem to have some high ass iat's seems like i remember somebody on here posting about pulling cooler charge tubes out supercharger lid and having a bunch of gunk on theirs. just was curious maybe thinking mine could be clogged causing the iat's to be so high in the car, have tim c's heat exchanger and bled the system a few times static and using tech 2 to command the pump on manually. thinking may be a air pocket in it just wondering if anybody had ever pulled the tubes out of their supercharger lid due to problem with them being clogged?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: supercharge coolant tubes

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguyssn View Post
    so just kind of curious seem to have some high ass iat's seems like i remember somebody on here posting about pulling cooler charge tubes out supercharger lid and having a bunch of gunk on theirs. just was curious maybe thinking mine could be clogged causing the iat's to be so high in the car, have tim c's heat exchanger and bled the system a few times static and using tech 2 to command the pump on manually. thinking may be a air pocket in it just wondering if anybody had ever pulled the tubes out of their supercharger lid due to problem with them being clogged?
    Never seen one clogged.

The best way to fill my heat exchanger is from the top hose that attaches to it. You need to do this before reinstalling the bumper cover. Just fill it from that hose till water comes out, then connect it to the top nipple on the exchanger. If you didn't do it that way there is a chance that there is a huge air pocket in the exchanger itself.

How much water did you put back in?

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v
    It's got about gallon and a half back in the whole system so far I drained and refilled it trying to get some of the dexcool out putting distilled water back in.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Re: supercharge coolant tubes

Try to pop the cover off the s/c to see if you have coolant. There is a small, square cover on the firewall end of the s/c. I was able to open mine to top off the coolant and put it back on with no issues. Others have complained about it no sealing back up though...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.