Need to vent
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 06WhiteDiamond
  • 1 Post By SRG963
  • 1 Post By 06 STS Rob
  • 1 Post By Guy.Seminerio
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Need to vent in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I took my V in to the dealer today for some service I couldn't tackle on my own. I failed ...
    Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

Need to vent

I took my V in to the dealer today for some service I couldn't tackle on my own. I failed to tell them not to wash the car, mostly because the car was perfectly clean. I should have known better. Here's the results. It was a cloudy day, so it was hard to see if it was damaged out in the dealer lot. I'm sick right now.

Here's my V before -

After the dealer paint grinder -

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baller95 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS, 07 STS-V & 06 ESV Platinum

Re: Need to vent

Damn dude, that happened because they washed it??

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Jeez it looks like they washed it with paper towels. Not okay. Clean microfiber towels only. Clearly they didn't use those. Have you brought it up to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Jeez it looks like they washed it with paper towels. Not okay. Clean microfiber towels only. Clearly they didn't use those. Have you brought it up to them?
    It was one of those automatic flap brush things. I'm an idiot, I assumed they wouldn't need to wash a perfectly clean car.

Didn't catch it in the lot, have to go back tomorrow to pick up my truck keys that they removed from the console of the V for some reason. I don't think I'll have a leg to stand on if I get too angry with them about the damage. I will bring it up though, they are destroying customers' vehicles, even though most don't notice/care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailtime View Post
    It was one of those automatic flap brush things. I'm an idiot, I assumed they wouldn't need to wash a perfectly clean car.

Didn't catch it in the lot, have to go back tomorrow to pick up my truck keys that they removed from the console of the V for some reason. I don't think I'll have a leg to stand on if I get too angry with them about the damage. I will bring it up though, they are destroying customers' vehicles, even though most don't notice/care.
    Damn, that's terrible! I just gave my car for detailing at the local GM dealership this morning and I pick it up tomorrow. I hope they don't screw something up!

A good polishing/buffing should get rid of it right?

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    Damn, that's terrible! I just gave my car for detailing at the local GM dealership this morning and I pick it up tomorrow. I hope they don't screw something up!

A good polishing/buffing should get rid of it right?
    I hope they did it right for you.

I've already done a light cut on this car to eliminate the previous owner's 7 years of swirls. This is worse, in one wash. Got a paint thickness gauge on the way, I'll need to use some aggressive cutting pads to fix this mess. I just hope there's enough clearcoat left to get it right again.

I hope they do something for you. Good luck with it!

06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V
    Worked at my local dealer for a few years and would lose it on the lot guys when they would run nice cars through their car wash which would absolutely destroy our paint.

Take a piece of paper and write
    "Do Not Wash"
    Then fold the paper so it fits perfectly into the navigation display. This is what I have had to resort to since my kind requests were no longer heard.
    baller95 likes this.

SRG963 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX LUX

^Good idea.

I make them put a note on the tag they attach to the keys as well, DO NOT WASH!!!
    baller95 likes this.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

I'm sick right now....

Sorry to see that bro. I would lose my cool if I saw the dealer had done that to my car. (or anyone for that matter)
    At an airport once, I noticed that they decided to drag their luggage across my rear door. I had to buff the door out with some light compound in order to remove the marks they left.
    baller95 likes this.

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Demand that their body shop fix it. They need to learn. I've had the dealer make my car dirty by washing it when it went in spotless, but nothing like that.

I don't trust them to fix it right. Oh trust me, the "wash" made it dirty too. There's grease all over the hood and trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailtime View Post
    I don't trust them to fix it right. Oh trust me, the "wash" made it dirty too. There's grease all over the hood and trunk.
    Got my car back from the detailing and it was good but nothing impressive. Some parts of the interior like the door panel doesn't even look like it was cleaned and I ordered the platinum detailing package. Definitely not going to bring it to the dealers again!

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Interior pieces are expensive being that they're leather wrapped. Leave the interior work to yourself. Only you can be trusted to do the right thing using the right products on these expensive interior parts - dash, door panels, console, seats.
    baller95 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.