Aluminum Trunk Tie-Down Knobs - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Aluminum Trunk Tie-Down Knobs in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Fierofiend Thats one of my biggest gripes with this car. I 'hate' the cheap inside door handles, ...
    baller95 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS, 07 STS-V & 06 ESV Platinum

Re: Aluminum Trunk Tie-Down Knobs

Quote Originally Posted by Fierofiend View Post
    Thats one of my biggest gripes with this car. I 'hate' the cheap inside door handles, ugh!
    Yeah I'm starting to notice some paint peel behind the driver side handle. Looks cheap.

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    It seems to happen on a lot of these cars

fre1102 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None yet

Re: Aluminum Trunk Tie-Down Knobs

The buttons on the side of the nav screen are the first priority as far as I'm concerned. Those are the ones that are hard to find and change. The two big round buttons for the infotainment system would be nice, but you can buy them for $12 and change them in just under ten seconds.

I'd buy the big round buttons and the door handles, but I really want the little buttons on either side of the nav screen. I had a guy that was going to make them with a CAD system but we never followed through--the big round buttons we had ready to turn in about half an hour--the little buttons took longer and we never decided whether to etch the descriptions on the surface or mill all the way through with one letter so you could read them at night.

Anyway, if you're making this stuff and all I have to do is buy it, make the little buttons. I'll but the little buttons, the big buttons, the door handles and the lock knobs. I think I'd have everything but the handles anodized black...but maybe not.

Anyway, I can send you the infotainment knobs and buttons--the back of the little buttons is "more" complex, in that it takes twenty minutes with a micrometer and some thinking, but if you're doing this on a computer-controlled machine the toughest part seemed to be getting the font of the letters for the buttons, and the fulcrum point on the buttons. Oh, and the little insert for the big button--I didn't like the idea of using a set screw to hold it on the shaft--I wanted it to slide on and off like the OEM big round button.

Oh, I'm talking about a Gen. 1 CTS-V. They're not all the same between models?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.