Did something exceedingly stupid
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1madstsv
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Did something exceedingly stupid in Cadillac V-Series Forums; There were unprecedented flash flood through my neck of the woods this morning. I got caught in the morning commute ...
    Edward C is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2005 Pontiac GTO, 2006 Lincoln Zephyr

Did something exceedingly stupid

There were unprecedented flash flood through my neck of the woods this morning. I got caught in the morning commute and ended up driving through a section of road that I should not have in order to attend an important morning meeting. The sts-v made it without a hiccup as I drove slow so as to not slash water into the intake. It took about two minutes to traverse. The sts-v chugged on through without any drama and there doesn't seem to be any signs of damage - aside from dirt and debris in the lower grill opening. The engine oil, radiator fluid, and brake fluid don't seem to have been contaminated, Should I have all of the fluids (including the differential) replaced and the suspension components checked out? How about the exhaust? It seems the water line went up past the lower door openings but not a single drop leaked in. 10468635_10203988157532190_8403084348402648725_n.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Did something exceedingly stupid

You will be fine you just drove trough it. Not parked in it. So no worys. But don't do it again.
    Edward C likes this.

sts454049 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Raven STS-V

^^^^

i would agree on that

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Yeah, I would guess the biggest risk is electrical connections going flaky later from corrosion, but they're sealed pretty well. Just have to wait and see on that.

The fluids should not have been hit with water. I bet you were cringing though.

bigburban is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sts-v 2008

If it where me I would get the car washed. Change any fluids that are close to needing changing. Make sure that the door drains etc are clear. See if I could get it up on a lift and make sure there is not a bunch of debris caught. Probably over kill. The longer I own my car the more I have trouble envisioning replacing it.

baller95 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS, 07 STS-V & 06 ESV Platinum

Tough situation you were in. Hopefully it's all good!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.