Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Dragstrip visit

871 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  PapaV 
#1 · (Edited)
Went to a test and tune session on Friday night at Capital Raceway in Crofton, MD. Certainly not my first time at the track since I've been racing for years in my 2005 GTO having turned a personal best of 11.6 @ 118. I was impressed by the sts-v's no-drama composure. No adjustments were made i.e. tire pressure, tire spin sensor disconnect, etc., aside from a 10 minute cooldown.

First run:

13.265 @ 106

second run:

13.311 @ 106

Stock except for K&N air filter, W4ME sct emailed tune, and Michelin Pilot Sport tires. The ET can be lowered by finnagling with the tire pressure in my estimation (20 - 25 psi). 1.9 s- 2.0s 60 ft time could be improved upon. The trap speed points to a 13.0 - 13.1 ET with a better launch and longer cool down. Not intending to get into additional mods yet. Too many other priorities at the moment.

#3 ·
Nice run. Did you you let Sport Mode do all the shifting or did you stir it yourself going down the track?

I would put max PSI allowable in the front tires and set rears at 30-32.

Rolling resistance is a bigger factor f/ cars in our HP range as we head down the track.

You can surely knock another .20 off your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.