Road Noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Guy.Seminerio
  • 1 Post By mjs182004
  • 1 Post By Guy.Seminerio
  • 1 Post By cadi509
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Road Noise in Cadillac V-Series Forums; With the windows up, music & a/c off are you guys able to hear quite a bit of road noise ...
    baller95 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 00 DTS, 07 STS-V & 06 ESV Platinum

Road Noise

With the windows up, music & a/c off are you guys able to hear quite a bit of road noise from the back? It was something my dad pointed out to me when we took the 07 V for a test drive but I told him that it was probably because of the larger rear wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Road Noise

Nothing out of the ordinary. What kind of tires are on the car and what's the remaining tread looking like. The further you get into the life of a tire, the noisier they get, particularly with summer tires.
    baller95 likes this.

mjs182004 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham d' Elegance, 06 STS-V

I just got new tires last week, and that got rid of my road noise issue. I was running the stock Perellis, and all I can say is they sucked. lol
    baller95 likes this.

Was able to get a quick look at the tires and they're michelins with fairly good tread. The tires, battery and thermostat were replaced recently (1-2 years) said the owner.

I also just realized that the sunroof was open so that could have been the sound as well.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Summer tires? All seasons? A new set of summer tires can be deceptively quiet until you put a couple thousand miles on them. Then they show their true colors.
    baller95 likes this.

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    The sunroof diffuser makes a lot of noise on these cars and compared to a seville or deville no matter dts or sts the V is much more sporty and noisier where as the others are more floaty
    baller95 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Summer tires? All seasons? A new set of summer tires can be deceptively quiet until you put a couple thousand miles on them. Then they show their true colors.
    Not sure to be honest. I'm going to have to check that out when I see the car again!

Quote Originally Posted by cadi509 View Post
    The sunroof diffuser makes a lot of noise on these cars and compared to a seville or deville no matter dts or sts the V is much more sporty and noisier where as the others are more floaty
    Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

Ninja-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts-v, 2011 Escalade EXT

Wheel bearing. Soon you will have a traction control light come on. It sounds like an all terrain tire from a truck correct? I've already replaced all 4. Spend the money and get the skf x tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-v View Post
    Wheel bearing. Soon you will have a traction control light come on. It sounds like an all terrain tire from a truck correct? I've already replaced all 4. Spend the money and get the skf x tracker.
    How much for the 4 installed?

Ninja-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts-v, 2011 Escalade EXT

I found them at napa for 250 ish each, then add about 4-5 hours of shop time to that.

06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja-v View Post
    I agree, most likely a wheel bearing. My two front are noisy and checking through the history they were already replaced 25,000km's ago. Do they usually wear out quickly or possibly due to the car sitting for long periods of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteDiamond View Post
    I agree, most likely a wheel bearing. My two front are noisy and checking through the history they were already replaced 25,000km's ago. Do they usually wear out quickly or possibly due to the car sitting for long periods of time.
    Oh that makes sense, the owner said he's had the car in storage for the winter. I better let him know before I buy the car!

06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by baller95 View Post
    Oh that makes sense, the owner said he's had the car in storage for the winter. I better let him know before I buy the car!
    Don't take my word for it as i am no mechanic but the previous owner bought my V with 32,000km in 2009, I purchased my V April 14th 2014 with 52,000km so i assume the vehicle sat quite a bit. In my case I believe my warranty covers it.

Quote Originally Posted by 06WhiteDiamond View Post
    Don't take my word for it as i am no mechanic but the previous owner bought my V with 32,000km in 2009, I purchased my V April 14th 2014 with 52,000km so i assume the vehicle sat quite a bit. In my case I believe my warranty covers it.
    Gotcha! The seller said he'll take it into the dealership on Monday for a check up to make sure everything's ok.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.