Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Nor Cal Tuning

8K views 51 replies 8 participants last post by  TimmyC 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows of anyone who can tune my V in Northern California

#13 ·
Did the baseline dyno today. Was pretty happy with it. After about a 1.5 hr drive to get there and not much time between me getting there and putting it on the dyno, I still got a pretty decent baseline. Ended up pulling at 381 HP and 378 torque to the wheels. Sadly I was not able to get video like I wanted to (GoPro was being finicky). Also due to work, my tune had to be rescheduled. So it won't be until Aug 8th that I get the intake and tune done.

#38 ·
Next year I will be getting Tim's headers and pulley with injectors. can't wait. I am also planning a Matte black vinyl wrap, but we will see.

----------

defiantly get one. the trans tune alone was worth it. the 40 extra rwhp was a bonus.

----------

Here is the link for you guys. Sorry my gopro doesn't do a great job of picking up the exhaust note. It's so loud inside that small shop it's to much for the gopros mic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8C0ebljp_Y&feature=youtu.be

#42 ·
I was supprised. I thought my car was completely stock except the gibson mufflers. Turns out it also had a really weak tune.

the tuner was all really impressed with tims intake. he said on all the past sts v's he did, they either had the d3 or spectre intake and this was the first time dealing with this intake. He said it was pulling in WAY more air than the other 2.

He also liked the design much more. Good job Tim!

----------

Do it!

#45 ·
Thanks

----------

414rwhp is right where you should be with those mods.

The throttle body starts to shine when you up the boost with the lower pulley. Exhaust doesn't make any power difference. The heat exchanger cuts recovery times and brings intake air temps down quicker. It is hard to measure that on a dyno.
That is what I figured. I rememeber you telling me about the throttle body not doing much without your pulley. So I definatly cant wait for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.