BEWARE of MOPAR!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By theotherguyssn
  • 1 Post By 06 STS Rob
  • 2 Post By theotherguyssn
  • 1 Post By Ninja-v
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, BEWARE of MOPAR! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Man, what's going on over there in the Mopar devision! The new SRT V8's are keeping up with our V's ...
    06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

BEWARE of MOPAR!

Man, what's going on over there in the Mopar devision! The new SRT V8's are keeping up with our V's these days. 470hp claimed by the Chrysler 300...
    Owning a 500hp (or near 500 at least) vehicle is no longer much of an elite club. My uncle just sold his 11 sec Mopar wagon (turbo 4 cylinder) and moved up to the 300S with the 5.7 Hemi. After reading a little about it, I'm worried that with a few upgrades i.e. intake, exhaust, & a tune, he'll be giving me a nasty run for my money! WTF

Looks like I'm going to have to start hiding money from the wifey and build up my TimC fund in order to step up my game. Pulley, injectors, & tune should keep him at bay for a while.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: BEWARE of MOPAR!

You have a car that's 6-8 model years old. If your not running 11,s you better not try to race to many new v8 our boosted 6es. A friend has a chip and lack of exhaust on a 335i and runs 11.9@118 on a 1.9 60 ft.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

ive run with plenty of 115-+ trap cars.

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

just shows how far old dodge/chrysler is behind gm took them 6 years to get up to somthing gm had in 06
    06 STS Rob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguyssn View Post
    just shows how far old dodge/chrysler is behind gm took them 6 years to get up to somthing gm had in 06
    Thing is....our cars new were $80k! The fully loaded S model (5.7 Hemi with 363hp) 300 he just picked up was right about what we paid for my woman's Toyota SR5 4runner 2wd in 2012. That's the part that has me shaking my head.

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    You paid that much for a 2wd 4runner?

Plus these cars still turn heads every time they're driven people can tell they're something special where as a 300 with a hemi whether it's a srt8 or not people just think it's another 300 unless you really know your cars

We paid $30k for the T4R new...my uncle just got a deal on the 300S for $34k.
    I agree, our cars are way more than just 500hp sedans. I will never trade my STS V for a regular production sedan. The fact that only 400 or so 2008 models exist makes me love mine that much more!
    baller95 likes this.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

You're getting more for the 80k. You're not paying for just the hp.

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

i sure wish i could predict the future and see just if the sts-v's will be worth somthing in the far future seeing as rare they are just would be curious like 60 years down the road from now
    baller95 and Guy.Seminerio like this.

I got one word for you.... Delorean

The "cool" car from the 80's is worth about $20k in perfect condition now. My guess is nobody will care about the bad ass vehicle that Cadillac put together in the next 5-10 years.
    I watched a comparison of the Delorean and a Ferrari 308 (Magnum PI car) running 1/4 mile times against a Toyota Camry & whatever they're calling the Toyota mini van. Both (fast for the 80's) cars got spanked byt the entry level Toyota's.

With V6 engines putting out over 300hp n/a now, I believe that the 500hp cars will be a regular thing within the next 5-10 years thus making our cars "just" one of the first big ponied sedans.

Ninja-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts-v, 2011 Escalade EXT

Yeah, til Obama shuts down the American oil industry again and we have to pay his Taliban friends to import their oil. Then fast and the furious cars will be cool again lol. Or them vacuum cleaner motor cars. My guess is they will be worth a ton. This car is stage one of Cadillacs return to the top. If cadillac keeps pushing the boundaries of performance and luxury and continues to produce Awesome machines, our cars will take the credit for it.
    boomys10 likes this.

WFOWFO64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 64 Fleetwood, 06 STS,11 Escalade Super Charged,06 STS V

I just had a run in with a SRT charger. He kept revving it up running down the interstate. So after some road construction the road went to 4 lanes and I was behind him. He got on the gas and I stayed 6 ft. off his bumper till about 135mph. To much traffic to pass so I lifted and slowed it down to cruise again. He had to slow down to give me a thumbs up. I still had some left. I have a intercooler and intake from Timmy but I haven't had time to do the work yet. Mopar has always had bogus HP numbers. Saturday I had to teach a Porsche a lesson. New 911 s thought he would try to get away from me through the turns. Good luck with that HP, good handling car and BALLS will beat the shit out of some Yuppie in a Porsche.

PapaV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 D3 Stage 2+ STS-V and '05 CTS-V

Mustang's, Camaro's, Challenger's, 300 SRT's target a very different buyer than who the STS-V marketing guys target.
    The first 4 listed r gr8 bangs f/ the buck when it comes to brute force but if you want your cake and eat it to you will require a Cadillac V.

When I could finally afford the dream car of my youth (Shelby GT500) Cadillac came out w/ the V Series and I drove one. That was all it took.

I will own an XLR-V b4 it's all over.

My dad was a weekend warrior in the 60's racing his '69 Dodge Dart 340 Swinger. I can still remember his best 1/4 mile time was 12.71 and it was his daily driver. My dad was a Mopar guy till he died in '05. I have always had a soft spot f/ Mopars and would b driving a sweet 300 SRT8 if the V Series had not arrived. The SRT's r gr8 cars but r NOT in the same class as the V series.

Long live Mopars!! (and V's)

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Tangled with one a few weeks back, while we really couldn't get into it for an extended period of time to see who was the Alpha dog, I will say, on two of three of our skirmishes, I took his lunch money.

Still a gorgeous car, strong, but it's achilles heel in all comparison articles is that it isn't exactly fleet of foot. It's a little ponderous compared to others in it's class.

Anyway, I'm wanting this new Hellcat Challenger...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.