Updated time control module to 1.21 giggawatts! (Questions about service updates)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Updated time control module to 1.21 giggawatts! (Questions about service updates) in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I know I posted a few brief questions about udpates and what to look for in my first post, but ...
    TacTurtle222 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Updated time control module to 1.21 giggawatts! (Questions about service updates)

I know I posted a few brief questions about udpates and what to look for in my first post, but my '06 V is going to the dealer Friday morning to check for ECU/BCM updates and I'd like to be armed with TSB #'s, references, and a little bit of knowledge. So, my question is do any of you guys have any information you could share about this? I'm looking for anything that the dealer should update like the transmission, BCM, ECU, throttle, fuel system, anything. If you guys have any referencing TSB's that I could give to the dealer, that would be great, too! (So I don't look like an idiot and they don't steal $100 bucks from me and say that the car has already been updated or that they did the update.) Also, I asked about updating the nav system and the service guy told me that I have to purchase the update disc from parts in order to do the update. I was under the impression that the dealer was supposed to have a disc on hand and once the system was updated (firm ware updates), the nav unit would still run off of the old nav disc. Again, if you guys have any suggestions for me to tell them what to look for and/or update (that doesn't cost an arm and a unicorn egg) that'd be sweet turtle turds!

P.S. - What should the "default greeting" say? Is it "Ready for STS-V?"?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Updated time control module to 1.21 giggawatts! (Questions about service updates)

Default reading should be driver 1 or driver 2 depending on the fob.

You are right about the nav update thing. The service advisor is confusing what you're asking for - a navigation FIRMWARE update - with what he's thinking of - an updated map disc.

Just show him the tsb I linked you to in the other thread. They should have the discs on hand and pop them in, do the updates, and then they keep them for the next guy. If they still give you the runaround, they lost the disc because they're disorganized and don't want to purchase another set, so find another dealer.

Re: Updated time control module to 1.21 giggawatts! (Questions about service updates)

Gotcha. I remember seeing your post and I'll show it to him. Any suggestions or info on the other updates such as TSB's for other updates?

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

All I can say is I went to a trusted dealer on the other updates, tcm, etc. And they said I was up to date. Where are you located?

Dave G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TacTurtle222 View Post
    P.S. - What should the "default greeting" say? Is it "Ready for STS-V?"?
    This can be changed to say whatever you want.

@Guy I'm located in central Illinois. I'm taking it to Miles Chevrolet which I've good luck in the past with my old TrailBlazer SS. I even trust them more than our local Cadillac dealership.

@Dave I read an article somewhere where when the author started up the car it read "Ready for STS-V?" and I thought that was pretty cool so I guess I'll keep it. :-D

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

In GM SI (Service Information), they can go in, select "2006" "Cadillac" "STS", go into either the "Preliminary Information" or "General Information" menus, and then pull up all and any TSB's, addendums, etc, applicable to an STS (which includes all, so it will require a little of sifting, but it's all there). If they can put in your VIN# (if they're on a newer version of SI), they can specifically whatever is needed in terms of latest updates for your car. Either way, no need to armed with data. They'll have it all in seconds...

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Go here:
    https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Put in your VIN and it will show you a lot of information but I'm not sure how useful it will be without access to the Tech 2...

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

That just gives what the latest calibration ID's part number is. You need the T2 to see what you currently have in the PCM. And then of course if you don't have the lastest, the T2 is needed to download and install or act as a pass-through to install.

I know I've posted this before, this is an example of what you'd see on the T2 (this was my Monte Carlo). The Calibration ID is the part number and the CVN (Calbration Verification Number) is the authorization;

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.