Trying to sell my V, is my price nuts? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Trying to sell my V, is my price nuts? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hold out for the 17. 10-12 is ridiculous....
    Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Trying to sell my V, is my price nuts?

Hold out for the 17. 10-12 is ridiculous.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

kac1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-v

Yea, no hurry. I am a die hard GM fan, trust me. I had two Grand Nationals, 87' Monte SS, 68 Camaro, 69 RS/SS Close, K5 Blazers. My last vehicle before the STSv was a Silverado SS AWD. I love the V series, but I gotta worry about it every time I park it and it's out of my sight. Even a month ago me and my wife went for dinner and I had to sit so I could keep a eye on the car, lol. As far as the Super Duty over a GM, I know I'm gonna get harassed a little. It's just I like the size of the cab int he Super Duties over the GM cabs. I want a diesel anyway, the GM gas motors crap all over the Ford gas motors, in HP and fuel economy.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Hey, I'm OCD, so I hear you.

I took it to mean you were calling the GM HD's as Super Duties. Sorry, I didn't read it that you meant you wanted a ferd.

No worries man

What does everyone use for price? KB or NADA? I feel like NADA is more realistic

I use all three of the big ones. KBB, Edmunds, and NADA. One is pessimistic, one is in the middle, and one is optimistic.

If you can get the black book value factor that in too. I then average them. The problem is lining up their conditions and how you're selling it (I.E. Private party, trade-in, dealer retail), so some finessing is in order but still it will give you a good ballpark.

The guys in Long Island that did the "chrome sts-v" (yuck) offered me 12k, LMAO. I had a guy on autotrader with a bogus email offer me 8, lol. WTF is wrong with people? I understand a little low balling, but really? I just checked autotrader and mine is one of the lowest priced V's on there, the only one close doesn't have cross drilled slotted rotors. Autotrader also doesn't do a carfax, so I bet the ones near my price has been hit...

Dave G is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I laugh at people who negotiate without seeing it in person. I'm negotiable on everything I have for sale. 1/2 price isn't negotiating. Good luck.

That's just it, not one person has come to see the car

johnnyocc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts-v

Our v series cars I believe will be valued much like the 70s chevelle ss in 20-30 years, as, our v cars are a great design with manufacturing numbers as low as the chevelle ss were in the 70s..I have a 1970 chevelle ss 454 LS5 that I'm presently doing a frame off restore on numbers matching ac car to boot. Hold out if you are in no rush I got lucky with my 2006. I did not really know the quality of engineering of the 4.4 until after I purchased and did more in depth research, and with the help of this site, love it...

In this macroeconomic environment, people just aren't spending. Especially on niche, performance vehicles, that aren't necessarily "fuel efficient" or considered "environmentally friendly".

You're really targeting a small audience with this car to begin with. Those just emailing to low-ball are either scammers, or just don't know any different about the car. They think they're just looking at a regular STS with some appearance stuff.

johnnyocc, your restoring one of my favorite cars ever, I always tell my wife before I die I will have a 70 Chevelle big block. This site is the best, it helped me very much not only with my hunt for the STS-v but also with any small questions I had about the car. For instance when I removed the center console to replace the TC and Hazard switches this site had everything to a T on how to do it.

CMMNTMXR57, I couldn't agree more, this economy is still a little "silly", I'll say.. My father inlaw made a weird comment at Easter dinner on Sunday on how many people are buying full zized trucks, and I said "with gas at these prices?", he responded with "thats whats making everything think the economy is coming back"

I know once this weather gets nice, more people will be in search of this car, no one is going to buy a 469hp RWD car when it snowed last week, lol.

Outside of full-sized trucks, which are getting ever and better fuel efficiency, full-size SUV's sales are actually down vs. a couple years ago. Regardless, most are much better at fuel economy than even say my '99 (I'm lucky to get ~12mpg), as most get around 15. So that may not seem like a huge amount, but it's something...

At any rate, much like me, people like size, comfort, and true utility, so yea filling up sucks (I usually have to do it when it hits half tank because pumps shut off at $100), as a 44 gallon tank will easily go past that. Fueling my vehicles is my one vice in the world. I don't drink, smoke, do crack, have to have the latest electronic gizmo, latest MP3, or clothes... So...

Now I get a email every 2-3 days, but not once person has seen the car. Has to be someone in the tri state area that would like one of these monsters.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

You'll sell it. Hold out. I recently had a spike in calls on mine too. One drove it, others know they're next in line but haven't drove it because one is in Arizona, the other about 5 hr away. You're getting bites. Hold out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.