"service stability sys, service brake assist" - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, "service stability sys, service brake assist" in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I laugh at that, but I saw sh*t like that all too much... And believe it or not, upon telling ...
    CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Re: "service stability sys, service brake assist"

I laugh at that, but I saw sh*t like that all too much...

And believe it or not, upon telling the owners of this, some would actually ask me to put it back together and "how many more miles can I get before I absolutely have to fix this?"

At which point you just stand there like a deer in headlights due to their utter stupidity and/or cheapness. These are the people you share the road with!
    Ludacrisvp and Guy.Seminerio like this.

zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k
    On my CTS I got that message to service stabilitrac and it was the magnetic strip in the wheel bearing that was bad. At first the tech did not think it was the wheel bearing and called me to be sure I wanted it replaced I said yes and once the new bearing was in no more problem. But like I said that was on an 08 cts.

264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V

Just to keep everyone up to date on my V's situation, the dealer has determined that the steering wheel position sensor is intermittently losing signal. Also one of the rear hub bearings are defective and is throwing codes. They want the hub bearing replaced so they can clear out the codes, and then further diagnose the steering wheel position sensor. Since the rear hub bearings are practically new, I will replace it myself and then return it to the dealer, for the steering wheel position sensor issue. Thus far i'm into the dealer for 2hrs of diagnosis. I'll keep you posted on the final results.

264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Finally replaced the rear hub bearing, and it was bad. evidently two of the bolts worked loose and caused failure of the bearing (broken wire) and that fixed the codes, as for taking it back to the dealer so they can tell about the steering wheel sensor that is "intermittent" not yet, not really looking foreword to more trouble shooting costs on something that they say they haven't been able to get it to "act up yet".

rwwrrr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V 2008
    I have these lights on also but my car is shaking and vibrating and seems like the engine is running super rich. Traction control system light is on and the service engine is flashing and my car makes the noise like a seatbelt is not fastened.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

flashing SES light is causing damage to the car ... severe misfire detected...
    Get the car to a competent shop (dealer) that deals with high performance cars / caddys on a daily basis.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rwwrrr View Post
    I have these lights on also but my car is shaking and vibrating and seems like the engine is running super rich. Traction control system light is on and the service engine is flashing and my car makes the noise like a seatbelt is not fastened.
    Hello rwwrrr,

I can understand why you would be concerned. I apologize that you are experiencing these symptoms with your STS-V. If you are planning on working with your dealership and would like our assistance, please PM us your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership.

Kind regards,

Jonathan A. (Assisting)
    Cadillac Customer Care

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    flashing SES light is causing damage to the car ... severe misfire detected...
    Get the car to a competent shop (dealer) that deals with high performance cars / caddys on a daily basis.
    What is your opinion on the most likely cause to this...?

Damn, that is not what I wanted to hear. I wonder if the engine will blow? Throw a rod? I thought it was electrical or maybe rear motor mounts and hoped I wasn't causing further damage.
    I will try to take it in tomorrow to my Fresno Cadillac dealer Michael Cadillac they replaced the accidental damage that occurred during a previous service, however have not been the same socially since I wrote on this site about how the work was becoming sub-par. They really have done a wonderful job since then when replacing the drive shaft, bearing pack, top radiator hose, etc. I have 110k miles on this 08 and these are not pretty miles.
    Any idea what severe misfire could be?

----------

Coil?
    I wonder how much that will cost?

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

What codes are present? Can't make any guesses without some more info. What happened right before the car started running rough?

No idea on the codes, I am taking it in tomorrow to the Cadillac dealership. They have done all the work to it since 7,500mi, has 110k now.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello rwwrrr,

I see you are bringing your vehicle into your nearby Cadillac dealership. If additional questions or concerns arise, please feel free to send us a private message. We are always more than happy to assist anyway that we can. Please keep us updated after your dealer service visit.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

So far its a spark plug and coil but the engine still has a few more codes showing up...

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Hey guys. I'm going to be honest...I'm lazy today.

What spark plugs are the recommended ones? Tr7xi or something?

06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlood_STSV View Post
    Hey guys. I'm going to be honest...I'm lazy today.

What spark plugs are the recommended ones? Tr7xi or something?
    I just put in Tr7xi plugs, no issues.
    YoungBlood_STSV likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.