No Heads Up Display? What Else is Missing?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, No Heads Up Display? What Else is Missing? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; The list of equipment for the STS V seems to be missing "options" that had been discussed. Missing are listings ...
    Lab 4.4-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

No Heads Up Display? What Else is Missing?

The list of equipment for the STS V seems to be missing "options" that had been discussed. Missing are listings for Heads up Display and ventilated seats. I hope this is just a printing omission, and not an attempt to keep the price down.

I am also disappointed that there is no cashmere color for the interior. That would have lived up to the promise of a "luxury performance" automobile. The black, black and silver look is out of date.

I wonder if we will still see the promise that the STS V "will do 0-60 in well under 5 secs."?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

STS LAB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: No Heads Up Display? What Else is Missing?

Don't worry, I too believe the list on this forum is incomplete. HUD is available on a lot of performance cars. HUD has been available on the regular STS line as an option. The STS V is suppose to be the "top of the line" and it should be included, or at least available as an option. The Feb. Road & Track article on the STS V clearly stated HUD would be included as part of the standard equipment in the car.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

The list is from the ordering guide from GM. Its not likely they will be adding options or features for this model year

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/dom...age=7&butID=16

blujay40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Missing are listings for Heads up Display and ventilated seats.
    My sister just leased an 06 STS V6 and it came with ventilated front seats so I know the seat option is there. No HUD though. However, within the V8 Luxury Performance Package there is this option (gleened from the national website):

Cruise control, adaptive, sophisticated radar transceiver automatically adjusts speed to maintain preset following distance, includes telltale in reconfigurable head-up display (K59) $2,300.00

The above package wasn't available on the V6, nor on anything other than the V8 Luxury Performance Package. We saw one on the lot that had it so I know it is available now, but looks like the HUD is not a separate option.

Also, I know the AWD is only available currently on the V8, but dealer said that it would also be available on the V6 early 06 so maybe they will also add this option to the V6 in the near future also. In other words, it looks like they will be "tweaking" the options as the model year progresses.

Regards,

Jay

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Check with the dealer if option UV6 is available. That's the HUD for the STS.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Both options should be available if not standard equipment on this car as with the CTS-V.

me3head is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I heard that the seats were left off for weight savings

caddygirl1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by me3head
    I heard that the seats were left off for weight savings

I wonder where you heard that from? That could be one of the reasons, but on further thought, it is more likely that it has to do with the Occupent Sensor in the passenger seat. The company that supplies that sensor mat could not come up with a working calibration for the Preferred Suede material. Since the STS-V only comes with the Preferred Suede, it is impossible to put ventillation in the seats. It would also add too much complexity to the seat (they are already working with 3 different mats) and cuts cost (GM's major direction) in engineering and manufacturing.

Hope this helps you better understand what goes into deciding vehicle content.

Also, neither the CTS or CTS-V have ventilated seats. It's not an option on either.

STS LAB is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ok, that could explain the lack of ventilated seats. What would explain the lack of a "heads up display"?

tdogg5184 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS, 2009 Escalade ESV

maybe the adaptive cruise sensor blocked too much air from the intercooler for the supercharger? Cooling is a huge issue on Supercharged engines.

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The wire mesh grilles interfere with the adaptive cruise on the standard STS, so I am assuming that is the reason it is not added as a standard feature. This is not a feature on every STS either, it is an option. The HUD is included and only available with the adaptive cruise on the standard STS, so that is my guess.

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

I noticed that early in the 2005 year, that the HUD was available as an option on the STS either with or without the adaptive cruise. Just a few months ago this changed so that the HUD only could be had if you got the ACC.

I was told by a factory rep long ago that ACC was a negative on the V series mainly because of the grille and the location of the computer interfered with the supercharger controller.

I suspect that the HUD will be available at a later date, probably on the '07 model along with something else that I will really want after my '06 is already in the driveway

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.