New STS-V owner, track results, pics and 69 camaro also!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New STS-V owner, track results, pics and 69 camaro also! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; hey everyone, 08 STS-V owner as of Dec 2013, flew down to San Diego, CA and drove it back up ...
    TheOmen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V, The Omen 69 Camaro

New STS-V owner, track results, pics and 69 camaro also!

hey everyone, 08 STS-V owner as of Dec 2013, flew down to San Diego, CA and drove it back up to the bay area, CA. Had ~51k on it, black interior and sunroof.

I got the tranny tuned by a local tuner with HPtuners, and did magnaflow mufflers. took it to the track within the first week! haha best i got was a 13.3 @ 105 and a 2.1 60', no traction control, no burnout, no stall, just Sports mode D. was hoping for 13.0-13.1 but spinning aint winning haha. Near future performance mods: intake, 2.4pulley, 60lb injectors, probably replace the resonator with a 2 in 2 out magnaflow muffler. i wanna be around 425rwhp

appearance-wise, got the windows tinted 35% front 20% on the back half, took off the GM badges and the STS badge painted the front and back grills black, plastidipped the chrome on the caddy and V-Badges and plastidipped the wheels semigloss black.

i must say these cars get alot of attention from other ppl with performance cars, i guess ppl first thought is that it is a CTS-V (lost to a couple healthy C5vettes from a roll because of this hahha) or just a STS with V-badges (because they didnt know a STS-V exist)

i got a new job thats within 6 miles of the house so thats why i upgraded my daily driver to this, very fun car, hop in and go straight to sports mode and Competitive driving mode and beat the crap out of it haha

and here is my first love, my 69 camaro, "The Omen" 433BBC, F1-R Procharger, Blowthrough E85 carbed setup garage-built STREET CAR hahah ~1150hp to the crank, stay boosted my friends...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadzilla8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS Northstar V8
    Wow! You have some nice cars my friend! Very cool and welcome to the forums! What kind of times does the camaro run?

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: New STS-V owner, track results, pics and 69 camaro also!

Sweet Camaro. My brother-in-law is frame off restoring a numbers matching 68 RS/SS.

No track times on the camaro with the new setup, kinda built the car backwards, was originally gonna be a 600hp D1SC setup but when I left the engine shop It was another animal haha, so I have no cage, or safety equipment in the car, so it haven't felt the need to drive two hours to possibly get turned away without a pass. I'm hoping for easy low low 9's @ around 150mph on kill mode.
    I have passes in the camaro back when it was just an iron head mild setup, made 333rwhp/357rwtq, ran a best of 11.95@116 with a 1.6 60'
    http://youtu.be/EqwwfVp3Dhg
    Vid of a start up and walk around of the new setup
    http://youtu.be/CYgLKugs-yc

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Congrats and welcome. You're times are only a couple of tenths off from what the car magazines quoted so that's really good. What kind of tires were you using and what was the temp?

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    That's some crazy HP on your Camaro.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Welcome to the forum TheOmen! You definitely took the time to make your vehicles one of a kind! If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. We would be more than happy to help.

Amber N. (assisting)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hey there, the tires were Michelin pilots, and was about 70-75* out and the track is about 2 hours away, let the car sit long but I kno the cooling system on the blower is a joke on these cars, forgot to mention that in the intro, very first mods will be the expansion tank and new cooler

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Welcome to the forum TheOmen! You definitely took the time to make your vehicles one of a kind! If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. We would be more than happy to help.

Amber N. (assisting)
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Hi and thanx for the welcome, what's up with the private messaging, always get and message saying my inbox is full when all I have is one message in it, I was trying to get a hold of me TimmyC

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

As a new member you're limited to one pm and eventually you can have more.

T_coel@yahoo.com to contact Tim.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.