Any confirmation on CTSV.2 Springs on STSV?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Any confirmation on CTSV.2 Springs on STSV? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I've been reading for weeks now on our limited suspension options. I came across a few threads with comments about ...
    TrizzyDizzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Any confirmation on CTSV.2 Springs on STSV?

I've been reading for weeks now on our limited suspension options. I came across a few threads with comments about gen 2 CTSV springs on our cars. I believe the car mentioned was a non-V though. I haven't been able to find anything confirming these springs might be an alternative or not for the STSV. Can anyone shed any light in this? And if so, what sort of adjustments would one expect if attempting to use CTSV springs? I'd imagine the ride would be stiffer since they are intended for a lighter car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Any confirmation on CTSV.2 Springs on STSV?

All I can say is you can put sts-v springs on a regular sts and vice versa. The ride height wouldn't change either. Just the stiffness. So if you can put cts springs on an sts, and I am aware of that thread.. I can only imagine they'd go on the Sts-v as well. Not sure what the difference in the ride would be but definitely lower.

2007blackbty is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 sts-v

Contact d3 cadillac for springs.theres 5 on waiting list last week.10 needed for another run.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

TrizzyDizzy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've heard mixed reviews about business with D3. Mostly about communication problems, not the product. The Eibachs for the CTSV are a good bit cheaper and wouldn't be difficult to resell if they didn't fit. If I bite the bullet and try, I'll be sure to post up some details about it all so we can finally get some confirmation.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

I would encourage you to contact us directly regarding springs for the STS-V application.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by TrizzyDizzy View Post
    I've heard mixed reviews about business with D3. Mostly about communication problems, not the product. The Eibachs for the CTSV are a good bit cheaper and wouldn't be difficult to resell if they didn't fit. If I bite the bullet and try, I'll be sure to post up some details about it all so we can finally get some confirmation.

neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V mostly stock

I'm still interested as well, but I have a related question regarding rear shocks - has anyone found a solution for replacement shocks in the rear, ro replace the self-leveling Nivomats? I'll lower my car when I can find suitable replacements (instead of modifying the current ones).

boomys10 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have seen a thread on here about a guy mounting actual ctsv struts to a stsv and did it with no issues, just needed to mount a new bracket to them. dropped the shit out of the car though, to low for me around here in mo or I would have done it.

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrizzyDizzy
    There's no mixing. Ask 1mad and myself. I got bent over twice by them and they ruined his car (previous owner had d3 "upgrade" it).

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Well here it is. Anyone interested in doing this should read through it. Only 2 pages. Pictures too.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...cts-stuff.html

So you have been a customer of D3? I would like to look into your account and see what happened during your experience with d3. You can call 562-595-8518 and ask for James.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    There's no mixing. Ask 1mad and myself. I got bent over twice by them and they ruined his car (previous owner had d3 "upgrade" it).

ChurchSTSV is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    So you have been a customer of D3? I would like to look into your account and see what happened during your experience with d3.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Dave G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I plan on picking up a set of CTS-V2 springs tomorrow. I **might** know someone with a spring rate scale too. I'm not sure when I'll actually do the install. It's low on my list as the V is still parked in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design
    So you have been a customer of D3? I would like to look into your account and see what happened during your experience with d3. You can call 562-595-8518 and ask for James.
    Yeah. I have...

Want to tell me that's NOT a D3 custom grille for the STS that I purchased for my father and required me to spend several hours sanding and filling the poor casting job your company did when making it? Or how about how it's more wavy rather than flat on the top portion than the ocean?

Check out the top uneven gap between the edge and hood. Or how about all that remaining flash cast STILL there.

Compare that to the less expensive E&G classic grille which fit and finish is of the UPMOST quality.

Or how about the sts spring thread where I asked to be put on the list and then was completely blown off and you had the audacity to come post in the thread how you still had open sets left available?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11183625

Go on I'd love to hear this defense.

I have nothing positive to say about your company and refuse to waste anymore time on it. I will however continue to make other members aware of what I think of your company. Just because you're the only game in town doesn't give you the right to have poor customer service. Especially when the some of what you sell is rebadged reboxed products. Like the B&G springs that you boast as D3 springs.....

Ahh the sound of crickets chirping...

Again we value your feedback. We did respond to your other post regarding the springs and offered a resolution regarding the back order status of the springs. In terms of the other product you mention that is an old part that was manufactured using a much different method than we currently use now. It was not a part that was carried over to our new product line and was discontinued years ago. As mentioned before if you have any questions or need to address any further concerns please contact us at 562-595-8518.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.