small issue....or is it????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CMNTMXR57
  • 1 Post By CMNTMXR57
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, small issue....or is it???? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; .......
    johnnyocc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts-v

small issue....or is it????

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int
    Timmyc will have the best performance mods

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: small issue....or is it????

My 2.4" upper pulley will be good. No injectors or extra tuning required.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

You had a 4,300 pound brick of a sedan, with nothing more than a bolt-on exhaust, conservative factory stock tune, conservative factory intake, etc. vs. a 3,600 pound, LSx V8 (which screams at high rpm and high MPH where it just doesn't seem to run out of steam), perhaps with a manual transmission, and perhaps gearing favorability, in a much more aerodynamic package.

That pretty much sums it up.
    Nimoch likes this.

johnnyocc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts-v

Wow the truth hurts...but I love my baby....

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    You had a 4,300 pound brick of a sedan, with nothing more than a bolt-on exhaust, conservative factory stock tune, conservative factory intake, etc. vs. a 3,600 pound, LSx V8 (which screams at high rpm and high MPH where it just doesn't seem to run out of steam), perhaps with a manual transmission, and perhaps gearing favorability, in a much more aerodynamic package.

That pretty much sums it up.
    Yeah, that pretty much nails it.

Maybe I'm getting old, I just don't feel the need to have the quickest car anymore. I'm happy now with the power a stock V provides which is more than enough to get you in trouble. LOL. As long as it gives me an edge when pulling on a freeway on-ramp or passing slower moving vehicles I'm content.

20 years ago though, I would have been searching out every worthwhile mod/upgrade known to man.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyocc View Post
    Wow the truth hurts...but I love my baby....
    There is no need to be hurt by the truth. It's a simple fact, F-Body's, especially LSx's from the factory are pretty quick cars and all versions can be made stupid fast with little investment due to the enormous aftermarket for the Chevy/GM small block V8. Add in the fact that the car is lighter, more aerodynamic, may have a gearing advantage if it's an M6 car, and it all adds up. I know some people with Caddy's look down upon the average F-Body owner just because, but our cars are not the fastest thing on terra firma. Quick yes! Quick for a 4-door sedan with poshness, smoothness, and composure, absolutely (Something that F-Body will lack in spades), but that doesn't change the fact they can be plenty fast. Not to mention, you're more often than not gonna find one of their owners MORE than willing to "run ya".

Sincerely, a former LS1 powered F-Body owner. Mine, was a heads, cammed, headered, built trans, built rear end, making about the same RWHP as my "V" does now. But mine weighed 3,460 pounds (Z28's were on the lighter side vs. a T/A), had a T56, and a 3.73 gear in addition to the engine work, all in a lower, leaner, cleaner aerodynamic package. That 840 pound advantage and all those other things are pretty significant... However, the car was barbaric by comparison!
    Nimoch likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.