Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I wanted to thank my engine builder.

5K views 45 replies 13 participants last post by  OMG-V 
#1 ·
Last week as I was cleaning the engine, yes toothbrush and all, the thought occurred to me to personally thank the man who built my engine. After all, I'm sure he took tremendous pride in doing so.
I googled his name and come to find out he has sadly passed. Only 53, he work for GM his entire life. His obit was simple and he had a wife and 3 children. It also said he loved cars.
I want to write his wife and let her know how much I appreciate this motor. Not one issue, and I I'm sure she would feel comforted in knowing. So if there are any David Faith engines out there and you want her to know, I'll get a contact address and we can show some compassion. I know this post doesn't make my car go any faster or tout its performance, but it does make me stop and think of how lucky we are to have these cars.

#34 ·
After reading everyone's responses, I was able to locate my engine builder's email and emailed him (Bruce Elam). He replied this morning. I'm glad I had a chance to thank him personally for his hard work. He retired in 2009 and now teaches at a community college in Lansing. Cool!

----------

He said: "wanted you to know that I take pride in making sure that each an every engine that I have built was done in a very meticulous way, no short cuts"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.