2006 sts-v hard downshift into first gear
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2006 sts-v hard downshift into first gear in Cadillac V-Series Forums; This issue started after I tried removing the engine cover without completely removing the strut brace I may have pulled ...
    johnnyocc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts-v

2006 sts-v hard downshift into first gear

This issue started after I tried removing the engine cover without completely removing the strut brace I may have pulled on some wires while trying pull the cover from beneath the brace. I checked all connections seem fine perhaps just coincidental. Might try to disconnect battery pos. And neg to reset PCM eck for a 24 hour period to put it back in learn mode....any other suggestions before I bring to dealer?....BTW just purchased it 3 months ago..wow what a car I love it..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: 2006 sts-v hard downshift into first gear

Welcome Johnny. I would say coincidental. Ask the dealer to update the transmission control module. I had them update the tcm on mine and that problem went away.

Sounds about right, I also have the issue with the fuel gauge reads 3/4 when full then reads empty when half full then starts reading again when 1/4 full very glithchy my research shows that PCM will need reflash or worse case replace fuel sender in tank...love this site learn a lot, thanks Johnnyo

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyocc View Post
    Sounds about right, I also have the issue with the fuel gauge reads 3/4 when full then reads empty when half full then starts reading again when 1/4 full very glithchy my research shows that PCM will need reflash or worse case replace fuel sender in tank...love this site learn a lot, thanks Johnnyo
    Read this.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ge-issues.html

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

An idle re-learn never hurts anything, but you don't have to do it for 24 hours. A few minutes is all that's needed.

Issue resolved, as I initially suspected while removing the engine cover I inadvertantly broke the hose inlet fitting on the supercharger input pressure sensor, I subsequently epoxied the fitting and reattached the hose engine still ran the same high idle/hard 2-1 downshift I disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes the car went back to normal.....but wait...I also inspected the sensor in front of that one which is the output pressure sensor, and I could not find any hose that attaches to it? There are 3 sensors on top one in front of the other the one in question is the center sensor, should there be a hose connected to it? Again once the rear most input sensor was repaired all seems fine, but I would love to know about the output sensor...thanks, johnnyo

PORGUY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06' STS V

That sensor monitors atmospheric pressure so it dosent have one ,it measures the air so it knows how to regulate the other two....

Porguy, thanks so much, even the dealership here in myrtle beach had no idea, these cars are rare enough where they do not know the intricacies that well..

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

No connection. See parts exploded view I got from my Chevy dealer;

You guys are great source of info, will have a few more questions coming your way......again thanks, johnny O

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.