Selling my v
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Selling my v in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Because I bought another one. Scared ya. Thought I'd share this. Rarer than a solar eclipse, two 2009 STS-Vs followed ...
    Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Selling my v

Because I bought another one. Scared ya.

Thought I'd share this.

Rarer than a solar eclipse, two 2009 STS-Vs followed each other down the i95 from Baltimore to Fayetteville. This one has 20k miles vs 65k on mine and I have gmpp major guard on this one for 48/48 vs powertrain and emissions only on mine.

Gotta have the d3 springs switched over, gotta have the NOISY Pirelli run flats switched off my new ride and onto the one I'm selling. Noticeably excellent steering responsiveness and turn in with them vs the conti dws but not worth the noise.

The one I'm selling will be completely stock and mechanically sound. I'm pricing it aggressively as I am in no rush to sell whatsoever. If you thought 1madstsv was selling high you're gonna love this. My initial bottom line will be 30. I'll put it up for more for haggle room. I'll drop it if I dont get bites but like I said.. No rush to sell.

It'll be up on autotrader in the next couple of days.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    After all that work to get the nav directions working on the HUD....

Re: Selling my v

Haha well at least we know how now. I've already contacted Chris so I can have it done on this new one because I tried it out and sure enough, no nav with HUD. The dealer I bought it from didn't have the disc on hand and according to them it's no longer available from GM.

Color combo? Pics? Sunroof?
    I wonder if all (was it 50 that they made?) 09 Vs have that nav issue...
    Still makes me want to try and flash that 09 firmware on mine to see if it enabled the speed notification system.

Do they look like clones of each other?

I'd probably Keep the 4 best rims of the 8 since you have to move tires around anyways.

I posted in the registry thread but it's a carbon copy of my current one. Black on black with sunroof. The rims with 20k miles are in much better shape than mine which aren't really bad to begin with. Unfortunately the good rims are wrapped in the run flats so I gotta swap those out with my conti dws that are pretty new.
    96 made for 2009 and my understanding is that all 2009s, not just Vs, had this issue.

Did you change to a 09 nav? Definitely need the flash because it's turned on via the DIC. And by the way after a battery disconnect, the speed notification always defaults to off so it's gotta be turned back on. I snapped a couple of pics when feeding my 2 babies some 93 octane. I'll post them when I hook my phone up to my computer.

No, I have the 08 nav, but according to the service history it was replaced at some point around 30k miles IIRC.
    I just think it would be nice if it was possible to flash the 09 Nav software on the 08 version to enable that speed warning system. But then you remind me about the instrument cluster needing to be updated as well to make it so that you can turn it on. Oh well....

----------

So I pulled up auto trader....
    3 2009 STS-V for sale right now in the USA

1. Black/Ebony - $34,809 Mileage 20,604 - Ellicott City, MD .... this must be the one you brought home ....
    2. Black/Ebony - $30,991 Mileage 55,843 - Nashville, TN
    3. Silver/Tango - $33,920 Mileage 47,509 - Alvin, TX

Based on the values of those other ones I'm betting someone is going to try and get you for about $28k with your miles.

Thanks for doing the legwork on that! Yeah makes sense 28 sounds about right. Even so, no rush to sell so ill price it aggressively (high) and see if the fish are biting. If not, I'll lower it. And yes that is the one I bought.

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Glad you stuck with an STS.

Yep there isn't a car I can think of that I'd rather own at this point.

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Same here. My 06 still only has 32k on it.

Wow nice that's low.

----------

On another note, I know how to remove the front bumper. Got it off one car, got the driver side off on the other. On the passenger side, the 10mm bolt closer to the front wheel is giving me a hard time. I loosen and loosen it and it gets to a certain point and you hear a pop and I have to start again. I can loosen it up to a certain point and then it pops back up to about halfway between off and tight. I'm stuck here. Any ideas? I tried pulling down on the bumper as I loosen, tried pushing up on it as I loosen. Any ideas??

Had to pry the screw down while I undid it.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post

3 2009 STS-V for sale right now in the USA

1. Black/Ebony - $34,809 Mileage 20,604 - Ellicott City, MD .... this must be the one you brought home ....
    2. Black/Ebony - $30,991 Mileage 55,843 - Nashville, TN
    3. Silver/Tango - $33,920 Mileage 47,509 - Alvin, TX

Based on the values of those other ones I'm betting someone is going to try and get you for about $28k with your miles.
    There cars are really rare. There are few of them around for sale, and there are very few people who know what STS-V is to appreciate these fine machines and to pay top dollars for them. As a result, the market value depends on the location, time, and how many other STS-Vs are up for sale at that moment, and what their price tags are. I have seen couple of them on Oahu and other islands of Hawaii, and once in while one or two of them are listed for sale. The listed prices have been anywhere from 18k to 26k. I had an eye on STS-V to buy one, but non of them was listed for sale when I was shopping. So I got my new ATS performance, which I am extremely happy with it.

Right now there is one V for sale. It is priced 20k and it has just 35k miles on it:
    http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/cto/4254756820.html

Two weeks ago, there was another V for sale and it was priced about 20k too. It is gone, so I assume it is sold for 20k or something close to it. These re really exclusive and beautiful cars. But I am not sure they can bring anything close to the asking prices in auto trader. They are very overpriced. But who knows, maybe someone likes the car and wants to pay the asking price.

Nice. 35k miles that car is practically brand new. I wonder if it comes with the hottie in the pic.

Congrats on your ats by the way. Great car. Did you get a manual? That's the only thing that disappoints me about this car. Auto only.

On another note, I punched my car with the 65k miles into kbb. I honestly think kbb is crap when it comes to cars like this for reasons stated above. It's not a common car so if someone wants it they'll pay for it.

So I punched it in and it came up at around 30k for a 2009. I dropped it to a 2008, the price dropped by almost 10k. What's up with that?! Is it that once the car is more than 5 years old the value drops off like that?? That's an example of why I think kbb is kind of a joke.

That's why it's never good to have to sell in a rush. It's nice to have the ability to tell them to take their kbb printout showing 10k less than asking and take a hike. Not the car for you.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Nice. 35k miles that car is practically brand new. I wonder if it comes with the hottie in the pic.

Congrats on your ats by the way. Great car. Did you get a manual? That's the only thing that disappoints me about this car. Auto only.

On another note, I punched my car with the 65k miles into kbb. I honestly think kbb is crap when it comes to cars like this for reasons stated above. It's not a common car so if someone wants it they'll pay for it.

So I punched it in and it came up at around 30k for a 2009. I dropped it to a 2008, the price dropped by almost 10k. What's up with that?! Is it that once the car is more than 5 years old the value drops off like that?? That's an example of why I think kbb is kind of a joke.

That's why it's never good to have to sell in a rush. It's nice to have the ability to tell them to take their kbb printout showing 10k less than asking and take a hike. Not the car for you.
    Thanks! Unfortunately it is automatic. Dealers normally don't stock manual trans, so if someone wants manual, special order seems to be the only option, and there will be very little room for negotiation on price. I got an auto ATS that was sitting in dealer's lot for awhile for lower than invoice.

As for KBB's price for 2008 vs. 2009, my guess is that there are very few data points for each year, and as a result KBB is unable to calculate a meaningful average number.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.