New member needing advice on purchase. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New member needing advice on purchase. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm not sure why that pic loaded upside down....
    Dustin11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: New member needing advice on purchase.

I'm not sure why that pic loaded upside down.

ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V
    Nice. Black is really food looking. Just impossible to keep clean.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Re: New member needing advice on purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    What the hell is wrong with an LSx motor?

And an FYI, you don't have a "Cadillac" engine in your car. You have a "GM Powertrain" engine in your car, which is the same as the LSx engine which is also a "GM Powertrain" engine. The N* isn't a Cadillac only engine. It has been used in Pontiac's (Bonneville GXP), and Buick's (Lucerne), too! The last time any engine in GM's portfolio was a division specific, privately owned engine, was probably the mid 80's and even that would be a stretch. Otherwise it would be the 70's..
    Easy there big Hoss... I was speaking of the LC3 as being a Cadillac engine, not just the N*. Yes, I can read the GM Performance badge under the hood and yes, I know the engine is coupled to a GM tranny. Name another car with this engine though other than the Cadillac STS V or XLR V. I never said there was anything wrong with the LS platform either did I? Just said it's not "just another LS car" simply referring back to the rare factor. Never intended on pissing in your Cheerios man, just expressing my opinion on the car.

purelux is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 deville
    More accurate would be the northstar is no longer exclusive to cadillac division. As the aurora variant was heavier, less powerful and had a different fuel injection and wasn't out till 95. The gxp and luzerne were nearly a decade later.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.