Buyers guide?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Guy.Seminerio
  • 3 Post By Dave G
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Buyers guide? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hi all, I'm in the market for an STS-V. I don't see a buyer's guide anywhere, is there anything specific ...
    priapism is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Buyers guide?

Hi all, I'm in the market for an STS-V. I don't see a buyer's guide anywhere, is there anything specific I should be on the lookout for?

If anyone is selling, I'm looking for a good example within a days' drive of New Orleans. Let me know what you've got!

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Buyers guide?

Car was made 2006-2009. For 2008 there were some significant changes.

Newer style steering wheel with more controls.
    Fender vents added
    Heads up display added
    Side blind zone alert added
    Lane departure warning system added
    Tail lights changed slightly. (Surfaces in the taillight lens went from black to reflective. This gives the older ones a slightly smoked look and the newer ones a very red look.)

And some other very minor things like the move from bolts to a latch to disconnect the battery cables.

06-07 the only change I can think of is the data plate on the hand built engines didn't start including the name of the builder until 2007.

08-09 minor stuff. Removal of the word "supercharged" next to the v logo on the sides of the car for 2009
    Addition of the "shark fin" antenna for 2009
    Addition of speed advisory for 2009.

Year by year the car becomes exceedingly rare.

There is the all black interior, the black with tango red interior and a grey/black interior.

The car was only made in black, silver or this bluish greenish gray which is actually pretty nice and somewhat rare. The only exception to this is in 2009 when black ice was offered. This is a color similar to if not the same as black diamond tricoat. Flakes in the paint.

The only option ever available when these cars were purchased was a sunroof delete so you don't have to worry about trying to find one with the "right" options. Biggest thing feature wise would be the addition of heads up display in 2008 like I said.

Performance wise, no change throughout the life of the STS-V.
    priapism likes this.

1madstsv is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

What are you looking to spend. Teens-20,s-30,s our more. Let me know my car is allways for sale. But it's up there in price.

Dave G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Everything is for sale

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.