Still chasing down engine code!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Still chasing down engine code! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Ive replaced bank 2 sensor 1 because the codes called for it. I was hoping this would end the issue. ...
    HUGHS STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2005 STS V6 , 2006 Escalade Ext, 2006 STS-V

Still chasing down engine code!

Ive replaced bank 2 sensor 1 because the codes called for it. I was hoping this would end the issue. I cleared the code and the light popped back on. I have two codes now. P0430 and P1074 which indicates cat and maf I believe. Anyone have this problem or know for certain whats going on before I replace everything. I also have a pretty good oil leak on the back side of the engine. Dont know if this is fouling out sensors or what but everything is covered in oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

Re: Still chasing down engine code!

Bank 2 is the driver's side. Did you replace the correct sensor?

I don't think the oil leak is the cause. Sounds like that is probably a valve cover gasket.

I replaced the primary sensor on the drivers side for the bank 2 sensor 1 code, and I just had the valve cover gaskets replaced less than a year ago.

Check your air intake system for leaks. My stock intake leaked and caused a lean condition. The other code is a cat. I have not seen anyone with that code that didn't have a bad cat.

Get a couple cans of brake clean and clean off the engine. Drive it for a day and check for the leak.

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

p0430 is catalystic efficiency dtc so def going to have to have a driver side convertor put on it to start and see how it does after replacing the convertor

I appreciate it guys, I just plugged the scanner in and now I have six codes.P0174 p0137 p0430 p2a01 two of them came up twice. This car is a full time job keeping it running right it seems.

LT4USMC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 STS-V

I had my 08 in the dealership over the weekend for a Lean Code and it turned out to be a loose air cleaner housing! Go figure!

Everything on Google says the 137 & p2a01 code are a bad secondary o2 sensor. Either that or the car is really plugged up. Does the car run ok? swap the secondary o2 sensors side to side and see if the code swaps sides too.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Before replacing an HO2S, or for that matter a Catalytic Converter, especially for a P0430 code, remove the post-cat HO2S and clean it with some electronics cleaner or brakekleen. This is a code that is typical of a post-cat HO2S not move up or down (in it's mV readings), even slower than it is supposed to, in relation to the Pre-Cat HO2S's. 9 times out of 10, you can save yourself some serious $$$$, just cleaning it out, resetting the PCM and seeing if that fixes the problem. Unfortunately without a Tech 2 or other suitable diagnostic tool, you can't simulate the I/M system test that generates the P0430 code after you do this to see if the problem comes back, so you're left to normal driving, letting it run it's test(s), and seeing if it flags again.

If you have a Tech2 or similar, I would turn off all electric/electronic accessories (radio, lights, etc), manually turn on a low speed cooling fan, then raise the RPM's to about 1,500 rpm's and hold it there for 5 minutes. Then let off. The Post-cat HO2S, should start fluctuating slowly again, the system will run the I/M test for P0430, and if that HO2S is flucuating properly, it'll pass. The reason you need to turn on the fans before doing all this, is while you're holding it at 1,500 RPM for, anything turning on, can cause a slight load variations, which would then potentially cause a change in the mV readings of the Post-Cat HO2S. So you want to negate this before hand.

But as mentioned, looking for any post-MAF air intrusion can also cause this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.