Possible STS-V purchase today (Canada)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Possible STS-V purchase today (Canada) in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Good afternoon fellas, I am currently on my way to take a look at a 2007 Cadillac sts-v with 75,000km's. ...
    06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

Possible STS-V purchase today (Canada)

Good afternoon fellas,

I am currently on my way to take a look at a 2007 Cadillac sts-v with 75,000km's. I spoke to the dealer and it was imported from Texas into Canada, these cars are quite rare to come by. The vehicle has a $8900.00 claim in the front end which happened in 2012, this part scared my but i am still willing to take a look as i could possibly use this as a bargaining tactic to snap the vehicle for a good price.

Should i be really worried about the claim?

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/CADILLAC...howcpo=ShowCPO

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V
    Well it looks pretty clean.

OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    Try to find out how many miles they put on it since the damage. Exterior looks nice.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Re: Possible STS-V purchase today (Canada)

Well, $9k in damage really wouldn't be much. If the hood was damaged you can figure $2k plus paint easily, throw in the front bumper cover and the $1k head lights and you would hit that without even touching the core support.
    Take a GOOD look inside the fenders and see if there are any spots where you can see damage done to the fender wells. That usually takes more of an impact to cause damage to.

I would concider it if everything under the hood looks right. It looks pretty clean. I noticed the wheels have been either chromed or polished and there's an aftermarket exhausr on it. Both of these are nice options.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Re: Possible STS-V purchase today (Canada)

Not to mention the upper and lower grille. They're not cheap either. A couple hundred short of a G for each if I recall.

06WhiteDiamond is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4
    Saw the car and asked the seller if I could take it to my local mechanic to have a look.

The car drives good but does have its fair share of problems. The engine subframe was replaced and it seems that the two bolts holding the subframe by the firewall are not aligned properly. My mechanic said this may not be a big issue but you can clearly tell that the subframe was replaced.

Overall the car was very clean, even underneath. The wheels are chrome and the exhaust is just two magnaflow tips welded to the stock mufflers. Also had an intake installed.

After a thorough inspection here is what the vehicle needs.

-Drivers side front hub/wheel bearing
    -Drivers side front ball joint
    -Drivers side front tie rod
    -New rotors all around (pads are good)
    -Both rear differential bushings
    -Tires in the rear are worn but still have some tread.
    -Drivers door inner chrome handle(chrome peeled off)
    -Bumper lower passenger side 5" gash(curb)
    -Drivers rear rear quarter had 3" dent with some scuffs but nothing major.
    -Noticed some oil sweating from the torque converter area.

I didn't have a chance to test all the electricals but everything seemed to be working. Looked under the hood and didn't see any major repairs so not sure what the $8900.00 claim was for other then the subframe.

Accident was reported October 15th, 2012 at I believe 55,000kms.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.