STS-V's are on the assembly line!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, STS-V's are on the assembly line! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Wait! Been working on these cars in the plant and I must say the STS-V is the fastest, sweetest car ...
    Dualcams34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

STS-V's are on the assembly line!

Wait!

Been working on these cars in the plant and I must say the STS-V is the fastest, sweetest car I have ever driven. If your thinking about a STS-V It will be worth your wait! They are going together very well, very few problems, fit and finish is the best. They run like and sound so good.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: STS-V's are on the assembly line!

Quote Originally Posted by Dualcams34
    Wait!

Been working on these cars in the plant and I must say the STS-V is the fastest, sweetest car I have ever driven. If your thinking about a STS-V It will be worth your wait! They are going together very well, very few problems, fit and finish is the best. They run like and sound so good.
    For the update and for building such great cars!

How about some inside scoop on 0-60 and 1/4 mile times? Should be equal to or a bit better then the CTS-V, no?

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

i thought these were coming for the end of the year. ill assume these arent saleable units but it would seem we might see some production in the next few months

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

This will be the car for the competition to watch! I know they will do Cadillac proud.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    i thought these were coming for the end of the year. ill assume these arent saleable units but it would seem we might see some production in the next few months
    i think your right , i toured bowling green 5 months before the first XLR was sold , yet they were putting them together right there int he plant on what looked like a paralell line ....the our guide wouldnt talk about them , i asked her "hey are those the XLRs she said "nope those are corvettes" i said "with northstars ?" she smiled ....

my uncle told me the plant guys get to drive all these and like try to break them ...he came down from ft wayne assembly just to take a spin in one ...

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Should I really believe this?

I thought we heard production was slated to start in September.

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

They have to build evaluation vehicles, emission certification cars, and crash test cars before they can go on sale to the public. That is what these are, they are not dealer orders yet.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Ok then, so really are they "on the line" yet? These sound like more test mules to me.

Not that I care, I want these cars produced ASAP.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

they are rolling off the line , but not for public consumption , this is what GM interianlly calls the pre production prototype where they get the assembly line glitches out...so yes cars are most liekly on the line , the timing is right as they have to build i belive at least 100 before selling car #1 to the public ...all told i belive the c5 program went thru 150+ cars before car #1 was made (includeing the hand built cars alhpa and beta before they went to assembly line cars)..toyota builds 500 corollas before anew corolla see the light of day on your dealers lot ...

VMACHYN is offline Cadillac Owners Member

These are currently non-salable manufacturing validation vehicles that will be utilized by various engineering functions to confirm performance and durability characteristics. Some may find their way into the captured test fleet, none will be sold to the public. Start of Production remains slated for September of this year.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneage_Caddy
    they are rolling off the line , but not for public consumption , this is what GM interianlly calls the pre production prototype where they get the assembly line glitches out...so yes cars are most liekly on the line , the timing is right as they have to build i belive at least 100 before selling car #1 to the public ...all told i belive the c5 program went thru 150+ cars before car #1 was made (includeing the hand built cars alhpa and beta before they went to assembly line cars)..toyota builds 500 corollas before anew corolla see the light of day on your dealers lot ...
    Interesting... You would think that with 100 or so CTS-V's rolling around back before they came out SOMEONE would have run across some of the more pressing issues like the differential problems those guys are having.

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Lansing Grand River needs to make these and all Cadillac's perfecto ! There can be no cars rolling off line that has any fit & finish problem's and all systems need to be bullet proof.

Cadillac craftsman (& craftswoman) , your a step or two away from building the best, highest quailty car's in the world, again. As a customer I say "Thank You" and Congratulations in advance !

That said I am afraid I may be tempted to consider a STS-V. My 1SG STS-4 is just an outstanding performance/luxury car, but 440 hp and the aggrssive styling of that V, hmmm, how much for a trade in deal?

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by DG2
    Lansing Grand River needs to make these and all Cadillac's perfecto ! There can be no cars rolling off line that has any fit & finish problem's and all systems need to be bullet proof.
    Couldn't agree more. Lansing turned out many early SRXes with the worst fit ( front doors, hood, fenders and grill) that I have seen since the 1975 Dodge van.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

These will be the exact same as the production cars as long as nothing goes wrong. When they build cars for testing like this they have to be built to production specs. These cars should also give us the SAE official HP numbers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.