STS-V Ghost Tune Video: What Gives?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, STS-V Ghost Tune Video: What Gives? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Ok, what's the scoop on this? I know about the other tuning stuff like madtuning, but have never seen a ...
    james6speed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 STS 1SG ~ '13 Sonic RS Turbo ~ '87 944 Turbo

STS-V Ghost Tune Video: What Gives?

Ok, what's the scoop on this? I know about the other tuning stuff like madtuning, but have never seen a "Ghost Tune" on a N*

Anyone on here? Is this a Trifecta Tune?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9bsbcRp_tA

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by james6speed
    Ok, what's the scoop on this? I know about the other tuning stuff like madtuning, but have never seen a "Ghost Tune" on a N*

Anyone on here? Is this a Trifecta Tune?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9bsbcRp_tA
    That guy is in Pittsburgh. Does a lot of LSx tuning. Probably messed with the VVT to give the choppy idle effect of having a cam. Lots of places tune the 4.4 LC3 N*. Only hp tuners has the 07+ LH2 and only madtuner covers the 05+ LH2.

Re: STS-V Ghost Tune Video: What Gives?

Which do you prefer if for performance for the +07 LH2? Assuming the car is stock. There's a wicked sounding late Camaro SS with the license plate "NA" running around with a tune that is chopper... or it's just got a very long duration cam in it LOL. Either way, it would be cool to roll up to a light with a q-ship STS with an idle like that.

I test bed madtuner tunes in my 05 and have been nothing short of satisfied by it.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

I had mine done by Speed Inc. on their DynoJet. No issues here.

...So I asked Domin8 Tuning about this tune. Here is how this went for my LH2.

Hi James, as long as our software supports the ECM in that car, it would be possible to do (2007 and up only support the 4.6). But, to notice it, you need a very free flowing exhaust and no cats or high flow cats. On cars that still have stock cats and a quiet exhaust, its not as noticeable.

Any other questions, let us know.

Jake

Thanks, the car is a equipped with a Corsa catback, and Volant intake system, so It does have a little rumble to it.

Not sure that qualifies as not stock though. Does the tune increase performance as well?

With the corsa exhaust, you should notice the cam lope...

A typical tune will net you approx 15 - 25 hp, but the trans tune is where you'll notice the most improvement. By adjusting the shift points to keep the car in the powerband, the car will feel much more responsive, etc..

As for price, street tunes are $250 and a full dyno tune is around $500.

Any other questions, let me know!

Thanks,

Jake

Jake,

What about gas mileage? How is this affected by both tunes? Does it go up or down? Also, is this something that I can complete on my own? I am looking to improve the mileage as well.

Thanks,

Typically a tune should not drastically change the fuel economy. Best case, it might go up slightly, but shouldnt go down. Now with that said, everyone gets worse mileage after a tune since they are enjoying the new power and pushing the car harder! But once that wears off, everything should settle back down lol.

A tune can also be geared with fuel economy in mind too. Instead of raising shift points etc, they can be lowered and have the converter lock earlier. That will help get a little more out of it, but the negative is that the car could feel a little less reponsive, and lug a little more.

Unfortunately there's always the catch lol. More power/fun typically comes at the expense of lower mpgs.

I actually do not do any "remote" tuning at this time, and instead spend a few hours hands on with each car working with the owner to dial everything in for them until they are happy.

Are you located in pittsburgh?

No sir, Cincinnati.

Yea, that might be a little far!

Not to lose a customer, but I know that the guys at Cincy Speed have knocked out some great work over there, and right in your area.

Good luck with the car & feel free to ask any other questions!

Just in case anyone on here cares to know about it.

Madtuner can do the same thing for 04-06 N* ECMs as well as 07 through mail order.

Not to bash domin8 because as I said he is local to me and does great work but no fwd or LH2 N* is picking 15-25 HP off a tune maybe an LC3.

I figured that, but I didn't want to throw the quite yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.