Playing music in my 07 stsv
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Playing music in my 07 stsv in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey guys, How are y'all listening to music via ur iPhone? Can't get Bluetooth to work, and no basic aux ...
    tumblrCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTSex

Playing music in my 07 stsv

Hey guys,
    How are y'all listening to music via ur iPhone?
    Can't get Bluetooth to work, and no basic aux input for basic audio cord.
    What are my options?? Miss my music lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

evmcman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Playing music in my 07 stsv

Hey there, I think you are looking for the kit I list below. Not sure if it's the exact one you want, there are a couple options depending if you want aux Bluetooth sat radio etc. I've never ordered from the site listed, just pretty sure that's the only one to do what you want... Also in my car the Bluetooth only does phone calls so I assume it's the same for yours.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=16232

264WOODY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V

I've had the same problem with bluetooth with my 07' STS-V, so i just use an ipod cable that goes to audio/video and use the inputs in the center console, i believe you use the video button on the aux. screen. works with a minor static problem, but think that is due to a cheap cable. i'm sure the above unit works as well but seems a little overkill to me, that and i'm on a budget now that i spend three times as much on gas as i used to (due to the awesomeness of this car!).

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

This is what I'm using pluged into the c.c. jack.
    http://www.cellphoneshop.net/auviaca...FfA7MgodjGoA9Q
    Works great but still requires the user to operate the device functions with the device. Also works to play video and charge the device with the use of a USB charger.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Quote Originally Posted by 264WOODY View Post
    I've had the same problem with bluetooth with my 07' STS-V, so i just use an ipod cable that goes to audio/video and use the inputs in the center console, i believe you use the video button on the aux. screen. works with a minor static problem, but think that is due to a cheap cable. i'm sure the above unit works as well but seems a little overkill to me, that and i'm on a budget now that i spend three times as much on gas as i used to (due to the awesomeness of this car!).
    It's not a problem with the Bluetooth. The Bluetooth in the sts was never designed to play music.

Not sure why there is static. The only time I have issues with static is if I try to play music with the audio cables, the same way you do, WHILE trying to charge my phone through the 12v with adapter.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    The only time I have issues with static is if I try to play music with the audio cables, the same way you do, WHILE trying to charge my phone through the 12v with adapter.
    I had this problem with the 3mm (head phone) jack. Switched over to the din style unit and now never hear any static.

Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

I use the Griffin AutoPilot GC17048 Auto Adapter - For iPod and then have a mini jack convert to RCA's . . works great with my iPod and iPhone . .

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    It's not a problem with the Bluetooth. The Bluetooth in the sts was never designed to play music. Not sure why there is static. The only time I have issues with static is if I try to play music with the audio cables, the same way you do, WHILE trying to charge my phone through the 12v with adapter.
    Agreed not a problem, poor choice of words. And that is the same cable I'm using.

Guy, once again you have given me a simple but useful solution. I don't know why I never tried to play the music without charging, but sound is perfect without charging. I seem to overlook the obvious sometimes. Thank you again, You're the MAN!

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Hahha!! Glad it worked out.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    The charging of the phone typically causes a ground loop to occur. With this being a 5v charging and the car being ~11-15v depending on battery condition and charging needs of the car the various voltages make a lot of like noise that gets pushed into the phone that the analog output cannot cope with.

More expensive setups include ground loop isolators and / or use the digital out from the phone to avoid noise.

The iSimple audio gateway adds zero noise while charging my iPhone and playing Pandora or local music on the device through the car's XM interface.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.