Utlimate goal - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Utlimate goal in Cadillac V-Series Forums; That's what I've said before. It's the thermal exchange in the laminer cores of the intercooler that sucks. Just adding ...
    CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Re: Utlimate goal

That's what I've said before. It's the thermal exchange in the laminer cores of the intercooler that sucks.

Just adding a bigger cooler and pump, just means you get to push more water around. Hopefully because it is a bigger capacity and quicker pumping getting cooler liquid to the cores, and getting the hot stuff back, but...

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

The meth lowers the iat2 buy 10-15 for the 08 car stock boost level our less lol. And 30-40 for the 06 that had 20psi and 200*iat2 on a 75* night. So it helps with the higher boost cars. But most are only 1-2 psi oner stock not 6-7. And I had a 4 gal cell in the truck and needed to fill it every 2 weeks only driving 300-400 miles in that time. The 08 only holds 1.5g and I run it out in a day so I turned it off. We get in to boost so fast it sprays all the time. The 06 was a progressive kit so that helped a little but that's more $$$ up frount. Just some things to think abought.

Loner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 DTS, 1997 Deville, 1983 Deville D'Elegance, 62 Deville

I am not really sure why everyone is trying to treat this setup any different from say an 03-04 Cobra? Or even the ZR1 blower. The Cobra has DOHC, just like the Caddy, and it is almost the same CID, AND has a factory supercharger with nearly the same setup. Heat soak is always going to be an issue with ANY supercharger. There is always a normal process with every boosted application. Too many people try to skip to the end. Of course a whipple or better design s/c would be beneficial, but with a somewhat limited aftermarket and too many directions to follow, it just seems like the whole thing gets strung out in 9 diff directions.

Just my .02 but its not rocket surgery.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

Quote Originally Posted by Loner View Post
    I am not really sure why everyone is trying to treat this setup any different from say an 03-04 Cobra? Or even the ZR1 blower. The Cobra has DOHC, just like the Caddy, and it is almost the same CID, AND has a factory supercharger with nearly the same setup. Heat soak is always going to be an issue with ANY supercharger. There is always a normal process with every boosted application. Too many people try to skip to the end. Of course a whipple or better design s/c would be beneficial, but with a somewhat limited aftermarket and too many directions to follow, it just seems like the whole thing gets strung out in 9 diff directions.

Just my .02 but its not rocket surgery.
    You should probably do some reading before you assume that we're all newbies. Many of us aren't.
    GizmoQ likes this.

I did read. Assuming goes both ways.

I do appreciate how you skirted my actual points though.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

I did read. Assuming goes both ways.

I do appreciate how you skirted my actual points though.
    I did that because all the info is on this forum. I've done more testing and development on this car than anyone and to insinuate that I'm going about it all wrong is insulting. If you have something to add to the discussion, go ahead.

Its ok, ill just lurk some more and watch. It is all very interesting. I am sure there are others out there whom have done quite a bit as well, but they possibly have just not posted it up on a forum.

----------

You cant answer my direct questions with even a link?

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

The cobra and ZR1 don't use a laminova intercooler...

So the ZR1 doesnt pass the coolant through blocks in the upper portion of the supercharger setup through a heat interchange brick which is similar to the way the STS-V charger is set up? Even the talking points of the "laminova" heat exchanger appear to be better than the blocks in the ZR1 charger.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Its ok, ill just lurk some more and watch. It is all very interesting. I am sure there are others out there whom have done quite a bit as well, but they possibly have just not posted it up on a forum.

----------

You cant answer my direct questions with even a link?
    I am sure you a wrong about this. Might be a reason why he creates the parts for this car when none else is.. I'd say that most likely constitutes you being a little off base.
    264WOODY likes this.

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

They are both air to water under blower units. That doesn't speak a thing about performance from one to another, nor with respect to upgraded cobra intercooler.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

What were the crucial points that Tim skipped? I didn't see any points made for him to skip.

Regardless of application, S/C make heat. We get that. It's now a "how do you get heat OUT of it!" and that is what many here (Tim being one of them), have tried to solve, using methods similar to those other applications, and they don't seem to hit pay dirt.

No one here has jumped to an end conclusion.

I still stand by the point that running each of the 4 cores in parallel (vs. 2 in a series), would create the biggest benefit. The problem is, cost. With only 2,500 cars made with this engine, 3k if you include the XLR-V, your market of those interested is extremely small, and probably not worth the R&D to create the necessary components on either end of the intercooler, to make the change. That's not skirting anything. That's trying to find a solution that addresses the problem!
    Nimoch and 264WOODY like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.