Utlimate goal - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Utlimate goal in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by OMG-V What do you think about this Australian SC muscle? http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.../au/W457-W497/ I love all those things. Danial ...
    CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Re: Utlimate goal

Quote Originally Posted by OMG-V View Post
    What do you think about this Australian SC muscle?
    http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.../au/W457-W497/
    I love all those things.

Danial Linnet (on the G8Board), came to Chicago (well Indiana and Linenfelter), to buy one of the techs, blown G8 GT a couple years back. That car was absolutely bad ass! He turned around recently and had it up for sale!

neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V mostly stock
    The way those castings are designed is so that the coolant flows into those laminer cores 831 x4, where there are two in series with each other. Basically Dexcool flows into core #1, then core #2, then out and back to the I/C radiator. Repeat this process for the other two cores. Well in each of those series, if the coolant absorbs the heat from the first core, what is it NOT doing when it hits the second core... Nothing! So unless you (the O.P.) have your own, personal CNC machine, or know someone that does, that can create parts #836 and #837 in a way to get the coolant to run indivdually and then letting each core have it's own coolant, you're sitting here like the rest of us...
    I kinda have to wonder if maybe it could be fitted to run freon instead of dexcool. Obviously would need a freon-friendly pump and a separate cooler, but maybe...?

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by neurotictim View Post
    I kinda have to wonder if maybe it could be fitted to run freon instead of dexcool. Obviously would need a freon-friendly pump and a separate cooler, but maybe...?
    Next best thing: Active Interchiller Super Chiller.

In race mode, my IC coolant temp is 39* on an 80* day.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

^ I've been trying to get that for months. Between moving shops and his backlog of work, I keep getting put off. One day he'll hopefully free up and be willing to do a STS.

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    Seems to be a lot of people saying he said she said with who makes a quality system n who invented it. Lol. I tried about a year ago to get at rx to.do one but after reading the owners own posts about online n other people trying to.screw him. I said I'll pass with all the drama

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

Quote Originally Posted by rbzstsv View Post
    Seems to be a lot of people saying he said she said with who makes a quality system n who invented it. Lol. I tried about a year ago to get at rx to.do one but after reading the owners own posts about online n other people trying to.screw him. I said I'll pass with all the drama
    huh? I can't follow this post at all, lol.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rbzstsv View Post
    huh? I can't follow this post at all, lol.
    Long story.

Short version is 2 vendors selling chillers (I got my Active InterChiller Super Chiller installed by Dave, STS_Chiller). 2 guys working together and part ways = 2 vendors, 2 opinions, one shop became 2 shops, 2 much drama between them. There were probably a dozen CTS-V installs done two years ago, unfortunately most of the RX Performance ones by SC2150 have since been removed for various problems. All of the STS_Chiller ones are still in except for one that I know of and that guy said it didn't help his 900+HP drag car, duh.

Dave has moved a couple times since and OBTW this is not his day job so scheduling his install or shipping to an authorized installer is an issue that he is trying to manage. As far as I know, he's never done an STS-V. So, like my XLR-V, he needs the first vehicle in his Tampa, FL shop to do the prototyping.

Whew! And that's the short version.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

I like the shorter story much better. So much he said she said in another forum it was getting to the point of just flaming lol. Some of those gto boys getting crazy on this topic

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

I've offered to take the car to FL. He said he only does it on the side on weekends, and it would take probably 2 weekends, meaning he needed the car for 2 to 3 weeks. I'm okay with that considering it is not a primary car for me, especially with winter around the corner. Just waiting on availability.

I talked to a friend who works at AMS (ran into him while our kids were trick or treating Thursday), and mentioned doing a meth injection and larger intercooler setup. So we will see come next spring.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I have meth on both my v,s the 06 and the 08 its a wast of money and time unless you take the time to pull the blower off and tap in post boost. Pre boost is not worth much gane.

I just want to use it to lower IAT2's. Not using it as a sole power adder.

I see iat2 around 20 to 40 above ambient temp with jabsco and heat exchanger by Tim. Before those iat2 was around 180+. Also before h.e. Back to back runs left me heat soaked as a s.o.b.

That's the issue. It isn't the cruising around IAT2's. Mine are the same as yours, 20 - 40 degrees more than IAT1's and that's the stock setup. It's after 2 - 3 WOT runs and they soar to 140*, and that's on a cool 40* night. In July or August?? I DON'T want to see them.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

The main purpose of the upgraded heat exchanger is recovery time. You'll gain a little from increased water capacity but the main limiter is the intercooler in the supercharger. Meth will help with IAT2 temps but it is another set of moving parts and another possible failure point. I haven't tested it myself so maybe it is a worthwhile mod.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.