Utlimate goal - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Utlimate goal in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Moving to CTSV might be a better option if you want more than 500. 4.4L can't compete with 6.2L...
    OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    Moving to CTSV might be a better option if you want more than 500. 4.4L can't compete with 6.2L

iLuvEasy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG-V
    Moving to CTSV might be a better option if you want more than 500. 4.4L can't compete with 6.2L
    Yeah OMG-V you're right I'm looking at G8 GXP and F350 diesels now more aftermarket parts and good prices

Jeez. Come on now. This is a Cadillac forum . Did I mention CTSV?

neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, stock. Blacked-Out 2007 CTS 3.6 "Odd One"
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    The biggest problem you'll run into is the supercharger itself. It does not have the capacity to move 700hp worth of air. I'm at 480 and I've seen 490rwhp a couple times. That's as high as anyone has gone with the stock supercharger

You have two options if you want 560rwhp: turbo or Whipple supercharger. I can do either one but neither are cheap. Email me at t_coel@yahoo.com to discuss.
    Come to think of it, I did see a build on a turbo forum where a guy ditched the supercharger and turbo'd the 4.4. I don't remember the numbers he got off hand - I wanna say he was seeing around 600 - but I'll see if I can dig up the link tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: Utlimate goal

Quote Originally Posted by neurotictim View Post
    Come to think of it, I did see a build on a turbo forum where a guy ditched the supercharger and turbo'd the 4.4. I don't remember the numbers he got off hand - I wanna say he was seeing around 600 - but I'll see if I can dig up the link tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Yeah, that was me. 575rwhp/621rwtq on pump gas.

But aren't you back to SC? Why? Or I misread something

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Yes, I swapped back to sc so I would have a test car for sc parts

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

Tim did you feel there was reason for concern regarding reliability with that setup?

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Here is the problem with the G8. Yes, it's a great car. It's a Holden. I love Holdens (own one as you can see), Have been active in the North American Holden community for >10 years, and am one of the originators of our local group... the Chicago Holden Connection. I love them, but outside of engine and transmission, if anything happens, it is equally expensive and equally difficult to get parts because many of those parts have to come from Australia. The current GMX282 platform (the G8's), are still ok now, but give them another five years, like my GMX281 car, and not only do parts get difficult to get due to geography, but also because Holden, or Holden's suppliers actually no longer make the part. So you're left to your own devices.

And god forbid you scratch it. Insurance will total it, because again, that body part has to come from... Australia.

But otherwise, yes, it too has a great LS3, M6 trans, RWD, and much bigger than even our STS.

My CV8-R wheels (Authentic Holden wheels), have more mileage on them, making the trip from Australia, to Hong Kong, to Anchorage, to Indianapolis, then finally to Chicago, than my car has in total, and it took almost a month to get here.

Anyway, the Chicago Holden Connection storms Woodward this year. This is Will's GXP, and My STS-V down at the old Packard Plant, then down at RenCen, and then our G8 gathering;

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

I didnt know Bill Gates joined the forum! Welcome.

Seriously though I assume you have his bankroll to fund this objective.

I suggest the CTS-V mod if you want 700 hp...

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

with heavy porting and pulley stuff, AND spray you can accomplish your goal. also, after talking with many ppl around, the biggest difference between the cobra mustangs and ours is the heads. everything with our engines seems to be stronger than theirs, MEANING, we should be able to hit levels they are. port the blower, get the 2.3/2.4 pulley, get the intake, add the headers, GET THE HEAT XCHANGER, and put a bottle on it. you WILL hit 560. i am currently at 430 on a VERY hot day after driving over an hour to get there, the blower was crazy hot and that was the bumbers it made. put a 50-75 on it, and youll be at right around 530. i do not have the headers, or the 2.4 pulley installed, and the car wasnt tuned for the heat xchanger that is on it now. just some food for thought here.

Quote Originally Posted by boomys10
    with heavy porting and pulley stuff, AND spray you can accomplish your goal. also, after talking with many ppl around, the biggest difference between the cobra mustangs and ours is the heads. everything with our engines seems to be stronger than theirs, MEANING, we should be able to hit levels they are. port the blower, get the 2.3/2.4 pulley, get the intake, add the headers, GET THE HEAT XCHANGER, and put a bottle on it. you WILL hit 560. i am currently at 430 on a VERY hot day after driving over an hour to get there, the blower was crazy hot and that was the bumbers it made. put a 50-75 on it, and youll be at right around 530. i do not have the headers, or the 2.4 pulley installed, and the car wasnt tuned for the heat xchanger that is on it now. just some food for thought here.
    What year is your STS and how many miles you have on it?

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57
    Here is the problem with the G8. Yes, it's a great car. It's a Holden. I love Holdens (own one as you can see), Have been active in the North American Holden community for >10 years, and am one of the originators of our local group... the Chicago Holden Connection. I love them, but outside of engine and transmission, if anything happens, it is equally expensive and equally difficult to get parts because many of those parts have to come from Australia. The current GMX282 platform (the G8's), are still ok now, but give them another five years, like my GMX281 car, and not only do parts get difficult to get due to geography, but also because Holden, or Holden's suppliers actually no longer make the part. So you're left to your own devices. And god forbid you scratch it. Insurance will total it, because again, that body part has to come from... Australia. But otherwise, yes, it too has a great LS3, M6 trans, RWD, and much bigger than even our STS. My CV8-R wheels (Authentic Holden wheels), have more mileage on them, making the trip from Australia, to Hong Kong, to Anchorage, to Indianapolis, then finally to Chicago, than my car has in total, and it took almost a month to get here. Anyway, the Chicago Holden Connection storms Woodward this year. This is Will's GXP, and My STS-V down at the old Packard Plant, then down at RenCen, and then our G8 gathering;
    What do you think about this Australian SC muscle?
    http://www.walkinshawperformance.com.../au/W457-W497/

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

You are going to spend $2000+ to get to 450-490 hp depending on dyno. For parts and labor and that's if it all works just right the first time. To get over 490 get out the money. I do not think even with spray your getting over 520-530. Spraying pre boost is going to make it less efficient. But that's how your are going to need to do it on this set up. The supercharger is the hold up for the most part. So you can get a mount made to run a deferent one our go turbo. But either one is 6k+ and then what else will brake at that hp. Rearend for shore and maybe your trans depending on miles on it and tuning. So I would say to get 550-570 hp your 10k in to it. With parts labor and tuning and a fue broke rears.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

you can take the charger off and put the ports into the intake runners. that will work there is enough room under the unit to accomplish it that way ryan. even with pre-boost you can spray a bigger shot to accomplish the goal. the engine itself shouldn't be the weak point, so try and see what happens. mine is an 06 with 103k now, but don't use mine as a reference, it seems to be the damned demon child of sts-v's. lol. however that will change, or I will go broke trying to make it change. the 6l80 will handle the power, just BE SURE to have your tuner not allow WOT pulls in 5 and 6 gear and your set, the first four are solid. also, the downshifts will ruine the tranny, not so much the upshifts. so what mine did was only allow for one downshift per gear, so from 4-3 not 4-2. its to big of a jump and will cause extra wear and tear. I raced mine 3-4 nights a week, min of 5 runs a night every week this year, EXCLUDING three when it was broke and being torn apart and rebuilt. maybe another 3 due to weather. I beat it up HARD.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.