rockauto sale
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, rockauto sale in Cadillac V-Series Forums; http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclef...l=en&html=true Only few things left.. Hopefully one of you guys can find something on sale you need!...
    rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv

rockauto sale

http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclef...l=en&html=true

Only few things left.. Hopefully one of you guys can find something on sale you need!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Re: rockauto sale

PF26 Oil Filters = $3.78. Dealer wants about $13 - $15 each.

I ordered 10.

raiders4u2nv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V Silver/ 2007 Escalade Silver/ 94 Corvette vert

Just ordered 5 oil filters and extra belt! Thanks for the info!

Even if you buy the filters at their normal price, that's already half-off!

I'm glad some other members are taking advantage of this also! I get most everything I can from rockauto, they send you emails when other parts stores liquidate inventory and or close! Most times they have the best prices with most selection.

I've purchased a few things over the years. I think the last thing was a new LED third brake light in for the Suburban that was about half the price of everywhere else.

creno is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Thanks for the info! Gotta bunch of filters and a t-stat.

Don't forget to enter a discount code like 1733170114654117 in the "how did you hear about us" box. Knocks another 5% off for an even better deal.

I got mine today. Came back from the grocery store, and a big box was on the front porch.

Anyway, I know why these were clearance and for so cheap...

These are the old, pre-filter core revision and the outsourcing of assembly to Champion Labs. They come in the red "AC Delco" boxes. All the new revised core filters produced by Champion Labs have the white "AC Delco" from what I recall.

No worries though (I know that'll be the next question). No one here will notice any issues with them. They will work just fine.

beyerch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I stopped ordering from RockAuto years ago.

I bought a complete set of exhaust hanger o-rings (the rubber pieces) and after driving for ~ 1 month the rubber pieces snapped right in half and the whole exhaust dropped on the expressway. After bringing this up to Rock Auto they essentially told me to pound sand as they didn't warranty them .......

They were advertised as "OEM" which had to be BS since I've never had an OEM part fail like that, especially 5 of them... at the same time....

FWIW.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Rockauto doesn't produce anything they sell, they're just a retailer. How and why would they warranty the products???

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Rockauto doesn't produce anything they sell, they're just a retailer. How and why would they warranty the products???
    Because I paid THEM for it.

Many retailers 'warranty/refund' the products directly and then work out a credit/refund with the manufacturer behind the scenes. It's good customer service.

Additionally, they didn't come back and say, "That sucks, sorry; however, please take it up with the manufacturer", either. They literally were like "Oh well, nothing we can do" and that was that. The lack of any empathy and willingness to even offer the most basic support really turned me off on them, big time.

I took photos of the O-rings (as it was obvious they all failed and were most likely defective -OR- I was sent the wrong ones which were not strong enough for the factory exhaust on the vehicle I ordered for) and pointed out that they should at a minimum look into it to ensure no one else bought them and had similar failures. They had no interest in it at all.....

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    They accept returns within 30 days unless the part is special ordered or discontinued. There are also no returns on installed parts. They don't offer warranties, they honor manufacturer warranties. This is all explained in detail on the site, and there are instructions, links to return forms, and individual manufacturer warranty information.

I doubt the exhaust hangers had any kind of warranty, and most places will not accept returns on installed parts. Unfortunate, but no fault of the seller.

Once again......

Their complete and utter lack of empathy or concern about the fact that these parts completely failed in LESS THAN 30 days was the last straw for me. I offered to send them pictures of the failed parts and asked them to follow up with the manufacturer to ensure that they were not selling bad parts. They had *ZERO* interest.

I really didn't even care about getting money back, honestly. I was PO'd that the parts failed, and I was hugely PO'd that they didn't seem to care at all about taking it up with anyone. If it were my company selling a part and a customer pointed out a failure like that, I'd make some effort to look into it. It's pretty hard to incorrectly install a friggin' rubber exhaust o-ring after all....

NOTE: I asked before ordering to confirm the proper part number and to confirm that they were OEM units. They confirmed both of these points. As the original OEM's lasted for ~10 years (and never failed, just wore out and loosened up) and the replacement OEM's I put on lasted another 2 years before I sold that vehicle, it's highly unlikely they were selling OEM parts. (or they were defective)

Was a shady deal all around given how it was handled.

parkeraire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' sts-v

Once again, price wins out over customer care. THANKS WAL-MART!

That's like attacking Amazon for being a middle man... Or UPS for the product you ordered. Sorry man crappy situation but I don't think it's on them. Wish you would have had a better experience.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.