2006 STS-V new owner - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2006 STS-V new owner in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Thanks Laura, I think it's value added for the brand that Cadillac customer service does interact on these forums. On ...
    HitUpOlas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V and SRX

Re: 2006 STS-V new owner

Thanks Laura, I think it's value added for the brand that Cadillac customer service does interact on these forums.

On another note, just supported Cadillac some more by purchasing $380 in parts from Chris at Rippy Cadillac. I've got to say that guy is thorough and was of great help. Bought all three engine belts, spark plugs, drivers door car side seal, both front door interior door handles (chrome chipping). He spent extra time to gave me his price on a few other items as well... I'm going to go junkyard hunting for some trim soon I think.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Looking for a heated steering wheel I take it?

Remember the one belt (the main accessory drive belt), is a double sided grooved belt. The fun is all in the power steering pulley.

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    Looking for a heated steering wheel I take it?

Remember the one belt (the main accessory drive belt), is a double sided grooved belt. The fun is all in the power steering pulley.
    Going to look at all-data tonight on the belts, any extra advise?
    As far as the steering wheel, along with the heating element, the switch for the volume backlight is also done. I saw the post on replacing the bulb but if I can score a good replacement wheel, yes I will be looking. I don't like the fact that with the heated wheel the preset radio switch button is lost. I'm going look into how the harness to the wheel interacts. Maybe go with a wheel without heat that has the switch or the 08 plus wheel looks great but probably will require a whole harness from the head unit to the wheel. This project will be way down on my list of things to do.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

How many miles are on your car?

A lot of miles; probably the most of any STSV. Previous owner drove it every other week from TX to OH. Got the car for a VERY low price. It did have an extended warranty on it till July of this year.

Looked at all data for the steering wheel. looks like the steering wheel switches each send their respective resitance to the steering wheel control module. The wiring diagram shows the 06-07 have a single 8pin connector. The 08 up use the same 8pin connector but it is for the cruise control and heated steering wheel inputs and an additional 5pin connector that is used for the radio. I'm not trying to run a new harness but I may try to buy a 06-07 non heated steering wheel or switch assy and see what happens. Here in Atlanta a heated wheel would be used for maybe 30 days instead of the preset switch which I would use daily.

Yea, if you can find a used wheel that works, that is your only option. But regular STS's use a wood grain trimmed wheel. So right away you've limited your used options because if you want to keep the all leather wheel, you're limited to the V's (either STS or CTS as I believe the later is the same wheel).

As to the belts, the main belt is a double ribbed belt and to get it over the power steering pulley, you have to reach under the pump and put it on from the back side of the pulley if I recall.

Ctsv don't have heated wheels.

Well scratch that then. I though they were all the same.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by HitUpOlas View Post
    Thanks Laura, I think it's value added for the brand that Cadillac customer service does interact on these forums.

On another note, just supported Cadillac some more by purchasing $380 in parts from Chris at Rippy Cadillac. I've got to say that guy is thorough and was of great help. Bought all three engine belts, spark plugs, drivers door car side seal, both front door interior door handles (chrome chipping). He spent extra time to gave me his price on a few other items as well... I'm going to go junkyard hunting for some trim soon I think.
    You are welcome, HitUpOlas. We are happy to monitor the forums and assist our customers! I am glad you were able to find someone help you purchase parts for your vehicle. If any questions arise, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

I bought 3m carbon fiber film and had a buddy of mine put in over the red and yellow parts of the v emblems due to mine being faded as well did both v emblems on sides and one on the back looks good and clean and was like 10 bucks for sheet of the 3m film and still have ton left

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Ctsv got heated wheel I believe starting in 2012. Buttons are different though. For one, the traction control is on the steering wheel.

The whole wheel is different than ours.

From what I've seen the 05-07 STS, CTS, SRX and XLR wheels appear to be interchangable pending the different options and trim. I ordered off ebay a "best offer" wheel that was all black leather for $40 shipped. This wheel does not have the heated wheel switch but instead the scan 1-6 preset switch. If you have a dead heater in your wheel or live in a warm weather state this may be a better optioned wheel for you. I'll let everyone know if this works.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguyssn View Post
    I bought 3m carbon fiber film and had a buddy of mine put in over the red and yellow parts of the v emblems due to mine being faded as well did both v emblems on sides and one on the back looks good and clean and was like 10 bucks for sheet of the 3m film and still have ton left
    Hate to let everyone know but China has broken into the V badge replica world. $7 shipped on ebay. I also saw some badges with your caron fiber idea listed on there as well.

The china v badges are 1/2 the size I have one on the back window on my Tahoe next to a c5 sticker. They are very different when side by size even the style is different. The yellow is a different shade also.

I did by badges in red over the crome and then carbon fiber over the center. Looks real good on thunder gray and it goes with my red brakes. And I also the have tango interior with all the wood now in carbon fiber.my hood and fenders also have carbon fiber on them so I all blends too gether.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

I believe the cts-v 2 wheel had a thicker rim.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.