Cadillac Owners Forum banner

STS-V owners registry

137K views 534 replies 140 participants last post by  Cadylak 
#1 · (Edited)
ALL: I appreciate all the interest in this as I continue to get emails as of recent. However, I am no longer doing this and it was passed off to @JWitt awhile ago. I am not sure if he has kept up with it or not. Sending me your info or making inquiries won't do anything as I don't have the latest/greatest info. I would suggest contacting him for adding your vehicle or making inquiries.

Thank you.

STS-V owners’ registry

So I have not seen anything like this on here, and I figure with only 2,503 vehicles produced over 4 model years, it might be nice to track all the STS-V’s we can. I hope this does not break any site rules. If so, please let me know as that is not my intention.

Anyway, I see stuff like this for other limited production vehicles (namely, just recently the G8 GXP registry), and thought I’d like to attempt this for our cars. It would make nice when tracking back, especially as these are being flipped and new people are buying them second and sometimes third hand. It will also help us to identify who has what number in line each year.

So what do I need from you?

• Your VIN#: This will help when tracking the actual vehicles as they change hands. If you’re worried about giving out your VIN#, I don’t see why. You probably post more personal stuff on your Face book page!
• Exterior color: Self Explanatory
• Interior color: Self Explanatory
• Your name: I will hide last names on purpose, but we need a name to the car.
• Location: City is fine. The nearest major metro area can be used to. I am not asking for your actual address. For instance, I will just list Myself as “Chicago”.
• Screen name: Since the bulk of these will be sourced from here, you probably have a screen name, right?

Please note, I am not asking for anything personal. I’m not asking for your SSN, bank accounts, G/F or Wife’s measurements (although if you wish to add them and send pics for proof, I won’t refuse them), etc. I will have additional columns for previous owners as these cars flip and someone says, “Hey, I have VIN#.......”. I am not going to sell anything to anyone, and I am NOT profiting on this. I am doing this of my own free will.

I am doing this in Excel, have all 2,503 broken out by respective year (2006 = 1,306, 2007 = 642, 2008 = 459, & 2009 = 96)
Please respond to me via email @ CMNTMXR57@aol.com, and include in the subject line “STS-V Registry”, this way I know who to read and what might be spam.

Thanks.

See less See more
#5 ·
Re: STS-V owners’ registry

I have compiled the 2009 vin build list, based on vin sequence.
I have identified 93 of the 96 cars.
I am looking for 3 cars.
car 1-export-silver/red-1 of 2
car 2-export-black/red-1 of 1 with rpo mam
car 3-domestic-black/black-1 of 6
The exports are in Doha, Qatar.
Can anyone help?
Benny

#9 ·

I have compiled the 2009 vin build list, based on vin sequence.
I have identified 93 of the 96 cars.
I am looking for 3 cars.
car 1-export-silver/red-1 of 2
car 2-export-black/red-1 of 1 with rpo mam
car 3-domestic-black/black-1 of 6
The exports are in Doha, Qatar.
Can anyone help?
Benny
Benny,

I have 2009 vin 1G6DX67D690141437.
Also are you willing to share your build list? Mine is a nc car soon to be ny car.

Cmnt, ill email you shortly.

----------

Email sent. Benny, were you tracking my car?

#55 ·
#7 ·

There are like ten up for sale on the net. You can get the info from the dealer and identify what cars our for sale now. I'm looking to buy one this week and the vin is 4T1BK46K97U541291 silver with black interior. 58218 miles. 2 owner located in flint, MI. No mods.....yet. Any info on the car would be great.

#10 ·

Guy

The V build number of your car is in the range of 70-73
Your car and my car were probably ordered together as your order# ends in 36, and mine ends in 35, same dealership.
Your color combo is 1 of 27 cars

Benny

----------

Qatar 2009 sts-v here's one
http://www.carsemsar.com/en/qatar/listing/2009-cadillac-sts-sts-v.html
Benny

#12 ·
#15 · (Edited)

Did the export cars NOT get a roof mounted antenna?
...no...!
--->"clean" roof :D
...sigma-based export sts and sts-v for europe or middle east (and most other export countries) never got the roof antenna....there is no OnStar or XM/"satellite" radio...(in europe we got a TV-module with a hidden antenna system)

#20 ·

I was going to post that if you are a previous owner, also please post up (heck it may be one of the few I have from AutoTrader already).

Adding yours Ryan.

Seems as though 2008 has the most Ebony/Tango Red interiors so far at 3.

#23 ·

2008 silver with ebony/grey interior located near Riverside CA. I'll send vin info once I'm back from this business trip...
I know this car was last registered in FL. I found her at a Cadillac dealer in Victorville CA.
06 STS rob refers to my V6 that I sold for the V

#27 ·

In the beginning, I did the same to find cars.
Then, I played with the vins. In doing so, I learned to count vin.
I have not counted in a while, but goes something like this.
Sequence advances 1, check digit add 2,
reach 10, subtract 4,
reach 100, add 1,
reach 1000, add 1,
reach 10000, add 1.
Don't hold me to this, but once you get the hang of it, its repeative.
1 3 5 7 9 0 2 4 6 8 x, repeat.
Start with a known vin, and practice. It's a jolt when you find one.
Try doing this for some 70000+ vins, repeating some 2-3 times.
Definitely food for burnout, but it can be done, I did it.
If you can get several people, you can break it up, say 10 people doing 10000 vins each.
Search the vins on one of the vin checking sites.
Once you have the vins, there are sites where you can get invoices and rpos.
Using this method, I found some 70-80% of the cars.
Benny

#29 ·

Benny, are you saying that a "V" was a certain sequence each and every time? I'm not sure I'm following. I thought it was just as orders came in, TPW's are issued, then as they come out of que and come down the line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.