Cadillac Owners Forum banner

STS-V owners registry

137K views 534 replies 140 participants last post by  Cadylak 
#1 · (Edited)
ALL: I appreciate all the interest in this as I continue to get emails as of recent. However, I am no longer doing this and it was passed off to @JWitt awhile ago. I am not sure if he has kept up with it or not. Sending me your info or making inquiries won't do anything as I don't have the latest/greatest info. I would suggest contacting him for adding your vehicle or making inquiries.

Thank you.

STS-V owners’ registry

So I have not seen anything like this on here, and I figure with only 2,503 vehicles produced over 4 model years, it might be nice to track all the STS-V’s we can. I hope this does not break any site rules. If so, please let me know as that is not my intention.

Anyway, I see stuff like this for other limited production vehicles (namely, just recently the G8 GXP registry), and thought I’d like to attempt this for our cars. It would make nice when tracking back, especially as these are being flipped and new people are buying them second and sometimes third hand. It will also help us to identify who has what number in line each year.

So what do I need from you?

• Your VIN#: This will help when tracking the actual vehicles as they change hands. If you’re worried about giving out your VIN#, I don’t see why. You probably post more personal stuff on your Face book page!
• Exterior color: Self Explanatory
• Interior color: Self Explanatory
• Your name: I will hide last names on purpose, but we need a name to the car.
• Location: City is fine. The nearest major metro area can be used to. I am not asking for your actual address. For instance, I will just list Myself as “Chicago”.
• Screen name: Since the bulk of these will be sourced from here, you probably have a screen name, right?

Please note, I am not asking for anything personal. I’m not asking for your SSN, bank accounts, G/F or Wife’s measurements (although if you wish to add them and send pics for proof, I won’t refuse them), etc. I will have additional columns for previous owners as these cars flip and someone says, “Hey, I have VIN#.......”. I am not going to sell anything to anyone, and I am NOT profiting on this. I am doing this of my own free will.

I am doing this in Excel, have all 2,503 broken out by respective year (2006 = 1,306, 2007 = 642, 2008 = 459, & 2009 = 96)
Please respond to me via email @ CMNTMXR57@aol.com, and include in the subject line “STS-V Registry”, this way I know who to read and what might be spam.

Thanks.

See less See more
#30 ·
Re: STS-V owners’ registry

There is no pattern to v production. It is random, mixed in with other "D" body production.
The v vins can range from 2 cars apart, or several thousand cars.
I was talking about the check digit that has a repeating pattern as the sequence number advances.
Benny

#33 ·

LOL. No my car hasnt been repainted. I just keep it garaged and clean all the time.

----------

I have compiled the 2009 vin build list, based on vin sequence.
I have identified 93 of the 96 cars.
I am looking for 3 cars.
car 1-export-silver/red-1 of 2
car 2-export-black/red-1 of 1 with rpo mam
car 3-domestic-black/black-1 of 6
The exports are in Doha, Qatar.
Can anyone help?
Benny
Hello. I am the black on black your missing. Im new here - greetings to all.

#36 ·

Yes I learned about this recently. It was a 09 only option and it's like the black diamond tricoat. It may even be the same paint only with a different name. Not sure on that one. Anyway, it was a $$ paint option as it is today and only 3 sts-vs were ordered with this paint.

----------

And I think all 3 are on the forums now??

#39 ·

There was a black ext/black int 2008 for sale in Atlanta a couple years ago when I was searching for mine. Vin # 1G6DX67D980105336, it had 63,718 miles on it at the time. It was apparently hit on the driverside, the door was replaced, and there was bondo chipping off inside the door jam. The body was in MUCH rougher shape than pictures lead me to believe. I walked away the moment I opened the door, a waste of my 4hr drive, but I wanted to post about it here to add it to the list. A quick search for the vin shows it may still be for sale? Buyer Beware

#40 · (Edited)

Ray, I do not know if I have any email from you. I know I've seen Black called Black Ice before, I thought it was just another name given for Black Raven. So if this is a specific color and you have it, I will need to make note of it because I've just been calling all black cars "Black Raven"

Glenn, disregard my reply back to you asking for color combos, I took it from above.

That wrecked one in Atlanta is not currently for sale evidently as it is not a match with anything I currently have. But I have added it and noted drivers side damage that was repaired.

Side note: I sent Laura a PM to see if I could sweet talk her into seeing if she could get all 2,503 VIN#'s. That would be a great addition to the list. Having all cars identified via VIN then just back filling people/members to match them as they come in.

#46 · (Edited)

Here are the exterior/interior color combinations for the 2009 sts-v

EXT INT AMT

17U/134 (9)
17U/194 (7)
17U/674 (4)

30U/134 (6)
30U/194 (8)
30U/674 (0)

41U/134 (5)
41U/194 (27)
41U/674 (8)

58U/134 (2)
58U/194 (17)
58U/674 (3)

17U RADIANT SILVER (20)
30U THUNDER GRAY CHROMAFLAIR (14) $995 OPTION
41U BLACK RAVEN (40)
58U BLACK ICE (22) $495 OPTION

134 LIGHT GRAY (22)
194 EBONY BLACK (59)
674 TANGO RED/BLACK (15)

Benny

----------

MAM is an RPO code for MARKETING AREA MIDDLE EAST MIDDLE EAST(MAM)
There was only one 2009 STS-V produced with this code.
This car is on my unidentified list.
If anyone happens upon this car, please send me the vin.
Benny

#54 ·

Yours is due to the toe-in issue you mention though. Postive camber and toe-in drive outside edge wear.

You'll love the DWS's. I have both the DW's and the DWS's. Amazing tires for the price. I'm thinking in the next weekend or two swapping the DWS's back on... Winter is coming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.