Cadillac Owners Forum banner

STS-V owners registry

137K views 534 replies 140 participants last post by  Cadylak 
#1 · (Edited)
ALL: I appreciate all the interest in this as I continue to get emails as of recent. However, I am no longer doing this and it was passed off to @JWitt awhile ago. I am not sure if he has kept up with it or not. Sending me your info or making inquiries won't do anything as I don't have the latest/greatest info. I would suggest contacting him for adding your vehicle or making inquiries.

Thank you.

STS-V owners’ registry

So I have not seen anything like this on here, and I figure with only 2,503 vehicles produced over 4 model years, it might be nice to track all the STS-V’s we can. I hope this does not break any site rules. If so, please let me know as that is not my intention.

Anyway, I see stuff like this for other limited production vehicles (namely, just recently the G8 GXP registry), and thought I’d like to attempt this for our cars. It would make nice when tracking back, especially as these are being flipped and new people are buying them second and sometimes third hand. It will also help us to identify who has what number in line each year.

So what do I need from you?

• Your VIN#: This will help when tracking the actual vehicles as they change hands. If you’re worried about giving out your VIN#, I don’t see why. You probably post more personal stuff on your Face book page!
• Exterior color: Self Explanatory
• Interior color: Self Explanatory
• Your name: I will hide last names on purpose, but we need a name to the car.
• Location: City is fine. The nearest major metro area can be used to. I am not asking for your actual address. For instance, I will just list Myself as “Chicago”.
• Screen name: Since the bulk of these will be sourced from here, you probably have a screen name, right?

Please note, I am not asking for anything personal. I’m not asking for your SSN, bank accounts, G/F or Wife’s measurements (although if you wish to add them and send pics for proof, I won’t refuse them), etc. I will have additional columns for previous owners as these cars flip and someone says, “Hey, I have VIN#.......”. I am not going to sell anything to anyone, and I am NOT profiting on this. I am doing this of my own free will.

I am doing this in Excel, have all 2,503 broken out by respective year (2006 = 1,306, 2007 = 642, 2008 = 459, & 2009 = 96)
Please respond to me via email @ CMNTMXR57@aol.com, and include in the subject line “STS-V Registry”, this way I know who to read and what might be spam.

Thanks.

See less See more
#407 ·
Re: STS-V owners’ registry

I haven't logged onto the forums in a while but I still have my 2007 STS-V (Black on Black)
VIN: 1G6DX67D170142041

If you want it for the registry I picked it up at Sewell Cadillac in Dallas, TX with 50k miles back around 2010.
I relocated to Conroe, TX (near Houston) in 2012 and am now in Beavercreek, Ohio since February 2016 with it.

Considered selling a time or two especially given the way Ohio winters can be but I know I'd be hard pressed to replace it with something I'd enjoy near as much.

If your still working on this list you should have it broken down by state.
I've got a buddy that does web programming.
He might be able to do something with Google Maps like he did for our company.

----------

BTW... In case you don't have it Jeff Schmitt Cadillac near Xenia recently sold a 2008 STS-V in Thunder Gray.
The VIN is 1G6DX67D780157693

Someone got one hell of a deal. They were asking a hair over $26,000
It only had 13,180 miles and was immaculate with only the Spectra Intake changed over stock.
Even had good tires.

----------

Another bonus to living in Ohio - unless you're up by Cleveland you dont have to worry about emissions.
I'm trying to track down a set of D3 Headers since nobody else makes a set. Either that or gut the cats and uncork this thing and see what it sounds like :canttalk:

This post has been deleted
#409 ·

Ok, sorry I haven't been around for awhile. Made quite a few updates to the tracker, we're up to 633 cars so far.

mprice, since I have all locations listed on it, it would be easy to sort by location also. It's an Excel spreadsheet, so it can be easily manipulated.

#411 ·
Am I missing where the actual registry is? I am looking at a 06 Thunder Grey with Light grey interior and was curious how many are out there?
Not very many of those especially with chrome wheels....
That's why I like mine so much!!;)

----------

Not very many of those especially with chrome wheels....
That's why I like mine so much!!;)
06 was actually stealth gray 07 and up was changed to thunder gray...

#414 ·

Added BigMike and a few others. Up to 643 cars now. Admittedly, I've been a little slacker lately.

Still open to suggestions or help on creating a web portal that is accessible by all and that I could update as I get VIN#'s.

#415 ·

Added BigMike and a few others. Up to 643 cars now. Admittedly, I've been a little slacker lately.

Still open to suggestions or help on creating a web portal that is accessible by all and that I could update as I get VIN#'s.
It may not be the most elegant, but something like google sheets would work. It can be shared with a link and is easily updated. Works just like excel. Let me know if you need any help.

#417 ·

Ok, been awhile again. Two things I didn't realize;

1) This place had been hacked also. It wasn't until I tried to log in that I find I had to reset my PW. Other message forums sent us an email to say, "Hey, reset your sh*t!"
2) We're only allowed 55 PM's. So if you tried to PM me and got a "Message full" warning, I do apologize. I cleared a couple out so go ahead and re-send.

We're still at 643 cars. I haven't been as diligent in updating it as I've not spent much time in front of a computer (other than here at work), and more of the changes I'm making are people updating cars I already had.

So status quo...

#418 ·

Ok, been awhile again. Two things I didn't realize;

1) This place had been hacked also. It wasn't until I tried to log in that I find I had to reset my PW. Other message forums sent us an email to say, "Hey, reset your sh*t!"
2) We're only allowed 55 PM's. So if you tried to PM me and got a "Message full" warning, I do apologize. I cleared a couple out so go ahead and re-send.

We're still at 643 cars. I haven't been as diligent in updating it as I've not spent much time in front of a computer (other than here at work), and more of the changes I'm making are people updating cars I already had.

So status quo...
I don't believe it was hacked though. Several forums that are run on the same software all requested password changes at the same time. From what I can tell most forums were being cautious.

#419 ·

... And I already forgot my new PW! At least my account is secure because if I can't remember it...

Anyway, I thought I read a thread in the general discussion area about it being hacked, but I may have been reading it out of context.

I know on a few other forums, the beef has been with the fact that creating a more complicated PW only frustrates members more than protects anything because the initial issue WASN'T with member's actual passwords. It was the fault of the software's protection AGAINST hacking. So now, the next time they breach it, and they will as it's inevitable like death and taxes, is that they'll just hack a more complicated PW. So what was the point.

Anyway, nothing against anyone here, or on those other forums, just kinda funny in what the resolve was in the aftermath.

#424 ·

So I have not seen anything like this on here, and I figure with only 2,503 vehicles produced over 4 model years, it might be nice to track all the STS-V’s we can. I hope this does not break any site rules. If so, please let me know as that is not my intention.

Anyway, I see stuff like this for other limited production vehicles (namely, just recently the G8 GXP registry), and thought I’d like to attempt this for our cars. It would make nice when tracking back, especially as these are being flipped and new people are buying them second and sometimes third hand. It will also help us to identify who has what number in line each year.

So what do I need from you?

• Your VIN#: This will help when tracking the actual vehicles as they change hands. If you’re worried about giving out your VIN#, I don’t see why. You probably post more personal stuff on your Face book page!
• Exterior color: Self Explanatory
• Interior color: Self Explanatory
• Your name: I will hide last names on purpose, but we need a name to the car.
• Location: City is fine. The nearest major metro area can be used to. I am not asking for your actual address. For instance, I will just list Myself as “Chicago”.
• Screen name: Since the bulk of these will be sourced from here, you probably have a screen name, right?

Please note, I am not asking for anything personal. I’m not asking for your SSN, bank accounts, G/F or Wife’s measurements (although if you wish to add them and send pics for proof, I won’t refuse them), etc. I will have additional columns for previous owners as these cars flip and someone says, “Hey, I have VIN#.......”. I am not going to sell anything to anyone, and I am NOT profiting on this. I am doing this of my own free will.

I am doing this in Excel, have all 2,503 broken out by respective year (2006 = 1,306, 2007 = 642, 2008 = 459, & 2009 = 96)
Please respond to me via email @ CMNTMXR57@aol.com, and include in the subject line “STS-V Registry”, this way I know who to read and what might be spam.

Thanks.
Unfortunately, it will not let me edit my first post, so I am putting this here.

Updating to add a link to where we have put the registry. Thanks to Adam (Jvc220) for getting this up there;
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s108JBOYCr-dFDM059RcvfJt1PLsvq6DIehWB9IjDCc/edit?usp=sharing

#425 ·

Just sent you an email update as I found a nice 2006 STS-V with 27K
Black Raven /light grey n
now I think there are 3 STS-V's in Tacoma and 2 in Seattle

have always enjoyed your posts and your posts in the Bonneville forum - as I too had a 05 Bonneville GXP - Crimson Red, always ran perfect.

#426 ·

Thanks man. I haven't updated it recently. I'm thinking next week I'll do another round. This is a busy week for me here at work unless I do it late at night or something...

Who were you on PBC? I'm trying to think of all the Crimson Tintcoat's we had that were frequent visitors there.

#427 · (Edited)

Due to some kind of glitch, I was never permitted to log-in to the PBC forum as each time I tried it came back with there is another member with that log-in. (well yes the log-in name was me). So I never had a chance to post on the Bonneville forum. My 05 GXP was good to me bought it for $12K and sold it 3 yrs later for $13.5K

#430 ·

I must have missed the cutoff date as my 06 STS-V is not listed.

I did find out there are 19 STS-V's in Wash State!

anyway I thought it would be interesting sometime in the future that the STS-V owners around Tacoma-Seattle-Fife, Puyallup could meet sometime for breakfast and take photos and discuss our special cars?

I see there is a Larry in Tacoma who seems active on this forum.

#431 ·

Apologies, I never went back to my email on the last round of updates. I just put it in now. So when we put another update up, it will be included. As of now, your 2006 #28 on the list. The next one (#29) is last 6 of 157286 and was in Wisconsin.

#435 ·

I found the registry using the search function and also found my car listed under number 139. How did the info get there? I've only owned the car for a month or so.
Well your car was known on the board before you purchased it. That gave us the VIN and colors. And when you posted about it, I updated the username and location based on what you posted on the forum. If you confirm your name, I will be happy to update that as well.

We try to add all vehicles that become available for sale as well, even if the owner is not on the forum. That is why so many on the list only show a VIN and maybe some colors/location. Those were cars that were found for sale on the internet but we have no other information on them.

#437 ·
So I was about to purchase a 2007 V but when i made a second look at it it had suffered a front end collision that was not properly repaired or reported ie. The actual front bumper was cut out and not replaced. Nor sure what the dealership is going to do but i walked away. VIN 1G6DX67D670116597, still in Virginia Beach, the search continues.....

#440 ·

Yeah, I was ready to sell my old car that I had for more than a decade (heavily modified 12 second '02 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 40th Anniversary) and found this one at Bob Brown's through Autotrader. Two requirements for a replacement vehicle was a supercharger and HUD, and V series always appealed to me. Its got 57k miles now and is in pretty good condition, I just need to replace the radiator. Looks like the last owner hit something and busted the lower splash guard out and caused the lower corner of the radiator to start leaking. I've changed all the fluids and debadged the STS logo and GM chiclets. My plan is to get the full intake, 2.55 pulley and a tune. I've very happy with the quiet exhaust for now, but might upgrade that in the future when I think more HP is needed :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.