Cadillac Owners Forum banner

finally picked up my V

7K views 66 replies 11 participants last post by  Cadillac Customer Service 
#1 ·
Well, after dealing with the credit union and being late to work, I finally have my 2008 V. I had to leave the dealership right after signing papers in order to get to work, so I didn't even get to drive it home. My wife did (scary thought I know). Can't wait to get home in the morning and take her for a spin and try to figure out all the little perks about this car!!

#28 ·
I turn mine off in the settings it makes it mad when I drift the car around turns it freaks out lol.

I like the HUD and the blind spot warning could live for ever with out the lane departure working.

Did any one notice that if you drift right the sound comes from the right speakers and the left if you drift left that's cool to show off that's it.

#29 ·
I haven't noticed a code, I just can't get it to turn on in the NAV screen. Not to worried about it, especially after reading y'all's comments lol.
I agree about the HUD, that thing spoils me. I love that the tach shows when you put it into the slapshift (correct term?)

#30 ·
Yep having the rpms show on the HUD is my favorite thing about it. It's when you're in sport or manual shifting mode (that's what I call it.) I've heard it called slap shift before.
Yeah it's nice how if you leave the lane to the right, the beeps come in the right speaker, left, left speaker.
I don't know how I feel about the SBZA. They just introduced it into the cts coupe. A car with outward visibility like that, I get it. But if you're looking at the light in the SZBA, aren't you looking in the mirror anyway!? At night it's nice because you can see the light in the mirror in your perefrials, but again, you could see the headlights of a car at the corner of your eyes too. Whatever. Overall I like it.

This post has been deleted
#40 ·
Check for codes. If you have onstar this is easy.

----------

The horn doesn't have to be on when locked for the remote start to work by the way.

----------

This is out of the manual:

"The remote start feature will not operate if any of the following occur:
• The check engine light is displayed. See “Check Engine Light” under Malfunction Indicator Lamp on page 252.
• The valet lockout switch is on.
• The keyless access transmitter is in the vehicle.
• The vehicle’s hood is open.
• The vehicle personalization feature is not enabled.
• An unauthorized vehicle entry or a vehicle theft was attempted."

----------

Uh oh. Valet switch. Are you able to open the trunk with the button in the door or with the fob in your pocket right now? If not your valet switch is on and that could be causing the remote start not to work.

----------

Easy way to check is to see if you can open the trunk with the button on the key fob. Also I believe your fob has to be programmed as fob 1 or 2. If it's programmed as anything else, shouldn't work.

#42 ·
Well no the theft attempted thing is only if a theft was attempted since the last time the car was started.

----------

In the past with my 2007 sts I stumbled upon a way to get the theft attempted message to appear. I was disconnecting the battery overnight. The next morning I would use the key to get in the car, open the hood, reconnect, and then go in the car to start it and the message would appear.

#46 ·
If I can ever get a day off, I will try that lol
thanks

----------

Oh wait... lightbulb...the key fob 1 should recall the memory seat into position without me having to tell it via the NAV screen, correct? Since I have to manually recall the memory seat, could that mean the fobs aren't programed?

#47 ·
Not necessarily. For example, when I let someone try my car I let them adjust anything but I don't have the car set to recall the settings automatically. The only way I have it where the settings are recalled is when I press the driver 1 button on the nav. So no. It could just be turned off.

I don't use the exit position thing either. I feel like the less these things are constantly moving the less likely they are to break.

#50 ·
Well I bought the car for these features. What's the point of having them if you're too scared to use them? The seat I understand, I don't move mine more than I need to, as I've had air bag plug problems, but that doesn't mean I don't move it when cleaning the car or if I want to adjust for comfort.

#51 ·
I do move it but I don't need the wheel to move every time I open the door. I transport cars for a living and more than 1/2 the high end one with 40-60k on them have wheels that don't move right our windows that do work our seats that don't move correctly. I don't want that to be my car.

#52 ·
One weird thing about my STSs........With the regular STS, when I exit, the steering wheel moves up and in. With my V, it only moves up, not in.

It's never been a big deal, so I don't really care, but kind of strange.

It moves in and out when I do it manually, so the mechanism works.

#53 ·
Mine moves up and in and I have the seat pull back and down to exit. Obviously you have never driven in Chicago in the winter while wearing a heavy coat! Nearly impossible to enter or exit with the steering wheel where I like to drive. 8 years now, and never an issue. My 15 year old Jag gives a bit of fight with the steering wheel once in a while, but probably because the poor thing never gets driven (only has 22K on it). V is my DD.

Bob

#55 ·
Thanks Laura, they seem like they're gonna take care of it for no charge. I mean, I didn't check it at the dealer, but it also wasn't listed as an issue like some of the smaller things were. If I have any issues, I'll be sure to let you know. The salesman was very helpful and actually sold me on the car (I went in looking for cts-v, happy with my choice.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.