finally picked up my V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, finally picked up my V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; It does have to be enabled in the vehicle personalization settings though....
    carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    It does have to be enabled in the vehicle personalization settings though.

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

Re: finally picked up my V

if when you hit lock button twice then hit remote start and hold it down and the lights flash but no start may have a dtc set that will disable the remote start from working or if your hood is open if for some odd reason you were attempting with it popped

rbzstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): stsv
    The remote start on mine recently stopped working also

Mikeyg09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Thanks for all the replies guys.
    I have been pressing the lock button and then the start but still nothing. And If my horn is supposed to sound when I lock the doors then I have another problem because it doesn't lol. Gonna take it back to the dealer when my plates come in and have them fix it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyg09 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys.
    I have been pressing the lock button and then the start but still nothing. And If my horn is supposed to sound when I lock the doors then I have another problem because it doesn't lol. Gonna take it back to the dealer when my plates come in and have them fix it.
    Hello Mikeyg09,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these concerns with your new STS-V’s remote start and your horn sounding when you lock your doors. Keep us updated on the situation when you take your vehicle to the dealership and please feel free to private message us if you would like any assistance working with your dealership. Thank you very much for your time. We will be looking for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Ok couple of things here. The horn sounds when you hit the lock button twice. Next. When you start the car you press the lock button and then immediately HOLD the start button on the remote. You have to hold it for a good 3 seconds id say. Now I'm not sure if you're tracking but you can set it so you don't have to actually do anything to lock your car. Go into the settings and make it so you can just leave the vehicle, close the door and if the fob is in your pocket, the car will lock itself after about 10 secs. Now, with that, you can set it so there is a horn sound when the car does lock, or you can set it to silent. I put the horn on so I can walk away and not have to look back. I hear the horn and I know it's locked.

If you have remote start enabled in the nav settings and you press the lock button followed by holding the start button and the car doesn't start, then there's an issue. But not necessarily with the remote start. The manual lists reasons why remote start won't work. Open hood, if a theft was attempted, if your vehicle is throwing a code, and I think there's more.

Didn't know there was a setting in the car that would disable it. I'll have to try that. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of over whelmed with all the features, especially after an 03 mustang lol. I feel like you could play with this thing for hours and still not see everything that it can do.

Another question, how does everyone feel about the lane departure warning? Apparently the module in mine is bad. The dealer offered to fix it, but for $700. I just decided to drive it how it is. Is this something I need to invest in?

Sorry for the off topic discussion lol

It's a bonus. Obviously coming from an 03 mustang you don't need it. Honestly, it's more of a "cool feature" than useful to me. I use it because it goes on by default when you turn the car on and it doesn't hurt to have it on. The most use I get of of it is when I cross over the line and the 3 beeps come on and a new passenger asks what that beeping was. I explain it and they are impressed. That's it.

Now, on the other hand I am a perfectionist and I don't like it when things aren't functioning as they're supposed to. That kind of stuff irritates me. Seeing error messages, or even if there is something wrong with my car that doesn't really affect its operation. Gets on my nerves so I probably would get it fixed depending on price. $700? No thanks.

OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyg09
    Didn't know there was a setting in the car that would disable it. I'll have to try that. Not gonna lie, I'm kind of over whelmed with all the features, especially after an 03 mustang lol. I feel like you could play with this thing for hours and still not see everything that it can do. Another question, how does everyone feel about the lane departure warning? Apparently the module in mine is bad. The dealer offered to fix it, but for $700. I just decided to drive it how it is. Is this something I need to invest in? Sorry for the off topic discussion lol
    I think Lane Departure Warning feature is not worth fixing. I have it but don't find it useful. Just cool to have I guess.

Does yours spit out an error message? "Lane departure system unavailable" is what it should say according to the manual. Here's what it says about the message:

"If your vehicle has the Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, this message may display if the LDW system does not activate due to a temporary condition. See the Index in the Navigation manual for more information."

So I went over to the nav manual and here is what it says about the same message:

"This message may appear in the DIC if LDW does not activate due to a temporary condition. See “DIC Warnings and Messages” in the Index of your vehicle’s owner manual for more information."

Nice. Both manuals refer you to each other.

But the nav manual shows 2 possible messages. The other one is "service lane departure system." Regarding this message, the nav manual says:

"This message may appear in the DIC to indicate that LDW is not working properly. If this message remains on after continued driving, the system needs service. Take your vehicle to your dealer/retailer. See “DIC Warnings and Messages” in the Index of your vehicle’s owner manual for more information."

I'm guessing that last one is you?

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    My 06 doesn't have it, so I don't miss it.........

I do sometimes get jealous of you guys with HUD, but I still love mine.

Yeah HUD is nice. I think that's the only thing the older ones really miss out on. The other stuff isn't a big deal.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I turn mine off in the settings it makes it mad when I drift the car around turns it freaks out lol.

I like the HUD and the blind spot warning could live for ever with out the lane departure working.

Did any one notice that if you drift right the sound comes from the right speakers and the left if you drift left that's cool to show off that's it.
    Mikeyg09 likes this.

I haven't noticed a code, I just can't get it to turn on in the NAV screen. Not to worried about it, especially after reading y'all's comments lol.
    I agree about the HUD, that thing spoils me. I love that the tach shows when you put it into the slapshift (correct term?)

Yep having the rpms show on the HUD is my favorite thing about it. It's when you're in sport or manual shifting mode (that's what I call it.) I've heard it called slap shift before.
    Yeah it's nice how if you leave the lane to the right, the beeps come in the right speaker, left, left speaker.
    I don't know how I feel about the SBZA. They just introduced it into the cts coupe. A car with outward visibility like that, I get it. But if you're looking at the light in the SZBA, aren't you looking in the mirror anyway!? At night it's nice because you can see the light in the mirror in your perefrials, but again, you could see the headlights of a car at the corner of your eyes too. Whatever. Overall I like it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.